news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

"There aint nothin to say, the reality of it, its down to war like, i, he, he aint even, he aint even alive, like i own all his s**t"

-Nate Diaz

I love this dude haha

The greatest promo ever cut.

That quote is legendary

Joe Lauzon vs Jim Miller rematch set for aug 27 on fox.

Off the top of my head the first fight is in my
5-10 fav fights. Hopefully the rematch can get close.

Liked...then unliked it just so I could like it again. Always wondered why the UFC didnt line these two up at 200...oh well...better late than never

A fair bit of UFC support at the Republican convention.

Today Dana White's speaking.

Yesterday it was Kenny Florian:
160718232259-melania-trump-large-169.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if this is worth a thread on rule changes, but there has been talk of rule changes and weight class changes in the UFC. I know that I'm on the minority here but I am against knees to the head of a downed opponent and the Cyborg injury should be exhibit A in that discussion. Also, I think that foot stomps should be banned.

There is talk that leading with an open hand will be considered a foul to avoid eye pokes. The old Pride gloves would help prevent that, but I don't know how it would go when you're grappling.

Maybe this is worth a thread... but someone else can make it if they want it.

Stomping a foot is not a martial art. I think that it's a dirty tactic and have never liked it.
Interesting. I think it's not used anywhere near enough.

Stomping a foot is not a martial art. I think that it's a dirty tactic and have never liked it.

Is it any dirtier than covering someone's mouth to interrupt their breathing from top position? While I agree that it's a bit on the cheap side, I've never seen foot stomps alter the course of a fight before.

Like idea of a change to fighters leading with an open hand. Eyepokes are still going to happen, but this should drastically reduce them.

Eye pokes will stop when fighters start getting penalised for them. When you can get away with 2 or 3 before anything happens its always going to happen. Very stern warning for the first, points for the 2nd and it will be gone (other than legit accidental ones) in a few months.

Eye pokes will stop when fighters start getting penalised for them. When you can get away with 2 or 3 before anything happens its always going to happen. Very stern warning for the first, points for the 2nd and it will be gone (other than legit accidental ones) in a few months.
Agree eye pokes, low blows, cage clinging basicly any rule in there broken should be a point straight away. They are rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Back