General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 of our first 5 games at home seems strange

4 of our first 5 games are on a late afternoon on on a Sunday, that feels normal

Carlton vs Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, 4:35pm Sat 13/6
Essendon vs Melbourne, MCG, 3:35pm Sun 21/6
Melbourne vs Geelong Cats, MCG, 3:35pm Sun 28/6
Sydney Swans vs Melbourne, SCG, 3:35pm Sun 5/7

Need to win at least 3 of those..

Coronavirus hasn't changed anything. 3 Sunday arvo games lol.

Agree with 3 as a benchmark, but if we only get 2 Goodwin has to be seriously looked at then
with 18 months left on his contract?

There is zero ******* chance he gets sacked this year especially with clubs having to pull in the financial reign because of the coronavirus

with 18 months left on his contract?

There is zero ******* chance he gets sacked this year especially with clubs having to pull in the financial reign because of the coronavirus
So if a coach is under performing his job is secure in these times, dunno many buisnesses that run that way. Financially its a massive hit but i hope i am wrong and he gets his act together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if a coach is under performing his job is secure in these times, dunno many buisnesses that run that way. Financially its a massive hit but i hope i am wrong and he gets his act together
Do you think the AFL is going to tick off a club paying $500k min to terminate a coach 18 months out from the expiry of their contract in these times?

Cannot for the life of me see it happening

Do you think the AFL is going to tick off a club paying $500k min to terminate a coach 18 months out from the expiry of their contract in these times?

Cannot for the life of me see it happening
yep, we'd be even more of a laughing stock, esp when it comes to asking for future assistance

Ok then, so we hold on to goodwin and hope he can turn things around

I do understand this, accepting it is the hard part.

Hardwick was shithouse for the better part of a decade before winning a flag so who knows.

Bucks was the same until the past 2-3 seasons. Can change very quickly depending on injuries, development, form etc.

Also people tend to get better at the job they're in with time and experience.

Last edited:
Also people tend to get better at the job they're in with time and experience.
He’d want to start shortly, it’s his 6th year at the club, 4th in the top job after being baby sat for 2 years and his win loss record is below 50%, he has been nothing short of putrid for the vast majority of his tenure

He’d want to start shortly, it’s his 6th year at the club, 4th in the top job after being baby sat for 2 years and his win loss record is below 50%, he has been nothing short of putrid for the vast majority of his tenure
With the shape of the list after Roos left and us trending upwards, it's a fairly damning stat that he's well below 50% and we've played finals once. With the draw we 'had', this new fixture has definitely hurt him/us as now we don't have such a soft draw. I don't think you can judge any coach on this year, so I think we'll have to wait until the end of next year to see if we stick fat with Goody or not. My guess is not, but what do I know.

Mark Neeld was putrid. Goodwin has been ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back