Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to lie, Sure the port game is in the day, but that's one game i prefer to not be in primetime or under lights

Because you can't see the scenary of the backdrop at ******* night, can't show how scenic it really is at night

I forogot he was such a controversial figure

After playing two matches early in 2008 he broke back into the side for eight consecutive games from Round 12 to Round 19, but just when it looked as if he had forged a permanent position in the team he was omitted for the last games of the year.

Johnson was involved in a heated confrontation with Dean Bailey when he told him that he was leaving the club. The coach was alleged to have yelled "I want you to tell all your teammates that you no longer want to play for the Melbourne Football Club!" at Johnson on the Junction Oval.

Interviews after the move showed that he was disappointed with his role within the side. Johnson said,

"I was playing the best footy of my career and I was getting emergency and emergency every week. I thought if you're not going to play me now in the position the club's at - being bottom of the ladder - I was thinking my chances aren't too great if I can't show what I've got.

"I was getting a bit nervous and Chris Connolly said the match committee weren't sold on me and Carlton offered me a really good opportunity.

Bailey countered by saying "There are no personal problems between myself and Chris, but we want players on our list who want to play for our jumper, and on this occasion Chris did not fit the bill".

Johnson's father also hit out at the club, claiming they had treated him as a scapegoat.

Carlton offered a very late draft pick as an exchange but the Demons stood firm and initially threatened to re-draft him with selection one in the pre-season draft - later used to select Liam Jurrah - but wiser heads prevailed and he was allowed to cross to the Blues for free.

Johnson played the first five rounds of the 2009 season in the Carlton seniors before being dropped. He returned towards the end of the year for ten matches in total. He played five games in 2010 before being delisted at the end of the season.

Not going to lie, Sure the port game is in the day, but that's one game i prefer to not be in primetime or under lights

Because you can't see the scenary of the backdrop at ******* night, can't show how scenic it really is at night
Would be a special place to break the record in ;)

Chris proved everyone wrong when he thrived (I joke, he didnt thrive at all) at Carlton.
I see where he was coming from though. Having a sook over a player who can't get selected seeking more opportunity is pathetic. If he stayed with us he probably doesn't last much longer anyway.

Michael Voss was pretty ruthless in the day, I remember him giving it to Collingwood in 03 grand final. This play after getting cleaned up by burns in 02 was great moment from these grand finals.

Got to give it up to Burns for trying to take it to Brissy physically in those granny's though, laid a massive hit on Brown at the opening bounce in 2003 also.

Got to give it up to Burns for trying to take it to Brissy physically in those granny's though, laid a massive hit on Brown at the opening bounce in 2003 also.

Imagine how spicy last year could have gotten if the coaches gave Viney licence to run through Bont at the opening bounce.

Imagine how spicy last year could have gotten if the coaches gave Viney licence to run through Bont at the opening bounce.

We'd have been trembling in fear with all the bulldogs heavy hitters seeking retribution.

Nobody bat an eyelid either just good hard footy. Don't think big Jono thought much of it either all part of being in the big dance. Probably thought I'll get him back if given an opportunity.

We'd have been trembling in fear with all the bulldogs heavy hitters seeking retribution.
Also if he did any real damage Viney might have gotten 6-8 weeks with the double suspensions they give in Grand Finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody bat an eyelid either just good hard footy. Don't think big Jono thought much of it either all part of being in the big dance. Probably thought I'll get him back if given an opportunity.

Watching those granny's back and its like they were played on a different planet when you compare it to today's football. Hits were massive but nobody ever thought much of them at the time, was standard grand final behaviour...Wakelin and Lynch throwing haymakers, Jonathan Brown belting Carr.

Also if he did any real damage Viney might have gotten 6-8 weeks with the double suspensions they give in Grand Finals.

Would have been 100% worth it to taste Bulldogs fans tears over it.

Actually in hindsight one thing I'm a little pissed off about is no one squared up with Cordy when he stood over Brown right before Petracca's second goal. I know we wiped the floor with them from that point on but he deserved the Steven May/Zak Jones treatment after that. Sparrow was right there and didn't even push him off.

Actually in hindsight one thing I'm a little pissed off about is no one squared up with Cordy when he stood over Brown right before Petracca's second goal. I know we wiped the floor with them from that point on but he deserved the Steven May/Zak Jones treatment after that. Sparrow was right there and didn't even push him off.

we got on too much of roll to end the quarter, then any square up was soon forgotten at the 3/4 time siren

we got on too much of roll to end the quarter, then any square up was soon forgotten at the 3/4 time siren
Yeah we were on fire and weren't even thinking about the Dogs at all. Even when it's happening you can see Sparrow isn't even processing it.

this bloke I used to work with around 1998 - 2002 with was an Essendon fan, most annoying campaigner ive ever come across, wouldnt shut up , always wanting to talk about Essendon, the type of guy where you'd be having smoko and a convo with another work mate about anything other than football and he'd sit down next to you and interrupt our convo asking us a question like "how good is Blake Caracella? " ....in the middle of summer.

He ended up falling off his motorbike without any leathers on and had to quit work coz his legs got completely ducked up, was the happiest day of my life.

Friends Tv GIF

Na, im not being as mean as I sound at the end, the ******** was riding unlicensed and going 100 in a 50 zone, little old lady backing out of her drive way hit him. Suck s**t campaigner.

Barely stood over him. Brown flopped around like a little bitch

Barely stood over him. Brown flopped around like a little bitch
Literally standing over the top of him with a hand on his back. Sparrow should have at least pushed Cordy off but his mind was elsewhere.

Literally standing over the top of him with a hand on his back. Sparrow should have at least pushed Cordy off but his mind was elsewhere.
Lol whoopty doo. Reckon I could hold you down with a single hand in your back? Brown was playing for 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back