Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 14 saints sat night (Alice Springs)
Round 15 Sydney Thursday arvo twilight (cairns)
Round 16 Fremantle Monday night (Cairns)
Round 17 GWS sat night (Gabba )

Round 18 finish the year vs Essendon

It's brutal in comparison to other teams over that period, but it's probably as good as we could have hoped for under those circumstances.

Fixture analysis

Round (opponent)Days since last gameTravelAdvantage?Fanview
14 (St Kilda)7 (6)QLD>NT (QLD>NT)MEL - Extra day breakExcellent watching conditions (Night, should be FTA)
15 (Sydney)5 (5)NT>FNQ (SA>FNQ)Even - Sydney have a an earlier rd14 game but out flight is shorterOrdinary. 4:40pm start means most of the game will be lost to fatherly duties like feeding, bathing and generally looking after little humans
16 (Freo)4 (5)Nil (QLD>FNQ)FREO - Extra day and only a short commute gives the advantage to the purple hazeMon 7:10pm - Very good
17 (GWS)5 (4)FNQ>QLD (SA>QLD)MEL - Travel and break advantage to us. No excusesAnother prime time Sat night - Excellent
18 (Ess)TBCTBCTBCTBC

Purely from an opposition fairness point of view I think this is pretty good. Even where Freo has the break advantage we will have the benefit of playing a game in Cairns the week prior which could be really important for adjusting to conditions.
Our fate is in our hands - which really ******* scares me...

Jared Polec been dropped by North again, wouldn't mind him on a wing opposite Langdon if we could get him for pick 30-40ish.

Something wrong with this bloke. He's been at 3 clubs now. North have some of the worst skills in the league, he's really talented and a lovely kick and still can't get a game. Obviously difficult to coach and a player that clubs are keen to see the back of. Not keen at all.

Who are the players from other clubs we hope we are speaking to for next year? keen to hear where people think our biggest deficiencies are and who would be the key targets to fix them?

Jared Polec been dropped by North again, wouldn't mind him on a wing opposite Langdon if we could get him for pick 30-40ish.

Contract is the issue, Norf gave him a behemoth IIRC , like 800k a year 4 years huge.

Looking at the ladder I reckon only two teams in the eight are vulnerable Collingwood and GWS. Outside the eight it's Essendon, Melbourne and bulldogs that I think can make it, both have tough draws and we play both so fate really is in our own hands.

Who are the players from other clubs we hope we are speaking to for next year? keen to hear where people think our biggest deficiencies are and who would be the key targets to fix them?
Let's start with anyone that has a brother or family connection to the club and then move on to those that supported Melbourne when they were kids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the ladder I reckon only two teams in the eight are vulnerable Collingwood and GWS. Outside the eight it's Essendon, Melbourne and bulldogs that I think can make it, both have tough draws and we play both so fate really is in our own hands.
And St Kilda

I reckon they will miss tbh

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Saints on 7 wins and games against Essendon, Hawthorn and gws they'll win those teams probably us if we stick with our current squad. Plus I don't think there's many teams ourside the eight that will come in.
They lost to North, Freo and barely beat Gold Coast.

All their remaining games are losable.

Games against top 8 teams.

Win against Port by 29, was a good win by have to give them that.

Win against Richmond by 26, Richmond was in a hole at this stage.

Loss to Geelong by 59, the were woeful in this.

loss to Collingwood by 44, game was over at half time.

Told you all TK was an Instagram thot. It's appears May has some completion all of a sudden.

Was pretty good tho, I have to admit. 😂

They lost to North, Freo and barely beat Gold Coast.

All their remaining games are losable.

Games against top 8 teams.

Win against Port by 29, was a good win by have to give them that.

Win against Richmond by 26, Richmond was in a hole at this stage.

Loss to Geelong by 59, the were woeful in this.

loss to Collingwood by 44, game was over at half time.
Look I agree that saints form is questionable. They have had some very exciting wins but have also had some terrible losses. The way they lose as well is concerning, once teams shut down their run a defend well they look hopeless. The freo game they had a 6 goal lead and then didn't look like scoring until the last 5 minutes, the North game as well and the Geelong game was basically start to finish inability to score. Despite all that they still have managed 7 wins so I think they'll br able to scrape enough wins unless they do a Melbourne 2017.

With Melbourne we still need to win 5 of the last 7 I'm optimistic we can do it but there's less room for error.

Another ‘why wasn’t Weideman playing’ article on the AFL website FFS. He was a skinny 22yo KPF who wasn’t ready, that’s why. Been plenty of those, they don’t need to break it down into every single thing he was doing at training to make it seem like they’re unpacking some great mystery about how he’s matured and started to look decent. I feel like his run of form in 2018 actually did him more harm than good in 2019. Got lucky, hit some form, played above his age and size. Can’t be in that kind of touch all the time, so if your skill set and maturity isn’t there you will be inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back