General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club is asking for money not to survive, but to remove the need of requiring a loan from the AFL and avoid the AFL scrutiny that comes with it.

Massive game for us this weekend, looking at some of the other games;

Essendon beat Dogs (3 wins)
Brisbane beat Giants (3 wins)
Port beat carlton (3 wins)
If dockers beat Ealges both sides on 3 wins

If crows and Swans pull of upsets then there could be a chance 7th to 17th could all be on 3 wins

Lots of ifs and buts, regardless of other results we HAVE to win this week.

Im not old enough to tell you how good Rob Flower was to watch play but Stephen Tingay will always be my number 1 wingman for Melbourne, shame he became injury prone like a lot of other players we had around that time. Never seen a harder wingman than Tingay. Was a ******* magnificent kick on the run too.

We've really struggled to find another one ever since. Hopefully Langdon can keep up the same form as last night.
Pity his Mrs pushed him through a glass window

That severed a muscle in his glute and he had back problems from there on and never got back to peak 94

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

That severed a muscle in his glute and he had back problems from there on and never got back to peak 94

I can't remember hearing bout that, * me.

Im not old enough to tell you how good Rob Flower was to watch play but Stephen Tingay will always be my number 1 wingman for Melbourne, shame he became injury prone like a lot of other players we had around that time. Never seen a harder wingman than Tingay. Was a ******* magnificent kick on the run too.

We've really struggled to find another one ever since. Hopefully Langdon can keep up the same form as last night.
Tingay was great and baring his s**t injury could have got better, but no one has ever been in Robbie’s league.

94 was the most talented team the club has put on the field in my lifetime, and literally disintegrated in a 12 month period for a number of reasons, still shake my head thinking about it.

Tingay was great and baring his sh*t injury could have got better, but no one has ever been in Robbie’s league.

I'm not doubting you for second, was just meaning the best winger I've seen with my own eyes.

94 was the most talented team the club has put on the field in my lifetime, and literally disintegrated in a 12 month period for a number of reasons, still shake my head thinking about it.

Demon Attack 94 and Hotter than Hell, the greatest club videos of all time. 👍

That means 6 out of 8 scheduled games are on Sundays

I suppose we deserve it after last season
Gold Coast v Bulldogs on a Thursday night though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordy talking about Clarko not having the energy to do a rebuild.

Robbo talking about Clarko under pressure. 😂😂😂😂

Yea go on, listen to Robbo , get rid of him Hawks. I know a club who'd take him.

Demon Attack 94 and Hotter than Hell, the greatest club videos of all time. 👍

Still have Hotter Than Hell on VHS, not been watched for about 15 years, tape would probably melt if gave it a run in the old Akai.

AFL obviously wanting to hide us a way for a bit with the fixturing, even though we have more games to make up than 16 other teams so should be earlier in the round to give us recovery time. 4 day break here we come :rolleyes:

I was 8 in 1994, so remember us being a decent side but cant recall details about specific players but do remember Jako and Ox being the next big things.

A couple of years ago over a summer i re watched hotter than hell, stinga had a great back half to 1998.

Round 8 @ Metricon v Brisbane

Sunday night ffs

Our home game? Are we being moved to hub on the Gold Coast? No games in Sydney on Sunday.

Our home game? Are we being moved to hub on the Gold Coast? No games in Sydney on Sunday.
I would assume that the AFL are getting ready for NSW to lock down and would be aiming on moving these teams out of there into new hubs

I would assume that the AFL are getting ready for NSW to lock down and would be aiming on moving these teams out of there into new hubs

True. NSW looks pretty ****ed. Took ages to close the border and a tonne of people not taking it seriously.

Yeah dunno how I feel about the media piling on Clarko... the attention didn't hurt us last week.

Hopefully Ross Lyon decides to coach someone else on his TV slot this week.
Unfortunately he probably doesn't need the media to point out the blatantly obvious and can work things out himself.

I agree, 1994 shades 1998 for mine. It was some of the most exciting and frustrating footy. We would have ball-tearing performances and then go missing for 5 rounds at a time. We could beat anyone but could also get rolled by teams like the then-hapless Sydney Swans. A star midfielder above Tingay’s level and a key back the level of someone like Mick Martyn might’ve seen us lift the cup. However, the biggest factor was probably attitude. The more things change. The team was decimated by 1996; Lyon, Schwarz, Tingay, G Lovett on the injury list. Dyson, Jakovich, Pike and Lovell had all left the club. Todd Viney took a sabbatical to coach Philipousis and the likes of Prymke, Obst and Charles had either left or disappeared onto the injury list. Basically the team was stickytaped together by Stynes, Neitz, the Febeys the odd half decent recycled recruit like Seecamp/Shaun Smith and a host of kids/players who were not up to it. A hell of a drop off.

I was 8 in 1994, so remember us being a decent side but cant recall details about specific players but do remember Jako and Ox being the next big things.

A couple of years ago over a summer i re watched hotter than hell, stinga had a great back half to 1998.

Jako was out injured for a lot of 94' ..the forward line of Lyon, Ox, Martin Pike and Sean Charles was good enough tho. 👍

Farmer's mark over Mick Martyn in the 98 prelim on of the most underrated grabs of all time, everyone talks about his speciky in round 22(?) over Lyon but not enough people remember how good the one over Mick was. I like watching Hotter than Hell just for that sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back