General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can some brave soul figure out our interstate record for the last ~5 years?

Can't find a non-laborious way to do it.
Just start from zero and work up from there.

2012 - beat GWS in Canberra
2013 - n/a
2014 - Adelaide in Adelaide
2015 - n/a
2016 - GC away, Fremantle in Darwin

Think we've played about 18 games interstate in that time, so about 1/4 wins interstate.

It depresses me how easy it was to list those wins purely from memory. In fact I could probably detail every single Melbourne win since 2006 or even 2005 down to the rough margin and round it was played.

If not for the expansion sides we'd have finished with one win in 2012 and 2013. We'd also have had the number one pick each of those years and probably a priority pick in 2013 to * up as well. And we'd have been able to draft say Tom Lynch in 2010 and one of Patton, Coniglio, Tyson, WHE, and Wingard in 2011 and ****ed them up too.

Also how the * did WC finish last in 2010 and make a prelim in 2011 and Adelaide go from 11th in 2010 to 14th in 2011 to being one goal away from making the grand final in 2012?! WHERE IS THE JUSTICE. WC played a grand final last year and Adelaide could very well play one this year and we're still at least two years away from even entering the eight, probably.

If not for the expansion sides we'd have finished with one win in 2012 and 2013. We'd also have had the number one pick each of those years and probably a priority pick in 2013 to **** up as well. And we'd have been able to draft say Tom Lynch in 2010 and one of Patton, Coniglio, Tyson, WHE, and Wingard in 2011 and stuffed them up too.

Also how the **** did WC finish last in 2010 and make a prelim in 2011 and Adelaide go from 11th in 2010 to 14th in 2011 to being one goal away from making the grand final in 2012?! WHERE IS THE JUSTICE. WC played a grand final last year and Adelaide could very well play one this year and we're still at least two years away from even entering the eight, probably.

Because they have real home ground advantages

I want Kent signed ASAP. He is really important for us. I don't even mind that he has spent this year grazing the cheeseburgers.

He'd be highly sought after in the West. Sort of player Simmo at WC would cream himself over. Also hate that Kenty and Hoges played so well in front of Ross the toss.

He'd be highly sought after in the West. Sort of player Simmo at WC would cream himself over. Also hate that Kenty and Hoges played so well in front of Ross the toss.
They'll be paying a premium for him.

God almighty. I'm watching the replay and Dermie said "full force of the brunt". He really did. I heard it last night but decided not to trust my drunk ears. But he did say it.

BTW Zac Dawson is hilarious.

I don't. Them playing well in front of Lyon is like the hot girl at school flirting with you then when you message her on Facebook you get the classic 'Seen 6:27pm'.

God almighty. I'm watching the replay and Dermie said "full force of the brunt". He really did. I heard it last night but decided not to trust my drunk ears. But he did say it.

He also described a freo player as being a "process in work". I presume he meant "work in progress" but double fluffed it. Must have been smashing the tinnies with the locals before the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually really ******* glad St Kilda got over the line today, means they won't be out to prove a point as much next week

I'm not so sure. Despite winning, their shitty performance will have the Dees start favorites and richo will be filthy at his saints for only barely scraping over the line against essendon. They have as much to prove now as they did if they'd lost.

I agree that we lose in any event.

I'm not so sure if he will, been dominant in some games and then not really sighted excepted for hit outs in lots more
Jones has been consistent every game

It'll be the classic Gawn finishes higher in the Brownlow and Jones wins the BNF .. it's why the Brownlow is a stupid award

I'd be jumping aboard GC to win a few games in the back half of the year .. Peter Wright and Tom Lynch will beat most defenders on their day If their midfield break even on a day
Big if with Rischa and Ablett gone again

I did not rate Wright at all pre draft but he's doing well. Will wait to see him do it against better defenders than St Kilda and Brisbane can dish up.

Maybe we should have taken him instead of Brayshaw ;)

I did not rate Wright at all pre draft but he's doing well. Will wait to see him do it against better defenders than St Kilda and Brisbane can dish up.

Maybe we should have taken him instead of Brayshaw ;)

He went number 8 if I remember right? Had he shown this ability in the juniors I reckon he would have gone number 1 to Stkilda

He went number 8 if I remember right? Had he shown this ability in the juniors I reckon he would have gone number 1 to Stkilda
Yeah he had, was a good prospect who was tipped to go even higher than 8, guess Heeney pushed him down and the bid more Moore otherwise he was top 5 in the draft behind, McCartin, Brayshaw, Petracca and degoey?

Yeah i think that's about right. Ironically the Bulldogs were reported to be hugely into him predraft with pick 6 before they flogged it off to GWS along with Griffin for Boyd.

He's a really nice shot on goal and a beautiful mark on the lead. My major knock on him was that he didn't have much contested marking ability and was a bit soft body on body. A lot like Watts for pros and cons really. Evidently he's worked on these things since getting to the GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back