news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard Conor mention that a couple days back. Mofo has to defend his belt.

The only real thing Diaz has on his side is that he can take a beating.
Since when has he ever had to worry about crazy ideas like that? :drunk:

Clay Guida vs Joe Lauzon booked for UFC Fight Night: Porier vs Pettis. There will be blood.

Not a bad little card as well:

Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis
Matt Brown vs. Diego Sanchez
Clay Guida vs. Joe Lauzon
Angela Hill vs. Nina Ansaroff
Nate Marquardt vs. Cezar Ferreira
Darren Stewart vs. Karl Roberson
Jake Collier vs. Marcel Fortuna
Andrei Arlovski vs. Junior Albini
Court McGee vs. Sean Strickland

Clay Guida vs Joe Lauzon booked for UFC Fight Night: Porier vs Pettis. There will be blood.

Not a bad little card as well:

Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis
Matt Brown vs. Diego Sanchez
Clay Guida vs. Joe Lauzon
Angela Hill vs. Nina Ansaroff
Nate Marquardt vs. Cezar Ferreira
Darren Stewart vs. Karl Roberson
Jake Collier vs. Marcel Fortuna
Andrei Arlovski vs. Junior Albini
Court McGee vs. Sean Strickland

That's a great card. Nate Marquardt tho....:'(

Just read this

http://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/uf...e/news-story/85dddf976bbac7f48ab5b22f0d27b8de

VanZant told the MMA Hour she was cutting 10kgs of weight in the remaining hours before her fights — and putting her health at serious risk.

During a recent cut, one of her coaches found her on the bathroom floor and they had to call her “best friend” and mentor, UFC Hall of Famer Urijah Faber, so he could come and “save” her.

“For my last three fights I’m cutting from (62kgs) to (52kgs),” the 162cm VanZant said.

“It’s a big cut for me. I’m a lot heavier than people realise. I was honestly killing myself for this sport. In my last, I want to say two fights, or three fights, I’ve passed out in my bathroom.

Seriously makes you wonder about the long term damage of cutting that much weight regularly

Anyone been to a UFC event in Vegas?

Would definitely be interested as part of a bigger trip.

The seats on ground level look great but I'm sure would be crazy expensive.

Yeah, weight cutting that much weight is nuts.

I've never had to cut that much weight before but I did a pretty drastic weight cut by my standards a while ago and had to use hot bath to drop that last bit of weight, was my first time needing to resort to it, and I literally felt on the verge of collapsing when I got out after only 20 minutes. And that was to drop barely 1kg. One of those things I'll refrain from doing it for my own sake.

Dan "dad bod", "the walking mummy", "Judo Dan" Kelly vs Elias Theodorou announced for UFC Sydney.

Tai Tuivasa also makes his UFC debut against Rashad Coulter on the card. Tai trains with Mark Hunt and Hunt says he is the hardest hitter he's come across :eek:. If Tai's brother-in-law Tyson Pedro gets through relatively unscathed against Latifi this weekend he will be a shoo-in for the card aswell.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone been to a UFC event in Vegas?

Would definitely be interested as part of a bigger trip.

The seats on ground level look great but I'm sure would be crazy expensive.

Have to do the whole fight week. That would be awesome in vegas

Saw an interesting doco on Showtime called Tough Guys. About a company in Pennsylvania in the late 70s that was effectively the precursor to the UFC but was banned by the state government.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back