General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's he even referencing?
I'd say he's sitting on some sliver of unsubstantiated gossip, and instead of investigating anything, he just throws this out there as soon as possible. If it comes up, he looks like he gets all the scoops before anyone else, if it doesn't, it won't be too long before another rumour is floating around and the last one is forgotten.

Pretty sure he was the one who came out with the Rance and Mrs Higgins rumour, and then backtracked it hard, presumably after some lawyers made contact with him.

From the the highest echelons of integrity ...

:sorry here we go: Simon Goodwin has elected to only handball and kick left side of the body at training this year on Wednesdays. This is a major ground breaking change of footy tactics bc Alistair Clarkson only does it right side could this be the FLAG"

lol

:sorry here we go: Simon Goodwin has elected to only handball and kick left side of the body at training this year on Wednesdays. This is a major ground breaking change of footy tactics bc Alistair Clarkson only does it right side could this be the FLAG"

lol

Wait is this legit?

Thoughts on this? Feels a bit early for a redemption style video...

******* hell. I mean there’s a largely unfair stereotype that Melbourne get ahead of themselves which is more or less based on a perception of some our late 90s early 2000s teams. s**t like this from the media department does not help.

******* hell. I mean there’s a largely unfair stereotype that Melbourne get ahead of themselves which is more or less based on a perception of some our late 90s early 2000s teams. s**t like this from the media department does not help.
I mean doesn't really bother me. It's ok to be loud and brash if you are backing it up so hopefully the players don't let them down.

They gotta learn to deal with pressure at some point, they collapsed in the face of it in the WC game. They should have a fire underneath them this year

Apart from the tigers and weagles I don't think any side is definently better than us on paper.

Right now it's the media dept's job to build some hype around the season, which is very much needed given where our membership numbers are sitting.

Get this out in the next few weeks, and then (hopefully decent) on field performances take over once games kick off.

I don’t mind the video, I like the montage with sound track which resembles a bad 80s action film. But they can make videos all the like, what will actually get supporters excited and members to stick around. Performance on the field. None of this we are a learning developing team - political sell, just perform.

Topkent TheCount saj_21
All fair points. I’m just of the view that promoting a redemption story this early has marginal benefit.

Anyway, here’s hoping it turns into the most prescient piece of sports filmmaking of recent times. Our best is good enough to roll anybody.
Yeah, there is certainly a risk of that ... and if the season follows on from last year, it'll look really bad. I can just understand the decision behind producing it, with membership numbers down, and still about a month until any footy get played, this is just about their only option to just and build some hype. I'd imagine they've done so, knowing that a fair portion of the supporter won't will receive it in a range between indifference and displeasure, but if it pulls in some more members, they'll take it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps we're misreading the whole thing and this is about 2018-19, not 2019-20
Hell in this context is the finals and the doco depicts our horrendous run, culminating in the Perth shellacking, before we make it back to the safe, familiar surrounds of the bottom four.

It must the the inner Melbourne coming out in me but I was thinking the exact same thing

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My tomatillo seeds that I got sprouting in November are now six massive plants in pots. One of them is over four feet. I’ve tied them to stakes like tomatoes. And the bees are all over the little yellow flowers and two of them are growing fruit. Why did I not know growing stuff was so amazing? I wish I was a zillionaire and could just do this kind of stuff all the time.

My tomatillo seeds that I got sprouting in November are now six massive plants in pots. One of them is over four feet. I’ve tied them to stakes like tomatoes. And the bees are all over the little yellow flowers and two of them are growing fruit. Why did I not know growing stuff was so amazing? I wish I was a zillionaire and could just do this kind of stuff all the time.
You can, you just need a bigger garden!!

The last few years, I've done a "let's construct our best 22" thing, with polls for each line. If anybody wants to do that over the off-season, feel free!
Hey, I was going to start this year's edition tomorrow, just wondering if you or anyone else had plans for doing it. Thought I'd just check before diving into it.

* the 3 blokes we drafted seem like a tight bunch dont really remember other draftees being what looks like so close straight off the bat. Gotta be a good thing. Anyways carry on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back