Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what neeldy boy is doing these days? I'd imagine him yelling at preppies telling them they're overrated.
Probably scowling at a photo of Jack Watts

Knowing that we lose the granny would you take it? Or would you rather leave it

Reckon losing in a close one would drive a team way harder. In recent years it's when teams get smashed that they fall off a cliff.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
I live in Richmond so if we lost to the Tigers in a grand final I don't think I could bare to go outside for a few months.

That said, I'd absolutely love to just make a grand final. the whole week leading up to it and the build up would be something else, was 11 in 2000 so wasn't quite the same.

I live in Richmond so if we lost to the Tigers in a grand final I don't think I could bare to go outside for a few months.

That said, I'd absolutely love to just make a grand final. the whole week leading up to it and the build up would be something else, was 11 in 2000 so wasn't quite the same.
If we win a flag I intend to go missing for at least six months.

2000s build up wasnt as good as I'd have imagined. Mainly coz I gave us no chance despite us playing some exciting footy going into it. The anticipation levels just weren't there for me. :(

So MFC to run into one of the most dominant teams of all time in a grand final. 😂

In random battles:

I have been to 3 interstate games.
We have won all three.
Colleague at work is a Dees supporter, has been to numerous games and never seen a win.

We are both going on Sunday.
Draw confirmed

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Was watching some GC highlights of May the other night and it's unbelievable how much fitter he is right now. Never thought of him as fat back then, but compared to now he looks it. Big kudos to him.

When i went to round 1, in the casual warm ups no players went anywhere near the fence. We got some thumbs up, but players aren't coming to the fence for photos or signitures prematch. Post match everyone can tell you is a no go as well

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
When i went to round 1, in the casual warm ups no players went anywhere near the fence. We got some thumbs up, but players aren't coming to the fence for photos or signitures prematch. Post match everyone can tell you is a no go as well
Yeah they are being super cautious. I’m going to a sponsor event in about a week to meet my player, and it’s all a v big deal with the club negotiating with AFL what level of interaction will be permitted. We’ll probably stand 30 feet apart in masks in Yarra park using semaphore

Would take it. We’ve been so awful so long that even a losing GF would be a great ride.
But we lost a prelim three years ago?

If I knew we would make a GF but not win it, I wouldn't watch the rest of the season. Daring to dream is kinda the point.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
But we lost a prelim three years ago?

If I knew we would make a GF but not win it, I wouldn't watch the rest of the season. Daring to dream is kinda the point.

One prelim in 20-odd horrendous years means I’d definitely take the ride to a GF even if we lost as opposed to what we serve up most years.

Of course I’d hope we’d be in a position to contend again and again and again from there and hopefully snag a flag.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As someone who watches replays of games during the week correct to which teams home game it is with the fixture, next couple of weeks are gonna be good for me as i get to rewatch our good finals from 2018, as we host geelong next week (home final 2018) and then play away to hawthorn the following week (away final 2018). I think i am more excited to watch the replays of those games i forget the reason why i am watching those games

Yeah they are being super cautious. I’m going to a sponsor event in about a week to meet my player, and it’s all a v big deal with the club negotiating with AFL what level of interaction will be permitted. We’ll probably stand 30 feet apart in masks in Yarra park using semaphore

Sit next to an iPad on face time probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back