General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason we are sh*t has zero to do with trading Hogan.

Teams figured out our midfield and how to game plan against us, we are that badly coached that we are still trying to counter that one and half years later.

You could have Jonathan Brown in our forward line and it wouldn't matter right now.
It's a number of reasons. Our midfield and lack of variety or class is a huge issue. But i do think the club majorly f*cked up by replacing a young tall forward with good currency, with an aging tall defender. It's left our forwardline horribly exposed. TMac and Weid just aren't anywhere near what the club expected. One of the King brothers wouldn't solve all our issues right now, but it would solve one. I'd be more confident we could have landed a decent tall back for a much cheaper cost than May that would have done just as good a job up until this point. Hell, maybe even Weid could've filled that role? Much harder to find a gun tall forward.

There’s no way we can afford to sack Goodwin. After all the 2020 s**t, a club like the Dees won’t have that leverage.

Has anyone else here heard the whispers about PETRACCA? Apparently wants out at the end of the year. Worrying but not surprising.

Considering he’s taken 4 years to see some hints of consistency, we’d no doubt lose on this trade. I believe his contract is up at the end of the year. career wise, he’d be mad mad not to explore a legitimate team/threat.

On that, how are we sitting cap wise?

There’s no way we can afford to sack Goodwin. After all the 2020 sh*t, a club like the Dees won’t have that leverage.

Has anyone else here heard the whispers about PETRACCA? Apparently wants out at the end of the year. Worrying but not surprising.

Considering he’s taken 4 years to see some hints of consistency, we’d no doubt lose on this trade. I believe his contract is up at the end of the year. career wise, he’d be mad mad not to explore a legitimate team/threat.

On that, how are we sitting cap wise?
Nah that's just Facebook crap he ain't going anywhere

It's a number of reasons. Our midfield and lack of variety or class is a huge issue. But i do think the club majorly f*cked up by replacing a young tall forward with good currency, with an aging tall defender. It's left our forwardline horribly exposed. TMac and Weid just aren't anywhere near what the club expected. One of the King brothers wouldn't solve all our issues right now, but it would solve one. I'd be more confident we could have landed a decent tall back for a much cheaper cost than May that would have done just as good a job up until this point. Hell, maybe even Weid could've filled that role? Much harder to find a gun tall forward.

Re your last point, Jordan Roughead cost the Pies absolutely * all in term of draft picks and salary and has arguably been better (if not equal) to May’s output since crossing from the Dogs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How ******* stupid are people?
I keep hearing 5 games in 32 days is this big scary prospect...

If you play on 1st, 8th,15th, 22nd and 29th you've played 5 times in 29 days and that's just playing a regular normal every Sunday...

Re your last point, Jordan Roughead cost the Pies absolutely fu** all in term of draft picks and salary and has arguably been better (if not equal) to May’s output since crossing from the Dogs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
100%! You don't go wasting 3 first round picks and a bunch of salary cap on backman!!! You just don't. Look at nearly every team in the comp and their backlines have blokes who cost f*** all. We have possibly the most expensive backline in the comp, and look where we are. We totally f***ed up on the recruitment of May. OMac/Frost and Lever(cost us 2 first rounders and a bunch of $$$) was sufficient. Could have put TMac back, we had Petty. We didn't need May. We should have a King brother on this list. Totally ballsed this up. Amateur hour..

We have now won 6 of our last 27 (to put that into perspective, Neeld was sacked after 5 out of 33). Breaking it down further it’s 3 out of 18 and 1 from our last 11. Goodwin will eventually cop it in the neck for that but those numbers belie an enormous collective failure for which everyone from the administration to the match committee to the playing group need to be held to account.

The only side presently in the league worse than us is Adelaide, maybe Freo at a pinch but even then I wouldn’t be confident against them. The arse has fallen out of this club and once again a fetid culture has taken hold. The only people that seem to care about it are the fans and it will see them walking in droves because football is meant to be enjoyable on some level - the MFC represents the most joyless club in the league.

You are just taking the piss now, teams number 1 defender went to Hogan not McDonald
McDonald played closest to goal while Hogan often hit the wings and even played on ball. I don't remember Rance and Talia following Hogan into the centre bounce

Brereton, King and G Lyon are all spot on in their criticisms of us. It’s good to see some media scrutiny being applied. To summarise:

Brereton: Not enough consistent effort over four quarters. Plenty of players happy with being league footballers. Midfielders happy to win the ball but do they work as hard going back the other way? Instead of resting Gawn on the bench, why not throw him forward when Nankervis went off?

King: Oliver’s stats are junk. Needs more balance in his game doesn’t hit the scoreboard enough. Many skill errors not AFL standard.

Brereton & King: they have the list that they want, there should be no excuse for the way they have performed for more than a year. Fans are apoplectic.

Lyon: too many butcherers in the team. Singled out Langdon and Hunt in particular. Fans are furious. The tempo they are trying to play makes little sense given the skill level of the team.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know anything about the 9 players that opted out of the Sydney hub? Maybe I'm a bit behind but I'm only just hearing about it.

Did 9 players opt out or we aren’t taking 9 players who wouldn’t be deemed in contention for selection

The only side presently in the league worse than us is Adelaide, maybe Freo at a pinch but even then I wouldn’t be confident against them. The arse has fallen out of this club and once again a fetid culture has taken hold. The only people that seem to care about it are the fans and it will see them walking in droves because football is meant to be enjoyable on some level - the MFC represents the most joyless club in the league.
I saw a bloke down wearing a Demons beanie at the supermarket an hour ago. I said to him as I walked by, "Geez, you're loyal". He said back, "They're really testing me!". Sad state of affairs.

Tactically garbage and I think Goody should go, but he isn't the only problem.

Maybe you could argue the list management team are drafting to the needs of the coach, but we've been bent over trading for players that aren't worth nearly what we paid. We've missed some elite talent in the draft with those picks.

How many players have made significant improvements in the last few years? What do our line and development coaches actually bring to the table? Most of the footy department should be under the microscope not just Goody.

Apparently our hub is 100 km away from where we are training.

100km round trip I thought, so 50kms away. Still s**t, but no different to travelling to Casey fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back