Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll have to forgive me; it's my first time in this situation.
By the time we’re the worst side to have finished the H&A season 22-0 and won three consecutive finals you’ll have had plenty of experience, so there won’t be any excuses!!!

Six of the eight teams we've played have a record of at least 4-3 in matches not involving us (exceptions being Hawthorn and NM). This is not like 2018 where we were just racking up easy wins against the s**t-kickers, we've had to beat 6 of the top 10 teams in the league on the way to this point. Yeah, of course, things can always go south from here, but anyone trying to say that going 8-0 isn't a very real indication of how we're going now is an idiot.

Six of the eight teams we've played have a record of at least 4-3 in matches not involving us (exceptions being Hawthorn and NM). This is not like 2018 where we were just racking up easy wins against the sh*t-kickers, we've had to beat 6 of the top 10 teams in the league on the way to this point. Yeah, of course, things can always go south from here, but anyone trying to say that going 8-0 isn't a very real indication of how we're going now is an idiot.

And ironically, Hawthorn & North are the games where we really threatened to lose

What is going on with our centre clearances?

I can't find the team stats but I'm sure they'd show us ranking well down the league despite having healthy clearance numbers overall.

We seem to rotate a ton of players through there, including Melksham, which just doesn't work. Especially when the game has been tight in 4th quarters, get our best setup in there FFS.

Interesting hearing Trac on SEN this morning talking about holding teammates to account and being unselfish. Great example of this is right after Trac kicked his goal against Sydney. He immediately went back to Melksham who had launched the ball into the goal square with seemingly zero purpose or consideration and Trac was pointing to the goals asking him did he mean to kick for goal. So even though Trac kicked the goal, he was more concerned about the entry as it would have been an intercept mark to Sydney had Tommy Mac not come in at the last minute.

How good was it to see Neil Daniher at the game Saturday night!

He must really love for the Dees. If thats not inspirational for the club and players nothing is.

How good was it to see Neil Daniher at the game Saturday night!

He must really love for the Dees. If thats not inspirational for the club and players nothing is.
+ Ron singing the song.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting hearing Trac on SEN this morning talking about holding teammates to account and being unselfish. Great example of this is right after Trac kicked his goal against Sydney. He immediately went back to Melksham who had launched the ball into the goal square with seemingly zero purpose or consideration and Trac was pointing to the goals asking him did he mean to kick for goal. So even though Trac kicked the goal, he was more concerned about the entry as it would have been an intercept mark to Sydney had Tommy Mac not come in at the last minute.

Lingy reckons we've gotta get that sort of thing out of our game lol.

I noticed that too - it wasn't demonstrative, it looked more like he was saying 'even though we got a goal out of it, was that really the best option for you?'

And agree, Trac was really good on SEN this morning. Loved how honest he was that Tommy Mac "stuck it up the club a bit" in returning to form this year

Full credit to the club for giving Tommy Mac a clean slate and sticking by him.

Obviously the Weed and Brown injuries opened up a spot for him, but his work over the pre-season and motivation speaks to his drive as a player and also the environment that we created to give him that opportunity again. Many other players would have simply but the cue in the rack after nearly being traded and being on good coin. But Goody and the other coaches obviously gave him a clear route to get back into the side which he's taken with 2 hands. They've also kept him forward when it would have been tempting to throw him back.

It's maybe the story of our year. He's playing like a genuine world beater again.

if we win the flag toss a coin between Neale and Ron to who presents the cup IMO.
I was about to post Ron due to age but sadly Neil is probably less likely to see a premiership after 2021.

So:
Neil: 2021
RDB: 2022
And for the threepeat in 2023: Neitz and Jones.

I was about to post Ron due to age but sadly Neil is probably less likely to see a premiership after 2021.

So:
Neil: 2021
RDB: 2022
And for the threepeat in 2023: Neitz and Jones.
I don’t know if RDB’s health is that good either tbh.

The sad part with Neale is if he makes it to the GF he’s almost definitely not physically up to presenting the cup anyway. It would be a massive gesture but he would need a lot of support to physically do it. I doubt he could hold the trophy at all now.

I don’t know if RDB’s health is that good either tbh.

The sad part with Neale is if he makes it to the GF he’s almost definitely not physically up to presenting the cup anyway. It would be a massive gesture but he would need a lot of support to physically do it. I doubt he could hold the trophy at all now.
It’s all academic but you’d get them both up there surely, esp if ND couldn’t do it himself. If we won a flag there would be plenty of opportunities to honour both of them anyway and in the scheme of things presenting the cup is fairly tokenistic relative to other possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back