news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Jay C

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Storm & Stars
This could be the end for Cruz especially with his style of fighting.

Z_K

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor
Feb 21, 2002
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
Silva won't fight Jones. He'll say it's because they have too much respect for each other or whatever, but the truth is he's too ******* big, too long. Chael took Silva down for a laugh in the first fight and then within 10 seconds of the second fight starting. Silva is a wizard, but if Jones is in his guard for just half the fight I just don't see how he can get enough done.

And Bisping can * off. Silva would make him look ridiculous.

Can't for for Paul Harris v Lombard. Can't ******* wait.

alfy!

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Forrest Griffin knee injury puts him out of 155 fight with Phil Davis.

The latest on the GSP/Silva fight:

"We have heard a lot from GSP. He said he wants this fight to happen on his terms. He may not be ready for it just yet," Helwani said. "But I spoke to Anderson Silva's manager last night, and he told me that he truly doesn't believe that GSP wants this fight next and therefore he doesn't believe this fight will happen."

Cruz talks about his knee injury.

Renan Barao to fight Michael McDonald to defend his interim title. Great fight.

Bader vs. Matyusheko being tee-ed up for UFC on Fox 6.

Mar 12, 2008
Rehab
AFL Club
Essendon
Great to hear that the interim title is going to be defended, and Mayday v Barao looks great on paper!

I couldn't care less about Bader any more, so this fight makes sense to me. Bader is gonna end up being a gatekeeper in my opinion. In saying that, I think Bader would win.

Anderson Silva seems like a decent guy who surrounds himself with w***ers. His manager, his interpreter and the complete toss bad, Steven Segal. Silva bitches and moans about opponents and now he wants to pretend that GSP is ducking him? That's a bit rich. The longer this goes on the more I want GSP to kick his arse.

alfy!

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
UFC 156 additions:

In a flyweight bout, Joseph Benavidez will tangle with Ian McCall. At lightweight, Evan Dunham will square off with Gleison Tibau. The company announced the fights on Thursday.

Barao vs. McDonald will be on UFC on Fuel 7.

Cyborg willing to go to 135 to fight Rousey:

"I'm organizing, but is a lengthy process, and much weight," she said. "I am willing to do that to fight with [Rousey], but not in two months. If it's at my weight, I [fight] in February. At 61 kilograms (135 pounds), I need more time."

Dana said that GSP wants Nick Diaz and that's gonna be the next fight.

It makes the interim belt a complete waste of time, but damn! Bring on that fight! I love it!!
Ridiculous. They better make that fight over and done with quickly (~4 months or something).

Mar 12, 2008
Rehab
AFL Club
Essendon
Dana said that Hendricks is gonna get his shot, while Jake Sheilds has been calling him out on twitter :D

Anderson is going to be fighting at 185 in his next fight, but no opponent named. Weidman is out for a while so probably the winner of Bisping v Vitor would be my guess.

Jay C

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Storm & Stars
Really looking forward to the fights that were announced today :)

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
It's a ridiculous decision. Overlooking a guy with several top 10 wins back to back for a guy coming back off a loss and a drug suspension is a massive slap in the face to Hendricks. I'm all for the GSP/Diaz fight happening, but think Diaz should at least have to earn it with a win over a top 10 fighter.

I've noticed that Shields is calling out Hendricks on twitter.... guess he likes getting KO'd as that's the only outcome I can see if those two do fight.

Back