Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something wrong with this bloke. He's been at 3 clubs now. North have some of the worst skills in the league, he's really talented and a lovely kick and still can't get a game. Obviously difficult to coach and a player that clubs are keen to see the back of. Not keen at all.

I agree stedy. I don't really want polec at Mfc.

I'd prefer us go the the draft and find a kid who is close to playing early, for the wing spot, than going for a gypsy rover.

It seems there has been plenty of late, from early draft picks, who were AFL ready from the start. Let's skip straight to the draft with some picks. Wheelin and dealin, as we have lately, to get up to around p10 ish.

I have two kids I like, with view to our long term.
Chapman, CHB, nice kick apprently and has already got a tank. Why can't he play first years on a wing??? As his body grows. I see him as one to replace May as a tall back, for when May retires. In the meantime, play him on a wing.

Perkins, we need imo, a forward with some speed who can play as a small, and strong o-head. Skills to hurt, and creativity. Can apparently also go thru the Mids, and burst out with a touch of class. They're my two AFL wishes, for this year.

My 3rd wish would be for another hbflanker similarly, as we did with Rivers.

Its time Melbourne had the best running HBline around, in afl circles. Skills aplenty please.

Last edited:
Would love to know why Lockhart is in and out of the side, he's clearly better than both Hore and Smith from my POV.

I was wondering If it had something to do with trying to recruit Saad? It seems that as soon as Saad made his decision, that Viney fell into place, etc.
If we had have gotten Saad's signature, then we might have needed to trade back a small defender to clinch the deal?
He would have also impacted our salary cap.
Hence Viney's timing?

I hope we drop off the polec thing, and leave it well alone. Unless its part of a tmc swap.

Last edited:
Another ‘why wasn’t Weideman playing’ article on the AFL website FFS. He was a skinny 22yo KPF who wasn’t ready, that’s why. Been plenty of those, they don’t need to break it down into every single thing he was doing at training to make it seem like they’re unpacking some great mystery about how he’s matured and started to look decent. I feel like his run of form in 2018 actually did him more harm than good in 2019. Got lucky, hit some form, played above his age and size. Can’t be in that kind of touch all the time, so if your skill set and maturity isn’t there you will be inconsistent.

I sense Goodwin has been making players really earn their places back this year, once they have been overlooked.

I do not think the footy dep't had eyes for the Cup this season; but were full on into developing, and list cull management. Most fringe players got quite a go later in the season. IMV to thoroughly sort who would stay, and who is chopped.

As for the line coaches meh, no one actually knows if they are any good or not
Hard to tell if they're following Goodwin's instructions or not, but I'd be happy to turf anyone from the forward or mid group whose been there for the last two or three years.

Hard to tell if they're following Goodwin's instructions or not, but I'd be happy to turf anyone from the forward or mid group whose been there for the last two or three years.
Exactly, I have long been of the opinion that your head coach is relationships based and a good game day coach. The assistants should be thinking more tactically with the head coach a smaller part and just giving the final tick off. Clarkson was on AFL 360 the other night with fagan. He said that the assistant coaches were the key to their success and it's no surprise. Fagan, Hardwick, Beveridge, Rattan, Cameron. Who do we have? Obviously our forward and mid coaches aren't doing very well. Sometimes some small personel changes can be the key to success.

Actually so good. Don't even care about the fact it's oooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeee. I just care that he is a highly regarded assistant coach who worked under Clarkson in the flags. Very good day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fish rots at the head, it’s a welcome move but if Goodwin is unable to take advice on board and greatly improve there as nothing Yze can do as evidenced by Jennings and McCartney.

Hopefully he gets in Frosts ears about a return
Excactly, get in his ear poach a couple of hawthorn players and coaches. Then offer the 5 year 1 mil plus per year deal and lure the favourite son back.

Without knowing much about what Yze does it feels good. Clearly has lots of experience and sometimes having someone who truly cares about the club has to be good for the culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back