General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MELBOURNE Football Club has reported a profit of $720,218 for the year ending 31 October 2016.

Decent profit this year, hopefully next year we can make a big increase on that.

MELBOURNE Football Club has reported a profit of $720,218 for the year ending 31 October 2016.

Decent profit this year, hopefully next year we can make a big increase on that.
Early reports coming in that sales pf the MFC 2017 leisure shorts have added ~$250000 to the bottom line already, and the year is yet to start.
These things have been super popular. Hopefully a good omen.
upload_2016-11-25_7-26-23.png

We dont need a profit we just need to break even and invest the rest back in to the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still cant believe essendon didnt take McCluggage at number 1
They literally took a half back flanker. This will be popcorn worthy.

Essendon are in a bizarre spot. Their #1 need - a second key forward a la Weid - has not been addressed despite opportunities. They're running with either a 29yrold KPD who has swung for a half dozen games, or a guy who has been delisted by Geelong. They don't have a small forward. Their backline's best six looks great on paper but they also have no depth. Their ruck division has a habit of ending up in the rehab group. And their midfield has 2 inside mids, one of whom is 34 and whose only awesome year was when he was on drugs.

B: Walla Hooker Hartley
HB: Goddard Hurley Baguley
C: Zaharakis Heppell Colyer
HF: Parish Brown Stanton
F: Fantasia Daniher Howlett
R: Leuey Watson Zerrett
Int from: Kelly, Dea, Myers, TBC, Gleeson, Francis, Bird, Hocking, McGrath

Doesn't exactly inspire me.

They'll win a couple early then fall away IMO.

Essendon are in a bizarre spot. Their #1 need - a second key forward a la Weid - has not been addressed despite opportunities. They're running with either a 29yrold KPD who has swung for a half dozen games, or a guy who has been delisted by Geelong. They don't have a small forward. Their backline's best six looks great on paper but they also have no depth. Their ruck division has a habit of ending up in the rehab group. And their midfield has 2 inside mids, one of whom is 34 and whose only awesome year was when he was on drugs.

Agree with this, but would personally describe Fantasia as a small forward and I think he's going to be a very decent player. But they do have some holes that could use filling. And the most optimistic rating of their list by the starriest-eyed of their supporters tends to rely on players like Laverde and Langford, who haven't shown that much as yet, suddenly stepping up and turning into a-graders. Sure nothing is impossible but my view is their list is a few drafts away from complete before they can knuckle down, build as a team and climb into contention. And there will be a couple of holes open up as older players like Watson / Stanton / Myers retire. And Goddard too.

Fantasia will be a gun but their forwardline is very weak overall

I'm gonna be like barrett Lloyd and rank what i think each team will do next season. Cause i'm bored.
Adelaide: Stagnate or Up
Brisbane: Stagnate or Up
Carlton: Up
Collingwood: Down
Essendon: Down
Fremantle: Up
Geelong: Down slightly
Gold Coast: Up
Greater Western Sydney: Stagnate or up
Hawthorn: Down Slightly
Melbourne: Up
North Melbourne: Down
Port Adelaide: Stagnate
Richmond: I really don't know, they can either go up or down
St Kilda: Up
Sydney: Stagnate or Up
West Coast: Down
Western bulldogs: Stagnate

I'm gonna be like barrett Lloyd and rank what i think each team will do next season. Cause i'm bored.
Adelaide: Stagnate or Up
Brisbane: Stagnate or Up
Carlton: Up
Collingwood: Down
Essendon: Down
Fremantle: Up
Geelong: Down slightly
Gold Coast: Up
Greater Western Sydney: Stagnate or up
Hawthorn: Down Slightly
Melbourne: Up
North Melbourne: Down
Port Adelaide: Stagnate
Richmond: I really don't know, they can either go up or down
St Kilda: Up
Sydney: Stagnate or Up
West Coast: Down
Western bulldogs: Stagnate
How do Essendon go down? They're starting from pretty much zero as it is.

How do Essendon go down? They're starting from pretty much zero as it is.
You raise a fair point. in my brain i kinda didn't regard this year with all the banned bombers.

But you are right, have a cookie for your efforts

Still cant believe essendon didnt take McCluggage at number 1
Yep.
177cm isn't the way most clubs seems to see footy going.
Particularly due to the fact they have some smallish mids already.
Will be interesting to watch. Can only hope the kid is the meat in a Petracca, Jones, Viney sandwich come round 6.

Always interesting to hear opposition supporters views. McGrath can play at half back. He also averaged the most disposals in the TAC cup through the midfield. After a 40 disposal game playing through the midfield he started to get talked up as a potential top pick.

A second tall forward is a need, but I don't think it's a big enough need to reach for one. In the past few drafts there haven't been any good options available for our picks. Maybe Battle at a stretch, but we have plenty of his type already.
We drafted a tall utility in Francis(obviously rated higher than Weideman), who is now around 193cm and has been playing forward. We also just traded for James Stewart (196cm). We have a number of mid sized forwards developing - Langford(up to 193cm), Laverde(190cm), Redman etc. And while I would prefer to keep Hooker(hes actually 28) in defense, he swung forward to good effect and had a real presence. Mitch brown is now depth or plays in defense.
Obviously I don't see a tall forward as a big of a need as you do, but it would be nice.

Our small forwards are Fantasia, Tipungwuti and Green(depth).

We actually have lots of depth in defense. For talls: Hooker, Hurley, Hartley, Brown, Ambrose(was solid last season after moving to def). Small/Med: Kelly, Baguley, Goddard, Dea, Gleeson, Mckenna, *McGrath, Francis

Fair point about our rucks, they could definitely use bolstering. Leuenberger did manage to play twenty games last season.

Not sure why you think we only have two inside mids: Watson(31 not 34),Heppell, Merrett, Parish, Myers, Hocking, Bird, Howlett, possibly Langford/Laverde and just drafted a few more.

Just in my opinion Collingwood has a real Neeld-Ball feel about it.

I sense a plot to destroy Collingwood, the dark side of the force surrounds Buckley

15202667_10154410187581773_1668594072954789356_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back