Crusty Demon

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2009
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
TMac's best chance when Brown and Weideman are fit could be to find a niche as the injury sub. He's almost the perfect player for it, can cover a tall at either end or go on to a wing and run all day if its a smaller player that's injured
This is a very good point. The Mac brothers are the super subs. Smart really. Don't play much, still get paid and get a game counted on your games tally. If you do happen to come onto the ground not much is expected of you really. Sounds perfect for both TMac and OMac...

Crimson Azure

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2007
Mariana Trench
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Lamb on the spit
Not sure where to put this... and apologies if it's already been posted somewhere else and I've missed it. I thought there was a thread for ex-Dees players somewhere, but only can only the "recent delistings" one, which seems primarily to feature where ex-Dees players are still playing football.

In my memory Rod Owen had played more than one season with us, but anyway:

Sad story of a great talent that was only seen in very brief flashes due to all of his understandable problems. Hope he has found some peace now and goes from strength to strength.

It's really weird how good Melbourne comes off in that story in comparison to St Kilda, because: a) We've had our own player problems from that era, though mostly gambling related? and, b) We really didn't perform much better than the Saints.
Thanks for sharing. Just lost an hour reading it. What could have been for Rod. Pathetic by the saints.

Crimson Azure

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2007
Mariana Trench
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Lamb on the spit
Any chance you are a telstra customer who had access to telstra live pass? They get kayo for $5 a month to compensate for live pass's end. I have foxtel so I don't need kayo but $25 is pretty good anyways, especially considering the masters are on this week, footy seasons in full swing and the NBA up and running. Free to air is yucky, foxtel really should reduce prices.
My mobile is with telstra, does that apply?

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I’d be wary of T Mac on a wing just because he’s such a poor field kick and decision maker. Would prefer to keep trying Gus there tbh.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rotation option mate, he can drift back to help the defence or drift forward for a mismatch. Wings don't have to be the ones who kick it inside

Besides Brayshaw and Langdon aren't exactly Sam Mitchell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A11dAtP0w3R

Enjoying my teams losses more than I should 😙
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers. Zach Wilson.
Jackson is better below his knees but he doesn't have the endurance of TMac to get up and down the ground yet.

I loved TMac starting on the wing in 2017&18 before Hogan went down. He's moving well this year so can't see why it couldnt work.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Fixture in for couple of weeks after ANZAC round.

North v Melbourne in Tassie - Sunday 1:10
Melbourne v Sydney at MCG - Saturday 7:25
pretty fair timeslots tbh

I thought Melbourne v Sydney would potentially be a Friday night but you can't complain with the GF remtach being scheduled on the Friday night insteed

Bluelegs

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2012
Robbo's sleeve
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Greenbay Packers
pretty fair timeslots tbh

I thought Melbourne v Sydney would potentially be a Friday night but you can't complain with the GF remtach being scheduled on the Friday night insteed
Yeah I'm happy enough with it. Although it would be nice if the Showdown was on Thursday to give both games some clear air.

Remove this Banner Ad