news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the great characters in MMA, that got every ounce out of himself and achieved the ultimate in the twilight of his career.

No shame in losing to one of the GOAT, and a young up and coming fighter on his way out and really wouldn't get much out of a retirement fight as there's no paydays left for him or likelyhood of a title fight.

Has a media job for life, so a smart decision in the end.

Reading on MMA imports (so take it with a big grain of salt) Rockhold is injured and out of 227
V Gustafson. They need to look into AKA, between him, Cormier, Eagle and Cain they are injured alot

Rockhold left AKA.

For a Kickboxing gym....they have a strong emphasis on wrestling with their fighters. Whether that's the cause of the history of injuries with that place I'm not sure.....they might just be unlucky.

Reading on MMA imports (so take it with a big grain of salt) Rockhold is injured and out of 227
V Gustafson. They need to look into AKA, between him, Cormier, Eagle and Cain they are injured alot
Pretty sure that was confirmed by Ariel about a week ago. He is with Hooft now and the injury was a pretty nasty and deep gash to the shin.

Still seems to be good friends with AKA crew, Mendez and that were there in Perth.
He was there when Khabib won title I think.

He moved cause none of them where there, Cain was back in Mexico, Khabib was going back to Russia for ages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the respect in the world to Bisping!
How funny is Darren Till on that podcast?

Rockhold left AKA.

For a Kickboxing gym....they have a strong emphasis on wrestling with their fighters. Whether that's the cause of the history of injuries with that place I'm not sure.....they might just be unlucky.

Watching TUF 27 and hearing and seeing the little bits we do, you can see Cormier focus' heavily on grindy, intense training. He said that's what they do at AKA.

Bec Rawlings part of a bare knuckle boxing event in the US. What the?

I get that MKA and boxing are brutal sports but this is next level.

And ironically, there is a decent argument that out of all striking based combat sports, barenuckle would result in the least amount of brain trauma.

With all due respect to Rawlings the fact she managed to win, by TKO, in the second round probably show the level of competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back