news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He is probably asking for McGregor type money.
He isn’t that popular and hasn’t won a fight in his last three ufc appearances.

Fair to say he lost to two handy fighters. Nick v sliva on the Melbourne card would of sold alot of pay per views world wide imo Diaz is well known. Just sucks as a old school fan he ain't fighting.

Ohh s**t looks like this is the fight to make. Both sides want it and rarely doesn't happen when that's the case.

Ohh s**t looks like this is the fight to make. Both sides want it and rarely doesn't happen when that's the case.

Imagine.... and I say imagine ....

Volkanovski wins.
Whittaker & Adesanya win tomorrow.

UFC ppv late 2019 in Aus.

Holloway vs Volkanovski
Whittaker vs Adesanya (co main)
+ Few other aussies.

Don’t think Holloway would want to fight here but damn that would be good.

Volkanovski wins.

Holloway vs Volkanovski
+ Few other aussies.

You never know about Max Holloway not wanting to fight here. Honolulu to Brisbane flight time is about the same as to New York. Plus of course the Poly support he would have in the Oceania region. A card with those two fights as main and co-main would be massive for the sport in the region.

Volkanovski wins.

Holloway vs Volkanovski
+ Few other aussies.

Would be super.

But after what they’ve done with this card, you feel if they get Whittaker v Adensanya they’ll just about leave it at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve always liked Holloway in that fight but Ferguson seems to be favoured by the majority.

Two of the gamest fighters in the sport head to head, would be incredible.

An amazing matchup.
I wonder where this leaves Poirier though.

Imo, Tony vs Poirier should really be the interim fight, but it's easy to see why Max gets gifted the shot straight up..(great record, fw champ and has pretty much cleaned out the fw divi).

I wonder what would be next for Poirier if Tony/Max is defo happening. He can't wait for a title fight to be his next fight as that would be too long on the sidelines.

Bit unfortunate that Tony would need to have 2 more fights to win the undisputed belt given his age and record already in the div. Just seems like one of those fighters who won't get the recognition he deserves after his retirement if he never wins the belt.

As for who I would favour. Really hard to say. Two of the longest winning streaks (Max 13 and Tony 11) in the whole of the UFC going head to head. Tony leaves a lot of openings in the striking exchanges and Max can find his chin with his accuracy but doesn't have KO power. Tony's unpredictability will enable him to land a big elbow/ backfist or two that will have Max in trouble at some stage IMO. Both guys with unreal gas tanks and chins so I say it's a 5 round war. I'd say it's primarily a stand up fight with Max able to avoid the TD. Max by split decision if I'm forced to pick but don't feel good about picking against Tony.

* Colby can be funny at times
9336a991a3da0e6abbf095bb03091809.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back