General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One positive that could come from being isolated at home is I will be able to really get some k's into my Smoker (if I can find any meat)
If you are located in Melbourne the markets are still fine for food supplies of pretty much everything - QV, Prahran etc. Asian places still fine too. Or they are good now - but consisting of small traders may put some under pressure to close in time.

The Zombie Apocalypse hoarding crew seem to be the type that don’t really think outside the prism of woollies/Coles/Aldi. It’s funny s**t really. All the deodorant was gone from my local Coles yesterday. Apparently coronavirus will make us smelly. I had to be creative and go to one of those organic hippy places with natural cleaning products. I sourced some roll-on natural deodorant made from hemp and eucalyptus or some such. Now I smell like a ******* koala bear.

Actually called my old man and gave him a genuine clip for distributing some boomer nonsense on Facebook about gargling vinegar to cure coronavirus.

Asked him where it was from - 'America Healthcare'. Apparently it's 'all the doctors in America'.
What nonsense, it's actually brandy!!!

The other thing I noticed is everyone has become an expert. The amount of people that believe you catch a cold from being in the cold, suddenly talking about how important personal hygiene is.

I know, you're referring to safety of players, but I have noticed on BF that we talk about this like it doesn't really apply to many of us here. We're all young footy loving guys and gals for the most part. But, as an insulin dependant diabetic, this is pretty real for me. I'm aware that I could be in serious trouble if I catch it. Fun times...
Players would be fine, they probably wouldn't even know they had it if they caught it. Problem is all the vulnerable people they'd infect. I'm super worried, my pig-headed mother is a diabetic and my dad's hardly fit and firing either.
Hope you're comfortable in your abode and your pantry is well stocked... stay safe!

If you are located in Melbourne the markets are still fine for food supplies of pretty much everything - QV, Prahran etc. Asian places still fine too. Or they are good now - but consisting of small traders may put some under pressure to close in time.

The Zombie Apocalypse hoarding crew seem to be the type that don’t really think outside the prism of woollies/Coles/Aldi. It’s funny s**t really. All the deodorant was gone from my local Coles yesterday. Apparently coronavirus will make us smelly. I had to be creative and go to one of those organic hippy places with natural cleaning products. I sourced some roll-on natural deodorant made from hemp and eucalyptus or some such. Now I smell like a ******* koala bear.

I had an amazing experience on Saturday when I went to Woolies. No pasta, no tinned veggies or sauce, all gone. Directly across from the Woolies on the other side of the arcade was a deli with dozens of bags of pasta literally out the front of the shop. Plenty of tinned goods too.

At the end of the day supplies are not low, the supermarkets simply can't get deliveries or stack the shelves fast enough.

Looking forward to the hoarders chucking all their perfectly good food out when this settles down.

When the AFL shuts down, we should host a live stream replay of our best recent wins. I'm thinking we start with 2018 finals vs. Geelong. I'll get super pissed again and cheer/yell at the screen 🤪

When the AFL shuts down, we should host a live stream replay of our best recent wins. I'm thinking we start with 2018 finals vs. Geelong. I'll get super pissed again and cheer/yell at the screen 🤪

foxfooty showed the 2017 win against the eagles. I forgot what a great win that was for us.

Lads and lasses, strange environment.

May I suggest if you haven’t, ring the club or sign up to a membership online this week. Think every dollar is going to count

May I suggest if you haven’t, ring the club or sign up to a membership online this week. Think every dollar is going to count

Every dollar is counting towards my rent at the moment.

Every dollar is counting towards my rent at the moment.
That’s reasonable, and I consider myself incredibly fortunate to be in a govt job right now.

If the players take paycuts like the rest of the country is about to then the clubs will be fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not great timing to be still looking for/ wanting to fund a new training base. Also not a bad time to be out of gambling, but remember that won't be until 2022, so any forecasts based on that revenue stream will be a lot lower.

That’s reasonable, and I consider myself incredibly fortunate to be in a govt job right now.
my mrs is a government worker, great place to be at the moment

I am due to start a new job on Thursday, if the company are still trading

Being in a finance manager i saw an extremely large company start prepairing for large redundancies on my last day on Monday. The restriction on large gatgerings and sport basically halted the company for up to 6 months so I was kinda ****ed had I stayed

Crazy times, I really feel for people that live week to week or dont have a savings buffer

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Nice to hear some people have employment, savings, and money. That must be nice.

I'm absolutely ****ed over here, I have no idea what I'm going to do. It sucks!

On the bright side my neighbours have a garage full of supplies, so if I run out of chickpeas I know where I can score some tinned veggies.

In some ways I'm kinda hoping it's a full economic collapse, mad max style s**t... might be the only way I get through all this!

I’m pretty bummed about this.

Stay safe folks.
is Philli on lockdown?

My brother in law who lives in NY said they are and it is near deserted on the streets

is Philli on lockdown?

My brother in law who lives in NY said they are and it is near deserted on the streets

Things aren’t quite as locked down as say NY or San Fran where it’s a “shelter in place” type situation but it’s not far behind. I get out more than most as a healthcare worker and being out definitely has a post apocalyptic feel to it.

Things aren’t quite as locked down as say NY or San Fran where it’s a “shelter in place” type situation but it’s not far behind. I get out more than most as a healthcare worker and being out definitely has a post apocalyptic feel to it.
how are they keeping all of the homeless off the streets in San Fran?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back