00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Favourite Bernie moment was when we were garbage and had to play Adelaide over in Adelaide when they were quite good.

He went straight to Dangerfield and scragged him all day in front of a hostile crowd. We lost but played really well given the gulf in talent between the two teams. Made me proud to be a Melbourne supporter after 10~ years of being a joke.

I was at that game.

During the game I couldn't work out why Vince was getting boo'ed so hard (mind you my mate and I had knocked back a lot of beers). It wasn't until later that night watching the highlights we worked out why the crowd was so hostile towards him

My main memory from that game was Watts shirking a marking contest in the middle of the ground and Taylor Walker absolutely giving it to him

Dark Avenger

Club Legend
May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Favourite Bernie moment was when we were garbage and had to play Adelaide over in Adelaide when they were quite good.

He went straight to Dangerfield and scragged him all day in front of a hostile crowd. We lost but played really well given the gulf in talent between the two teams. Made me proud to be a Melbourne supporter after 10~ years of being a joke.

I remember Danger sooking to the umpires all day.

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

The other great thing about Bernies game that day was him winning a great clearance and kicking in the wrong direction. Hilarious stuff. I loved it

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I was at that game.

During the game I couldn't work out why Vince was getting boo'ed so hard (mind you my mate and I had knocked back a lot of beers). It wasn't until later that night watching the highlights we worked out why the crowd was so hostile towards him

My main memory from that game was Watts shirking a marking contest in the middle of the ground and Taylor Walker absolutely giving it to him
It's great cause even 5 years ago I remember thinking he'd get pinged for it because that games soft.

Imagine how much sh*t he'd cop now for the same game

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He could have been anything Bernie, certainly wasn’t lacking the talent. One of those ones where I’d take one year of Bernie over Matt Crouch’s entire career any day

Remove this Banner Ad