General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Stevens reported we did a player vote today for captaincy and it’ll be announced early next week.

Is it just me or is this the first we’ve heard of a player vote for captaincy under Goodwin? When they made Viney co captain it kinda felt like we forced that.

I loved the draft stuff we did, maybe that's why I had high hopes of this being a great watch also. 😞
In fairness, from a timeline perspective, that episode basically only covered the day after the GF and the players holidays. Still a good chance of there being a bit covered about trade period and the draft etc.

Mark Stevens reported we did a player vote today for captaincy and it’ll be announced early next week.

Is it just me or is this the first we’ve heard of a player vote for captaincy under Goodwin? When they made Viney co captain it kinda felt like we forced that.
WTF we need to vote for? any campaigner not voting Gawn shouldnt get a ******* game. Never been a more obvious choice ffs

I think the player vote was only for the Leadership Group previously, not the captaincy.

Potentially suggests that it'll be a stand alone Captain as well.

Anyone else find it annoying getting all the AFLW team selection news? There is no way to unsubscribe from them and I really have zero interest in the competition

Anyone else find it annoying getting all the AFLW team selection news? There is no way to unsubscribe from them and I really have zero interest in the competition
No. It pretty much goes unmentioned here

Burgess leadership really showing through in this episode.

Much better episode than last week, I love Burgo, he's a hard arse, but exactly what we needed.

Shots fired at Misso...."we've done 37km this week, it's only November and we'll look to increase that by 20% next week, for whatever reason you never got above that all of last summer" 😂😂😂

Much better episode than last week, I love Burgo, he's a hard arse, but exactly what we needed.

Shots fired at Misso...."we've done 37km this week, it's only November and we'll look to increase that by 20% next week, for whatever reason you never got above that all of last summer" 😂😂😂
I think he was referencing numbers of players injured.

But still great point "don't show you're rooted, you'll do it in a game too". Love that.

Who knows maybe next they'll practice a shepherd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to hear Goodwin admit how wrong they got it last preseason at the start of the episode also.

Just shows a heap of us were right to be concerned at the state of the players fitness in round 1. Club had it's head up it's arse, tried playing catch up all year and never did.

The behind the scenes chat with Bennell was good to see. 👍

I think he was referencing numbers of players injured.

But still great point "don't show you're rooted, you'll do it in a game too". Love that.

Who knows maybe next they'll practice a shepherd.

The whole group wasn't injured tho, he's was definitely having a go at the preseason program last year, mentioning how "it's only November" and we've already done more running this week than you did in a week over the entire preseason last year.

Burgo manages to give the players some hard truths i.e. the 36-37km with a 20% increase next week. But he motivates them to be better rather than breathe fire and brimstone and demand they be better

The whole group wasn't injured tho, he's was definitely having a go at the preseason program last year, mentioning how "it's only November" and we've already done more running this week than you did in a week over the entire preseason last year.
Yeah but I doubt you could have the 15 non injured/ex rehab guys doing those miles if you can't build up to it over the weeks leading up. I'm definitely not defending Misson but I highly doubt they didn't hit those numbers the season prior. You're reading it as of Misson and co just stopped doing their job completely, hence the slap down.

I think it's more aimed at building confidence to the group "hey, all this hard work will put you guys in a lot better position for footy by round 1 than what you were last year".

Either way, loving what I'm seeing from him.

Everyone's thoughts on the strategic plan for next 4 years, circulated tonight per AGM?

Lot of balls on the line with that.

For anyone who didn't get it-
* finals each year for AFLM and AFLW
* 1 premiership each
* home base consisting of admin and footy department under 1 location, and a social club to enhance matche day experience. Inside the mcg precinct.
* $4 mil combined profit
* build up Casey fields, vfl, vflw and aflw to play home games there.
* start construction of home base, and finish construction of Casey high performance facility
*75k members
*50k average home membership.

Boy oh boy wowee, I love it.

Everyone's thoughts on the strategic plan for next 4 years, circulated tonight per AGM?

Lot of balls on the line with that.

For anyone who didn't get it-
* finals each year for AFLM and AFLW
* 1 premiership each
* home base consisting of admin and footy department under 1 location, and a social club to enhance matche day experience. Inside the mcg precinct.
* $4 mil combined profit
* build up Casey fields, vfl, vflw and aflw to play home games there.
* start construction of home base, and finish construction of Casey high performance facility
*75k members
*50k average home membership.

Boy oh boy wowee, I love it.
I'm most curious about the home base. If they've laid it on the line like that saying they want it inside the MCG Precinct, does that mean they're is some actual progress with a location? Would you put it out to the supporters like that if it was still a pipe dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back