General MFC Discussion 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's awesome to have someone around with the quality info that you have ... but geez I rage out when you do this, haha

Sorry, should have mentioned. This is just putting pieces in place. Rawling holds the spot we want Yze to fill. Time is right as well.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sorry, should have mentioned. This is just putting pieces in place. Rawling holds the spot we want Yze to fill. Time is right as well.

If Yze wants to come to this place then I don't want him. Anyone who wants to be here clearly isn't right in the head. We should only look to recruit people who don't want to come to the club.

If Yze wants to come to this place then I don't want him. Anyone who wants to be here clearly isn't right in the head. We should only look to recruit people who don't want to come to the club.
They should recruit from BigFooty then

He doesn’t “want to come” he’s happy at HFC. But let me say that is incredibly hard to offer a job to someone, while someone is in that role.

El Gringo

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey guys,

I come in peace. Just had a quick question - why was Jones offered another contract?

By all accounts, looks like he's passed it and will be 32 next year. Has endured a lot of down times, so it's understandable why he'd want to see if he could leave on a good note...but why has the club offered him another year? Is it sentimentality? Just seems odd given your issue with inside mids and the plethora of them you have. Would think he'd be the viable candidate to move on, allowing Petracca, Viney, Brayshaw and Oliver to be your on ball mix with Salem and (possibly) Ed Langdon as your outside run?

Any thoughts?
Copped a lot of unfair criticism this season mainly for being rushed into the side underdone at the start of the year. Took a while to get going but the whole side was filled with players who looked worse than they have in previous years, that’s why it seemed odd to me Jones was the whipping boy basically all year while a few others probably having worse seasons didn’t cop much criticism at all.

He deserves the deal for next season and is a good chance for mine to earn another one to go on in 2021.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone who wants to support, follow or take control of this club isn't right in the head. I'm not being a smart arse. We had Roos and Jackson to right the ship, then went and ****ed it up again.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
He doesn’t “want to come” he’s happy at HFC. But let me say that is incredibly hard to offer a job to someone, while someone is in that role.

Crivens. I would hope we're doing more than just offering him a job if we're marching on 75% of the coaching staff. A team of Goody, Alan Richardson and a bunch of untried / inexperienced / leftover coaching staff doesn't sound like a great spot to be in.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
He's really highly rated
Is he? For what?

11 games as caretaker of Richmond after Wallace got the arse and was still overlooked for the senior job. Assistant coach at Brisbane under Michael Voss (lol). Seven years with us- "backline coach" when we were getting pumped, VFL "coach of the year" before losing the premiership against the team that finished sixth, followed up with three wins in half a season before becoming our forward coach. Not that you' d know we had a forward coach in the second half of the year.

Seriously though, seven years at Melbourne, who in their right mind would rate any coach after that?

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Is he? For what?

11 games as caretaker of Richmond after Wallace got the arse and was still overlooked for the senior job. Assistant coach at Brisbane under Michael Voss (lol). Seven years with us- "backline coach" when we were getting pumped, VFL "coach of the year" before losing the premiership against the team that finished sixth, followed up with three wins in half a season before becoming our forward coach. Not that you' d know we had a forward coach in the second half of the year.

Seriously though, seven years at Melbourne, who in their right mind would rate any coach after that?
*s me, but he is. Have heard his named mentioned multiple times as an assistant who'd be able to step straight into a senior role. Of course, Neeld was the same, so it doesn't actually mean anything until they've got their feet under the desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back