Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
once you see you can never unsee it

On a side note, I once watched a 10 min doco type thing on the making of the clip and how they got the chocolate softserve ext. No idea how or why I watched that
you must be a sick * to watch a doco on it🤣 didn't even know they had a doco on it but at no point would I go sweet ive got a spare 10mins I'll watch that🤢. the other was blue waffles or some s**t hey? there was that site rotten. com I think it was. ok maybe I would watch a 10min doco on it

you must be a sick fu** to watch a doco on it🤣 didn't even know they had a doco on it but at no point would I go sweet ive got a spare 10mins I'll watch that🤢. the other was blue waffles or some sh*t hey? there was that site rotten. com I think it was. ok maybe I would watch a 10min doco on it
I'm pretty sure a mate sent it to me

The doco helped ease my disturbance at watching that ******* clip for 5 minutes

Head to the Demon shop shouldn't be a problem. I did it in round 4 there was a lady handing it to people who were queuing up. So it was a quick process. It's round 9 now so there shouldn't be a queue at all.
I thought you had to go to a Jag dealership and fill out forms and stuff. Anyway that's what I heard.

Kingy's come around.

Good look at our how we set up defensively.

I didn't realise we had conceded the 4th most inside 50s. I honestly wonder if we are happy to concede a few more because we have that defensive stability now.
So we are happy for 15 per quarter but none are high calibre. Alot of that is our stoppage set ups with the -2 we play with

I didn't realise we had conceded the 4th most inside 50s. I honestly wonder if we are happy to concede a few more because we have that defensive stability now.
So we are happy for 15 per quarter but none are high calibre. Alot of that is our stoppage set ups with the -2 we play with
I'd agree with this. For a while there we lived and died by the supply we got from stoppage. Our best avenues to score felt like a stoppage win and quick ball movement to get inside 50. When it worked, it was great. When it didn't we were so easy to score against because we'd committed so much to win the ball.

This style of play, so committed to a system that works, is why I don't worry too much about guys like Brayshaw not getting a heap of it. The value he provides by knowing the role inside-out, filling the right space, folding back at the right time, keeping width to open the ground up for others is far greater than if he was forsaking that to fill up the stat sheet. By playing his role so well he's allowing the points of difference (Salem, Hunt, Langdon, May, Trac, Oliver, Koz etc) to do their thing with full confidence.

Alot of the attacking play is being set up from the back half

It's TK lab or it's nothing

But seriously, it's amazing watching us defend the G so well. I thought for that 4-6 week stretch at the back end of 2018 it clicked for us with the team defence and manic pressure (albeit we had pretty flimsy KPD in Frost and Omac). With Gawn and our inside mid talent we were always going to get bulk inside 50s from the stoppage, but defence wins flags. When our stoppage works goes up another gear we will be really, really hard to play against.

Kingy's come around.

It’s basically Richmond 2017 onwards, huge forward pressure, team defence of the whole ground to protect the back half, happy to concede down the line or s**t inside 50’s so they can attack off halfback. Salem is probably the most important defender in the team playing a similar role to Houli, one that made him an AA, Salem might be doing it even better at this point

It’s basically Richmond 2017 onwards, huge forward pressure, team defence of the whole ground to protect the back half, happy to concede down the line or sh*t inside 50’s so they can attack off halfback. Salem is probably the most important defender in the team playing a similar role to Houli, one that made him an AA, Salem might be doing it even better at this point
Don't you love how well he reads the long kick down the line and just positions himself at the back ready for the outlet handball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst we have improved defensively the inside 50s comes down to our shitness in the middle of the ground. Not going to lie if that trend of letting the oppo get so much territory continues we aren’t going to realistically challenge for the flag.

I think it’s funny that we’re still #1 for contested possessions and inside 50s, but because our efficiency/stinginess stats have also gone up we’re happy for the opposition to now also win a lot of contested ball and inside 50s. Can still play our game, but very clearly we are just as hard at it as we were in 2018/19 when we couldn’t score.

Salem's defensive skills have almost come on almost over night, no idea where it's come from but I'm loving it. He rarely loses a one on one these days, been times when he's won two on ones.

Kingy's come around.

* Kingy, too late now to hop on the bandwagon Mr. Auditor.

Edit: it's beautiful to watch tho, brings a tear to my eye. #soproud 😢

Last edited:
Whilst we have improved defensively the inside 50s comes down to our shitness in the middle of the ground. Not going to lie if that trend of letting the oppo get so much territory continues we aren’t going to realistically challenge for the flag.
Centre clearances were s**t last week but have been pretty good up until then and I think the club has won the overall clearance battle more often than not this year. If it was the last 4 years I’d be worried due to the fact we played a brand reminiscent of u/10 footy but teams turning it over on their own 50 is what we what, they get the stat we get the footy

Salem's defensive skills have almost come on almost over night, no idea where it's come from but I'm loving it. He rarely loses a one on one these days, been times when he's won two on ones.
It’s a lot easier to play one on one when the ball isn’t coming from the front/open/fat side of the stoppage every time on the fast break, which is what has been the case for most of his career because we have been so poorly set up further up the ground and so flat footed. He also gets to take more of a run at the footy now coming into 1v1s with Lever and May able to drag their man away from goals and pick off a lot of the more dangerous thrusts, at which point you then see more of Salem wondering up to half forward to get a look in

apologies if this is all a wazoo, had my wisdom teeth out today and currently flying on painkillers

The club better get this online membership s**t sorted before the game or I'm going to be going up to the gate with my card and spitting chips at whichever poor bastard is standing on the gate..

The club better get this online membership sh*t sorted before the game or I'm going to be going up to the gate with my card and spitting chips at whichever poor bastard is standing on the gate..
I agree.

Only 1 membership ticket is showing on my account. I rang them and was on hold for 30 minutes. They told me both tickers will be on my account within 30 minutes. Still not there

Also told me they would email about if I need tix for my kids under 5. Still nothing

******* useless

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

It's kinda f’ed to think that we've won 8 to start the season, and it might be another 50 years before we live this again. Yet I'm happy but not satisfied yet at all
8-0 is just banter. I was wearing my Dees beanie at the hospital today and someone walked past and made a joke about it so I tried to signal ‘8-0’ at the but instead just ended up flipping them off with both hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back