Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a kid I remember barracking for Adelaide because I wanted revenge on North for knocking us out. But as an adult I look at that GF and just get pissed off. Game should have been over at half time 6.15 to 4.3.

Adelaide finished 5th and got a double chance. baffling finals series.

I know , weird finals set up back then. Lowest 2 losing seeds eliminated.

I won some good money on Adelaide in that grand final. Picked the exact margin of 35 points. 🤗

I know , weird finals set up back then. Lowest 2 losing seeds eliminated.

I won some good money on Adelaide in that grand final. Picked the exact margin of 35 points. 🤗

So if 8-5 somehow won 3rd and 4th would drop out? That's hilarious!

Nah just thinking more 2000 on. 2000 we had no chance, I guess 98 was the year, very different team in 2002 which was probably when we should have contended again.

I don't disagree with this. Very unlucky in 2000. We were easily the second best team in it, most years that's good enough to give you a chance, but we had none.

I don't disagree with this. Very unlucky in 2000. We were easily the second best team in it, most years that's good enough to give you a chance, but we had none.
I think our main issue was our list probably had 2 peaks

One era with Ox, Farmer, Ingerson, Tingay, Lyon etc in that 95-99 and then the peak of Yze, Robbo, Woey, White etc not enough together in their prime. We basically had two different teams. The real premiership sides have the same core for 10 years. Ours were two different sides that crossed over around 2000

There were a few players who Daniher never really got the most out of (TJ) probably the best example. An elite TJ in 2004 or 2006 and we probably go a bit deeper in finals at least
Yeah see Malthouse and Worsfold ( to an extent) had success letting the boys be boys after hours. Main difference was at the pies and eagles they worked their **** off when they had to. Seemed like alot of our blokes were happy with paychecks

As a kid I remember barracking for Adelaide because I wanted revenge on North for knocking us out. But as an adult I look at that GF and just get pissed off. Game should have been over at half time 6.15 to 4.3.

Adelaide finished 5th and got a double chance. baffling finals series.
We got absolutely raped by that finals system, essentially getting punished by beating Adelaide. We pumped the saints but they rolled Sydney so got the better run. We had to play North on a Friday night on a 6 day break. Credit to Adelaide for rolling Sydney up at the scg in horrendous conditions blight had them playing the conditions perfectly. I reckon the Bulldogs were scarred from the year before and got absolutely thumped was very strange.

On 97 Geelong finished second and lost to North and then had to travel away to play the lower ranked Adelaide and then lost in controversial circumstances. Leigh colbert took a screamer and it wasn't paid makes the non deliberate call look okay.

Here's the thing the rugby league had our current finals system and changed to the s**t version before realising about 10 years later it stinks.

Yeah see Malthouse and Worsfold ( to an extent) had success letting the boys be boys after hours. Main difference was at the pies and eagles they worked their **** off when they had to. Seemed like alot of our blokes were happy with paychecks
We had Rocky 1 level facilities which wouldn't have helped either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were a few players who Daniher never really got the most out of (TJ) probably the best example. An elite TJ in 2004 or 2006 and we probably go a bit deeper in finals at least
TJ was a glass BBQ full type operator unfortunately for us... hell of a talent. Too bad never really got the absolute best out of him as a player.

TJ was a glass BBQ full type operator unfortunately for us... hell of a talent. Too bad never really got the absolute best out of him as a player.
Genuine line breaking midfielder. As much talent as most.

So I was talking with a mate about fans who jump off a bridge after every Dees loss. You know the kind. The sky is falling, ZOMG we’ll be out of the top 4 within two rounds!!

As he has a longer history with the Dees than I, he took great pains to explain the depths of some peoples MFCSS. So I’ve realized I need to be a bit more sympathetic about these types of meltdowns after poor results. And while my mate was a bit nicer about it than I would have been, he did have a few words to to that effect that I’m sharing below.

As we head into a game we are favored to win by 5-6 goals, his words are worth remembering. I hope they’ll be an encouragement to those who need it, should we be unfortunate enough to drop this one.

Stay strong (and tough) demon nation 💪🏼

So I was talking with a mate about fans who jump off a bridge after every Dees loss. You know the kind. The sky is falling, ZOMG we’ll be out of the top 4 within two rounds!!

As he has a longer history with the Dees than I, he took great pains to explain the depths of some peoples MFCSS. So I’ve realized I need to be a bit more sympathetic about these types of meltdowns after poor results. And while my mate was a bit nicer about it than I would have been, he did have a few words to to that effect that I’m sharing below.

As we head into a game we are favored to win by 5-6 goals, his words are worth remembering. I hope they’ll be an encouragement to those who need it, should we be unfortunate enough to drop this one.

Haha that's ******* brilliant. Fair play mate 👍

I'll fight Tom McDonald if I have too, cmon Tugga ⛵

That's the best thing I've seen this year. The great TMac giving TK advice. Whenever you go off again I'm posting it. 😂

Last edited:

Nice work mate.

A mate of mine got Tommy to do one for me too in the offseason after the super ****ed up year I had. I assumed he was doing it for a bit of extra cash given it looked like his career was near its end but I guess not.

Heard he was a bongs and blowing money at the TAB kinda guy - but wouldn't put it past him. Loved his disheveled episode at Brissy.
Chelsea Heights TAB :thumbsu:

Was an all time talent, ******* destroyed half of my mates in juniors and probably was playing high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back