Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't know where to put this but enjoy! And good luck this weekend!

Around the 14 minute mark they are talking about when will Ben Brown return, Petracca drops a Dave Mission 4-6

Around the 14 minute mark they are talking about when will Ben Brown return, Petracca drops a Dave Mission 4-6
Fwiw listed as 3-5 in the injury report. Surprisingly Weid was 2-3

On the club podcast Weid reckons he will be playing VFL in 2 weeks time and Brown a week or two after that.
Yeah, Weid doing some main group drills this week, half a game next week, full game VFL Rd1 the week after, so presumably Brown is a week behind.

Depending on how much match fitness they want into them, Weid should be up for selection Rd 6 - Anzac Eve, Brown the week after against North, which is a nice little coincidence really

Caroline Wilson reporting on footy classifieds that Darren Burgess will be at the Adelaide Crows next year, apparently a deal already done. Will be a big loss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caroline Wilson reporting on footy classifieds that Darren Burgess will be at the Adelaide Crows next year, apparently a deal already done. Will be a big loss
If he wants to leave the premiers for the spooners that’s on him

Yep a big loss. However his 2IC is highly rated. Selwyn Griffith from lions. Very highly rated. I got the feeling Burgess would go after this year.
Probably good timing based on our experience at Port.

He got the best results in the first 2 years and after that the players seemed over cooked.

He did establish a very good culture underneath him though which meant that when he left our fitness department seemed to keep going from strength to strength, to the point it is now being talked about (and the stats back it up) as AFL best.

Hopefully he has done the same for you guys.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep a big loss. However his 2IC is highly rated. Selwyn Griffith from lions. Very highly rated. I got the feeling Burgess would go after this year.

Im sure we can deal with it. Bloke underneath him has his program now so can't be difficult to replicate it.

Im sure we can deal with it. Bloke underneath him has his program now so can't be difficult to replicate it.
Agree, but do the players get complacent without a hard task master in Burgo? Would be big shoes to fill and the approach the players take is probably determined by where we stand at the end of the year.

Hell, I'm not seeing the smouldering ruins of club facilities, with cheeseburger wrappers and overweight players standing around at the clubs he's left in the past.

Im sure we'll be fine moving forward. If the players somehow get complacent without him there to hold their hand, they have no business being professional sports people.

Ben Brown back to full training next week and is a chance at playing VFL next weekend

Hi all,

Sorry, probably answered 100 times, but my barcode isn’t working on ticketek.

Any tips on what I’m doing wrong?

Could depend on your membership type. Mine didn't work for the Saints game being an MCC/MFC joined membership. Ended up buying GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back