General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People talking about Oliver atleast that campaigner would get a game in our better teams straight up. We all know who i think wouldnt. just cause ya less s**t than the surrounding players doesnt make you 1 of the best 20 of the last 32years

Last edited:
People talking about Oliver atleast that campaigner would get a game in our better teams straight up. We all know who i think wouldnt. just cause ya less s**t than the surrounding players doesnt make you 1 of the best 20 of the last 22years
Jones at his best gets a game in every Melbourne team.

Jones at his best gets a game in every Melbourne team.
His best is B average FFS you campaigners with ya rose coloured glasses. Cant kick, cant mark, cant handpass. Can run around with no regard for a gameplan and get 20 touches. Oliver is already 1 of the best handballers to play the game, has elite contested ball stats gets 30 a game but is questioned. But Jones at his best gets a game yet Oliver not even in his prime is a *load better than Jones ever was.

His best is B average FFS you campaigners with ya rose coloured glasses. Cant kick, cant mark, cant handpass. Can run around with no regard for a gameplan and get 20 touches. Oliver is already 1 of the best handballers to play the game, has elite contested ball stats gets 30 a game but is questioned. But Jones at his best gets a game yet Oliver not even in his prime is a fu**load better than Jones ever was.
Yeah righto
Not even a bloody Oliver vs Jones issue.
It's that in a 23 year period you only had to play 2 good seasons to be in our best 20 players. Don't really give much of a * about trying to argue with ya over Jones again.

I said the same to my brother, no knock on Oliver. Also to be honest we are starching our heads to see who was stiff missing out.....

Imaging doing this for Geelong or Hawthorn for the same period.

Yeah, like whoever the best Melbourne mid people think is over the last 20 then try and slip em into a list of only cats mids

Ablett
Bartel
Ling
Corey
Kelly
Danger
Duncan
T.Kelly
Selwood
Riccardi
Johnson
Couch
Bews
Buddha
S.Hocking

Ours is like
Oliver
T.Viney
Bruce
Jones
Green
🤮🤮

Our players wouldn't even make the 3rd string cats midfield I don't think

Yeah, like whoever the best Melbourne mid people think is over the last 20 then try and slip em into a list of only cats mids

Ablett
Bartel
Ling
Corey
Kelly
Danger
Duncan
T.Kelly
Selwood
Riccardi
Johnson
Couch
Bews
Buddha
S.Hocking

Ours is like
Oliver
T.Viney
Bruce
Jones
Green
🤮🤮

Our players wouldn't even make the 3rd string cats midfield I don't think
I don't normally make any reference to these lists because they are so bloody subjective, but I don't think that S Hocking and Duncan are better than our best. And I assume that if you were ranking them, especially on general skill, ability and toughness then Buddha would be far out in front.

Yeah righto
Not even a bloody Oliver vs Jones issue.
It's that in a 23 year period you only had to play 2 good seasons to be in our best 20 players. Don't really give much of a fu** about trying to argue with ya over Jones again.
How many good seasons did the Ox have? Gawn hasnt had many more than 2 either. Jakovich? Woewodin? picking out Oliver is crazy considering his first few have been better than most had in their careers. Dont give a * if it was the first 2 or not. Oliver would be on nearly every other teams best 20 with the seasons hes had.

Last edited:
How many good seasons did the Ox have? Gawn hasnt had many more than 2 either. Jakovich? Woewodin? picking out Oliver is crazy considering his first few have been better than most had in their careers. Dont give a fu** if it was the first 2 or not. Oliver would be on nearly every other teams best 20 with the seasons hes had.
Maybe if ya read me original ******* post properly you'd see I wasn't having a go at Oliver but how s**t our list of 20 is ya turnip

Maybe if ya read me original ******* post properly you'd see I wasn't having a go at Oliver but how s**t our list of 20 is ya turnip
You werent the only 1 nor did i tag you in my post to begin with. World doesnt revolve around you princess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my very oldish opinion can't believe Greg Healy didn't get a spot , and only people who didn't see S.Wight play would think of leaving him out . Anyway a very subjective discussion cause we all are bored .

Does anyone think a dees game will be featured in Fox Footys top 50 in 50

Does anyone think a dees game will be featured in Fox Footys top 50 in 50
Merger game?
Of the list of the however many game you could choose from, they had the 1987 Prelim loss to Hawthorn, the 1988 Elim and Prelim wins against Weagles and Blues and the 2002 loss to Adelaide

Imaging doing this for Geelong or Hawthorn for the same period.
The Herald Sun has already done the Top 20 of the best 33 years for every Vic team.

Of the list of the however many game you could choose from, they had the 1987 Prelim loss to Hawthorn, the 1988 Elim and Prelim wins against Weagles and Blues and the 2002 loss to Adelaide

The Herald Sun has already done the Top 20 of the best 33 years for every Vic team.

My point being those two sides m would have 15 blokes who are stiff to miss out. We are scratching our heads going geeez ummmm I dunno Junior MAC was stiff.

On the list itself, I was born in 86 I went with the family a little bit during 95-96-97 but 98 was our first year as members and when we started going regularly and at 12 it’s my first real vivid memories of footy and having an understating of what is going on.

I missed the best of Lyon, Stynes, Ox

My old man always says that 94 side was stacked with talent. You had jimmy at the top of his peak, Lyon and Ox in his peak. Stinga was fit, the lovetts. I’m not sure what the missing piece was but we’ve always seemed to hit our peak against powerhouse sides in powerhouses years

On what could of been, the Ox no injuries would of been our best. Who knows with Jacko even if he didn’t have a bad back would of he copped with a developing modern game.

For mine hands down shoulders above everyone else is Neita. Underrated by the afl public, All Aus at both ends, record games, Coleman medal, captain. And one destroyed luke McCabe collarbone.

On the list itself, I was born in 86 I went with the family a little bit during 95-96-97 but 98 was our first year as members and when we started going regularly and at 12 it’s my first real vivid memories of footy and having an understating of what is going on.

I missed the best of Lyon, Stynes, Ox

My old man always says that 94 side was stacked with talent. You had jimmy at the top of his peak, Lyon and Ox in his peak. Stinga was fit, the lovetts. I’m not sure what the missing piece was but we’ve always seemed to hit our peak against powerhouse sides in powerhouses years

On what could of been, the Ox no injuries would of been our best. Who knows with Jacko even if he didn’t have a bad back would of he copped with a developing modern game.

For mine hands down shoulders above everyone else is Neita. Underrated by the afl public, All Aus at both ends, record games, Coleman medal, captain. And one destroyed luke McCabe collarbone.
94 team had the craziest amount of key position talent and good mids. Lots of injury prone guys and the depth wasn't there outside of the big man stocks. Also the Eagles were a roided up super team.

Mmm in my living memory we haven’t played many super memorable games. Most watchable games of footy I’ve seen involving the Dees would be our win v WCE in 2017 (v entertaining footy by two sides who played two different styles v well), R23 v GWS in 2018 (not close but one of the most dominant midfield performances I’ve seen against another v good midfield) and maybe our two games v Collingwood in 2010. Wouldn’t even make the top 100 of the century. Not sure what the 90s and 2000 produced.

2000-2006 really sums up our recent history. Went from being a decent but not outstanding grand finalist to being shithouse to being more dynamic in 2002 without threatening to being shithouse again to being quasi-dominant in 2004 before derailed by injuries to being middling with potential in 2005 and 2006 and then bottoming our for a decade. Get the sense that 2018 onwards could be v similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back