news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s this beef between stipe and Dana all about?

I think Stipe Feels like the UFC did everything in their power to help Francis win. The bloke pretty much lives at the institute with the best equipment whilst Stipe got no offer to come down. He kept talking about respect...I think he feels like the UFC dont respect him. It was alot like Ronda coming back to fight Nunes...WME put all the chips on Ronda and promotional wise did nothing with Nunes.

Think about it...You are the Heavyweight champ of the world. You risk life threatening injuries, Night in night out and the boss doesnt respect you...Thats got to hurt a little.

Everyone has access to the performance institute they just don't use it.

Its in Vegas, pretty sure Stipe lives elsewhere. Ngannou decided to spend a lot of time in Vegas.

U4i6FJK.jpg

Pretty much confirms Dana hate stipe

Everyone has access to the performance institute they just don't use it.

Its in Vegas, pretty sure Stipe lives elsewhere. Ngannou decided to spend a lot of time in Vegas.
Yeah that’s the impression I was under with the performance institute that it was open to any fighter who wants to use it.

I guess I can see why stipe feels a bit hard done by. I remember thinking it was a bit unprofessional at the press conference when Dana introduced Francis talking about how how he punches harder than getting hit by a car and sledgehammer. And then was like oh and this is stipe

Yeah that’s the impression I was under with the performance institute that it was open to any fighter who wants to use it.

I guess I can see why stipe feels a bit hard done by. I remember thinking it was a bit unprofessional at the press conference when Dana introduced Francis talking about how how he punches harder than getting hit by a car and sledgehammer. And then was like oh and this is stipe
Yeah I can see why he is annoyed, but not related to the performance institute.

Don't think it was unfair to promote Ngannou in the way they did to be fair.

U4i6FJK.jpg

Pretty much confirms Dana hate stipe
Na, the flog is always on his phone. Nothing new.
There is a monitor is front of him. Literally how he watches all the fights when he is cage side.

I'd be surprised if you can find a pic where he looking into the cage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I could gather from Stipes thinly veiled shot at Dana at the presser its all about the promotion as bkozican mentioned the build up was allllll about Francis and the new superstar of the Heavyweight division. Bleacher Report did a really good article on him detailing out why the UFC desperately wants him to win (Rousey gone, GSP likely gone, Conor holding them to ransom). From that point of view I can understand why Dana so desperately wanted Francis to win but I also think Dana misses the opportunities that are right in front of his face. Stipe is a part time fireman from Cleveland (if you don't follow US sports they have been a perennially unsuccessful at everything until Lebron returned a few years back) who is now the winningest Heavyweight champ in UFC history. DJ would be in a similar boat, then Thug Rose, TJ Dillashaw even Tyron but Dana doesn't work with them at all.

I don't know what Nate is waiting for exactly.

Fighters wanna fight him.....his had lightweights and welterweights calling him out. He even had Ferguson calling him out months ago.

Pick the one that makes the most sense for whatever reason and go!

There's only one LW champion, and it's this guy...

I love watching Tony Ferguson fight, but he is such an unlikeable D bag to me. Constant cringe.

Just the ultimate werido. That meltdown in the TUF house, combined with always wearing speed dealers inside is the perfect look into who he is lol

What do you do as the UFC with no JBJ, no Conor return date, GSP sick and N'Gannou hype train derailed and a dearth of (fit) contenders at HW for Stipe?

The only way this happens is if Cain doesn't look like returning in 2018.

Would still love to see DC rematch with Gus who is number 1 contender and who pushed DC to a split decision. Stipe fight is the biggest potential earner for both fighters (and UFC) at the moment. Maybe Gus rematch first then DC's last fight at HW?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back