news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewis reckons that he broke one of his fingers while warming up for his fight at 229. Surely he couldn't fight on 230 if that was the case?
Lewis also said in a backstage interview he came in his trunks after KO'ing Volkov, so who knows what to believe when he speaks. :p

Last edited:

I doubt this has much to do with the UFC.

Cormier should and would never accept that rematch, especially on such short notice, against the best HW (apart from him) on the planet. Such a big risk to the pay-days he has coming.

The matchup he took is far far far less risk.

How does it not have much to do with the UFC? Lewis is popular but he's not the prizefight DC claimed he wasn't going to come back for?

It reeks of the UFC giving him a decent cut to save the NY card, and DC taking it because its a much easier fight.

Disappointed in both DC and UFC and im a DC fan.

How does it not have much to do with the UFC? Lewis is popular but he's not the prizefight DC claimed he wasn't going to come back for?

It reeks of the UFC giving him a decent cut to save the NY card, and DC taking it because its a much easier fight.

Disappointed in both DC and UFC and im a DC fan.
Id bet the UFC ran that fight by DC. Brock was fighting the winner of the last HW title fight anyway. They didnt care if it was DC or Stipe.

A decent main event for New York was far more important to them than DC getting paid while he can just fight bones next year if he lost the HW belt.

They made Eubanks vs Shevchenko while ruining their next card in the process lol they would have taken DC vs Stipe in a heartbeat.

For the LHW title
Cyborg Nunes co-main wow

So guess it means DC is relinquishing LHW belt?

Either way, that's a huge PPV to end the year. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get where Stipe is coming from, but no one can blame DC for fighting Lewis and not Stipe on such short notice.

He is saving an event and being a company man of the highest order while mitigating the risk of losing millions $$$ (slightly) in the process.

DC should be praised. Besides, he is fighting the number 2 guy in the world... it's not like he is taking on Jarrod Rosholt.

I also say good on DC for stepping up for the card, this could however end really bad for him.

You'd imagine that DC will just easily take Lewis down and beat up on him, but with the way everything's be playing out in the ufc of late I wouldn't be surprised if DC gets murked and loses his hw belt and his shot at Brock.. If that was to happen I wonder if he'd still get his LW belt stripped.

Think the Ko really hides how Terrible Lewis looked that fight goes the distance people would be calling for him to retire

Don't think he deserves a title shot based on overall performance in his last few fights. His fight vs Ngannou was unspectacular.

But he has won 9 of his last 10 fights, so there's that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back