General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure about the - 5000 points list but we have three players in the top 30 of playing in the most losing games.

9th - Tulip - 88 wins - 184 losses
20th - Neita - 140 - 166
26th - Chunk - 58 - 3 - 162

The top four in order are:
Kevin Murray - 208
Doug Hawkins - 200
John Rantall - 199
Paul Roos - 196

Saints and Lions players seem to appear the most.
The Tulip thing really really pisses me off. He sooooo deserved better stats then that. I never saw him live, but of all the players I have watched in red and blue, he was the freakish one of pure magic

The Tulip thing really really pisses me off. He sooooo deserved better stats then that. I never saw him live, but of all the players I have watched in red and blue, he was the freakish one of pure magic
In the same boat as you. Any Flower footage is golden

What is the point of this list ? Is it suggesting that to be a legend one has to have been in more losing sides than winning? . History will show Flower played in 3 finals ,winning 2 and even if we had beaten the Hawks out at AFL park , his busted collar-bone meant he probably wouldn't have been able to play in the granny anyway. And yeah , to watch him play , poetry on the field.

Roos really was a perfect fit for us. Haha.

The money was obviously a factor, but I'm certain saw a lot of fitzroy in Melbourne which helped him to sign on
Its easy to forget that people genuinely thought the club was going to die

The money was obviously a factor, but I'm certain saw a lot of fitzroy in Melbourne which helped him to sign on
Its easy to forget that people genuinely thought the club was going to die
I've never forgotten how close it felt, All through the year and even into 2014 this sentence haunted me for a long time "There is a smell of death around the Melbourne Football Club"

I hope Dr Whooooooo is reading to see Neil Mitchell's shots at Schwabb

I've never forgotten how close it felt, All through the year and even into 2014 this sentence haunted me for a long time "There is a smell of death around the Melbourne Football Club"

I hope Dr Whooooooo is reading to see Neil Mitchell's shots at Schwabb

Neil Mitchell doesn't approve of Maxxy Beard
Maxxy Gawn doesn't approve of nerds, therefore doesn't approve of Neil Mitchell

Neil Mitchell doesn't approve of Maxxy Beard
Maxxy Gawn doesn't approve of nerds, therefore doesn't approve of Neil Mitchell
It was a different time. Now Maxxy beards are the rave. I recall Luke Dacry being harsh on the beards too

It was a different time. Now Maxxy beards are the rave. I recall Luke Dacry being harsh on the beards too
I love it and I love Max. Everyone at work loves Max, and they are a bunch of daft Bomber or Tiger supporters. I remember telling people one morning at work how I talked to Max Gawn after the last family day and I said good win or something because Melbourne beat Port in the first NAB. And I asked about the beard and whether he was keeping it or was it an offseason thing. And he said thanks and all, but specifically "I ******* love beating Port, and the beard stays". When I told my colleagues they said they knew all along Max was just awesome. (I think this was partly because they just like him, but partly because they don't like Port Adelaide).

You'd think Fitzroy would have a few players in that top five biggest losers. Guys who played a lot in their era of shitness. Or the Bears for that matter... Johnny Gastev anyone?
Wrong thread mate - that discussion is in the N. Jones thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the beards were watts Dunn and maybe Jamar that people had a problem with
I'd forgotten about the Watts beard. He was sporting that at the time he was dropped by Neeld one week, and the following week filmed while clearly having a massive argument with the coach. Ah, good times.

I'd forgotten about the Watts beard. He was sporting that at the time he was dropped by Neeld one week, and the following week filmed while clearly having a massive argument with the coach. Ah, good times.
Wasn't it Morton caught on camera having an argument with N@&$d?

Wasn't it Morton caught on camera having an argument with N@&$d?
Is that right? I'm almost sure it happened with Wattsy.

It's probably not too far outside the boundaries of possibility that more than one person exchanged some words with Neeld though.

FWIW Luke Darcy was one of the bigger skirts to play footy.
Hate when he's commentating and pegs some bloke for squibbing it - he had that down to a fine art.
Good player but weak as p*ss.

The duck now sitting down for breakfast with his mistress after cheating on his Mrs who he's had a kid with.
She cooked him some eggs.
He got a bit on his face which he's now wiping off.

Give me a f*****n spell Duck.
You realise this was in 2013 right?

Josh Kelly apparently going to resign with GWS for another two years after 2017, we were reportedly the most interested club.
Well we need to fill our yearly ex-GWS player quota somehow don't we.

That's a shame he plans to stay tho, would be very keen. Saw him do some amazing things first hand in the NEAFL a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back