Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They hadn't score yet. It's not a GF defining moment at all mate.
Depends what you consider to be a defining moment but I reckon if you asked most people what they remember about that game the first thing they go to is that smother.

Depends what you consider to be a defining moment but I reckon if you asked most people what they remember about that game the first thing they go to is that smother.
Did you read the original post? He called it a sliding doors moment for the GF and cost them a flag.
It didn't. The pies smashed them

the Collingwood St.Kilda drawn granny might be one of the most boring draw's ive ever seen. Horrible Granny with the only thing making it interesting was the scores being close
Kinda agree. Watching it live I thought it was epic, the tension (and history for the Saints) hooked me in. The last quarter was very good imo, but yeah watching now knowing the result takes away most of the excitement.

Kinda agree. Watching it live I thought it was epic, the tension (and history for the Saints) hooked me in. The last quarter was very good imo, but yeah watching now knowing the result takes away most of the excitement.

Although, you could use that game to practice your commentary. I tried it and I liked it. Though with Bruce and Dennis commentating it you didn't need too, and it made it way more palatable than if it was BT.

Kind of spewing Bruce and Dennis weren't commentators for our GF. Feel like we missed out there. I actually don't think BT and JB did a bad job, just always pictured Bruce and Dennis commentating when we finally won one.
yeah besides going a bit early on a Bont Norm Smith they weren't that bad. usually terrible though.

Bruce was so s**t by the end thank duck he was no where near it.

Dennis would have been good.
Dennis did Triple M perth, was his last ever. Think the call is up on youtube.

Dennis did Triple M perth was his last ever. Think the call is up on youtube.
coming home from our games and listening to him do the games in perth on the way home was great. he was starting to lose it a bit though last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dennis call on triple m perth and i've watched the game back with that commentary, is alright
Even better than the bloke calling with him is a made Dees supporter!

On St Kilda, 2009 they really could've won. They were 7.7 at half time, only one of them was rushed. Geelong were 7.1.

I remember the conditions, it was FREEZING and had been raining most of the day. If the Saints were 10.4 at half time it would've been a tough ask for the Cats to come back.

Even better than the bloke calling with him is a made Dees supporter!

On St Kilda, 2009 they really could've won. They were 7.7 at half time, only one of them was rushed. Geelong were 7.1.

I remember the conditions, it was FREEZING and had been raining most of the day. If the Saints were 10.4 at half time it would've been a tough ask for the Cats to come back.
I remember watching those GF's 09 and 10 with a bunch of Saints supporting mates. I honestly thought one of them was going to top himself after the 09 game! Never seen a bunch of supporters so gutted after a game. They were close enough. Cats were a great team but Saints fans knew that could be there biggest chance to finally see a flag.

I remember watching those GF's 09 and 10 with a bunch of Saints supporting mates. I honestly thought one of them was going to top himself after the 09 game! Never seen a bunch of supporters so gutted after a game. They were close enough. Cats were a great team but Saints fans knew that could be there biggest chance to finally see a flag.
Then 2010 comes along and they get even closer.

Yeah they were never in the game on that GF replay. 97 was another huge lost opportunity. I'm not sure I've seen a more clutch player in a GF as Jarman that year. Dusty of course has been clutch but boy that Jarman last quarter was outrageous. Not moving Shanahan was very costly. Had their chances the Saints
Jarman carried Adelaide to victory in the preliminary final as well, what a star. I think a lot of people were hoping for a Saints vs Bulldogs gf as one would have broken the drought but wasn't meant to be. I actually reckon the 97 preliminary final is one off my all time favourite games because of the drama. Saints actually started the 97 really poorly only winning 1 in the first 5 games then only losing 3 games for the rest of the year to Geelong, West Bulldogs and Adelaide. The Adelaide loss came in round 15 and Saints didn't lose again until the grand final. A nice game winning streak ended on a grand final, that's cruel.

I had a dream that we were playing the Bulldogs, and we were down by a goal or two with about 10 minutes left.

Steven May took a massive pack mark about 15 metres out from goal, but it was called a push in the back.

We lost by about four goals.

Thanks everybody for listening. 🤗

I had a dream that we were playing the Bulldogs, and we were down by a goal or two with about 10 minutes left.

Steven May took a massive pack mark about 15 metres out from goal, but it was called a push in the back.

We lost by about four goals.

Thanks everybody for listening. 🤗
The thought of losing to The Western™️ ever again makes me ill. Unless it’s in a QF before we get to play them again in a GF and belt them.

I had a dream that we played the Bulldogs and won by 10 goals

But Bevo protested to the AFL that losing would hurt Treloars mental health. So the AFL awarded them the game

True story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back