General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
thinking of signing up as an AFL member, anyone that would/ wouldnt recommend it. Seats are basically centre wing right? is it easy to get finals tickets etc?
I signed up a few years ago. First year has a extra 160 bucks joining fee, but if you stay a mfc member, mfc will waive $50 off for afl club support. You basically get 40 games for free, as long as it's mcg or Etihad. If you book, it's 9 bucks extra for a reserved seat, and basically straight across from mfc. After your first year, it goes down to 440 a year from memory.

Worth it? Maybe. I saw a lot more games last year but lost interest in most afl this year. I'd say it's worth it if you plan on going to 20+ games, and at least 2 or 3 finals.

Finals are 21 bucks until the prelim them it's 170 odd. If you want grand final access, forget it.

Hope that helps.

I signed up a few years ago. First year has a extra 160 bucks joining fee, but if you stay a mfc member, mfc will waive $50 off for afl club support. You basically get 40 games for free, as long as it's mcg or Etihad. If you book, it's 9 bucks extra for a reserved seat, and basically straight across from mfc. After your first year, it goes down to 440 a year from memory.

Worth it? Maybe. I saw a lot more games last year but lost interest in most afl this year. I'd say it's worth it if you plan on going to 20+ games, and at least 2 or 3 finals.

Finals are 21 bucks until the prelim them it's 170 odd. If you want grand final access, forget it.

Hope that helps.
thanks mate!

Lets assume that Frost leaves, we get Langdon, and the rest of the list remains the same except for draftees

It means we have filled wing roles, but haven't found another small/medium forward, and we've lost our best line breaking backman.

Where does Hunt train for and play next year? He was decent playing forward this year, but I still see his most damaging potential as a running defender, especially if he has the full group of Lever/May/Hore/Salem/Jetta around him.

High price to pay for Tim Kelly.

Pick 14, 24, 37, 2020 first round pick for Tim Kelly, pick 57 and 2020 third round pick. Guess West Coast don't think much of this year's draft.

High price to pay for Tim Kelly.

Pick 14, 24, 37, 2020 first round pick for Tim Kelly, pick 57 and 2020 third round pick. Guess West Coast don't think much of this year's draft.

Kelly is a great player though and probably worth it for a team like West Coast who is in 'win now' mode. Kelly had a ton of impact in Geelong's finals games, nearly got them across the line himself against Richmond.

They have a very very very strong midfield - Kelly, Shuey, Gaff, Yeo, Sheed and Naitanui.

Lets assume that Frost leaves, we get Langdon, and the rest of the list remains the same except for draftees

It means we have filled wing roles, but haven't found another small/medium forward, and we've lost our best line breaking backman.

Where does Hunt train for and play next year? He was decent playing forward this year, but I still see his most damaging potential as a running defender, especially if he has the full group of Lever/May/Hore/Salem/Jetta around him.
Yeah thought Hunt was decent up forward for us this year. At his best, I think playing as that line-breaking rebounding defender is probably his best position. He brings value at both ends of the ground but my preference would be to utilise him in our back 6 going forward. Whether we utilise him down back or forward, I'd have him in our best 22.

Yeah thought Hunt was decent up forward for us this year. At his best, I think playing as that line-breaking rebounding defender is probably his best position. He brings value at both ends of the ground but my preference would be to utilise him in our back 6 going forward. Whether we utilise him down back or forward, I'd have him in our best 22.
All going well I think Hunt has to go back, if not for any other reason, but a fully fit Hannan and Melksham probably means there isn't a lot of room for him in the forward line.

Kelly is a great player though and probably worth it for a team like West Coast who is in 'win now' mode. Kelly had a ton of impact in Geelong's finals games, nearly got them across the line himself against Richmond.

They have a very very very strong midfield - Kelly, Shuey, Gaff, Yeo, Sheed and Naitanui.

He'd want to be. West Coast have an aging list - 17 players over 27, with a lot of those key players who are going to need to be replaced in a few years. Giving up two late firsts, a decent second and a late second is a lot of decent young players that aren't going to be coming through the door. High price to pay given they're already light on for talent in the younger age bracket.

I agree. At best, he can use his pace to break lines and halve aerial contests. At worst he can replace some of Frost’s spooked horse routine down back. What’s not to like?

All going well I think Hunt has to go back, if not for any other reason, but a fully fit Hannan and Melksham probably means there isn't a lot of room for him in the forward line.
Yeah that's true. I'm a fan of Hannan, I reckon he could be a pretty good contributor for us next year if he completes a fair chunk of the pre-season. Looking at our backline, I feel like we do need another running defender down there. Hibberd has regressed in the past couple of years and really Salem is used down there for his skill.

Yeah that's true. I'm a fan of Hannan, I reckon he could be a pretty good contributor for us next year if he completes a fair chunk of the pre-season. Looking at our backline, I feel like we do need another running defender down there. Hibberd has regressed in the past couple of years and really Salem is used down there for his skill.
Which is why Murray for nothing makes sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Therell be a few on here carrying on about his kicking then giving him lessons. going now that aint working thats the way you do it. Love me some dire
Pity Jack Watts doesn’t play for us any more. Heard he has an earring and a jet airplane.

Hunt doesn't find the ball enough to play off half back.
Eh. Chicken/egg.

He doesn’t get the ball enough and that’ll be the case if he’s playing at starvation corner.

Pity Jack Watts doesn’t play for us any more. Heard he has an earring and a jet airplane.

Eh. Chicken/egg.

He doesn’t get the ball enough and that’ll be the case if he’s playing at starvation corner.
But he loves swimming and **** so surely couldnt be a bundle of sticks although he could fuel a fire

I take the point about the value of Hunt's speed down back, but he seemed to take to the lead-up role quite naturally and is a good set shot. I'm okay with him expanding on his forward craft.

I take the point about the value of Hunt's speed down back, but he seemed to take to the lead-up role quite naturally and is a good set shot. I'm okay with him expanding on his forward craft.
Nah. He's a bog average forward who stood out in a pile of s**t. Fritsch went down there and immediately looked much better.

Tmac, Weid, Melksham, Fristch, Hannan are all better forwards with more craft, missing a goal sneak in there

In two years from now if Hunt is still in our best forwards we are stuffed.

He'd want to be. West Coast have an aging list - 17 players over 27, with a lot of those key players who are going to need to be replaced in a few years. Giving up two late firsts, a decent second and a late second is a lot of decent young players that aren't going to be coming through the door. High price to pay given they're already light on for talent in the younger age bracket.

You assume.

Random year
2013 - Cam McCarthy, Billy Hartung and Alex Pearce.
Heeney Langford Durdin and Garlett were the 15-18 the next year and Heeney was an academy selection. Boekhorst was 19.

They might have given up 4 spuds, they might have given up 2 spuds and 2 very good players. End of the day in their premiership hitting zone next year they have one of the best mids in the AFL

Nah. He's a bog average forward who stood out in a pile of s**t. Fritsch went down there and immediately looked much better.

Tmac, Weid, Melksham, Fristch, Hannan are all better forwards with more craft, missing a goal sneak in there

In two years from now if Hunt is still in our best forwards we are stuffed.

I'd pick Hunt in a forward six ahead of Hannan, personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back