Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

space_cowboy

All Australian
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate, if Viney had a choice he would play footy every single fu**en day of the year

He's a nutcase
No doubt. And he might be grateful to get a chance at having a normal routine for a few weeks... those first eight weeks are a headf**k.

But kids change everything. Who knows where he's at or how he feels about it. There is no normal for him any more... poor bastard.

That isn't really my point

The point is we thought we had players to step up and fill the void, which we clearly didn't in hindsight.

By moving out a KPF to replace with him with a KPD was going better enhance our team, but it didn't at all. Now people are floating the idea of doing the same again but this time with Oliver.

Can you see my reluctance?

People fretting over nothing really. One bad expierence gives them post traumatic stress disorder which I fully get as Melbourne fan. They now equate trading star players with terrible results.

You poor darlings, :(

nacnud

motw
Dec 3, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Which 22-year old AA player would you trade him for?
I wouldn’t trade him out for anyone tbh, he's one of our best players. You don’t trade out your core drafted players (our players in the 22-25 age bracket) as that could hurt the team in terms of long-term cohesion, relationships etc.

But then again who knows?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t trade him out for anyone tbh. You don’t trade out your core drafted players (our players in the 22-25 age bracket) as that could hurt the team in the in terms of long-term cohesion, relationships etc.

But then again who knows?

This is far more sensible than just saying he's my favourite player so I don't want to see him go, or being stupid enough to believe there are only actually 4 players in the league youd trade him for. Only a massive homer would believe such a thing.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
******* arseholes sucking me in with Stephen Tingay and a sexy 90s demons jumper. I'll probably end up donating now. :(

Wonder if for the $250 they let you have 'sack goodwin' or 'another 250 wasted'. I've already got 1 but going to get my daughter 1 with her name as well. campaigners should bring back that logo

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty annoying to see what Dan Butler is doing for the Saints, as I recall quite a few of us were really keen on him during trade week. Pick 56 or something was all he cost them.
Yeah, I was really bummed that we didn't jump at Butler. Seemed like a classic case of a very good player who just got squeezed out of a very good team. But do we ever do well with importing players?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Screenshot_20200701-184735.png
Screenshot_20200701-184756.png
Screenshot_20200701-184836.png

Attachments