General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That was gold! Why would you do that when he could have coasted to second...

What about Larson bouncing off walls to make it through.

Last lap was ******* hectic.

Geez, people dragging it down to a fricken V8.

MG and Invited British cars were mainly V8s. MGB GTV8 and Triumph TR7. the Historics had a couple of Mustangs. The sportscars had one later model Mustang. A few Commodores and Monaros in Improved Production. The Sports Sedans were mainly V8s, including old supercars that I think had a 6ltr fitted.

Geez, people dragging it down to a fricken V8.

MG and Invited British cars were mainly V8s. MGB GTV8 and Triumph TR7. the Historics had a couple of Mustangs. The sportscars had one later model Mustang. A few Commodores and Monaros in Improved Production. The Sports Sedans were mainly V8s, including old supercars that I think had a 6ltr fitted.

I like the State round events, reckon they serve up a great mix of racing. The Formula Fords was some of the best racing I've seen all year I reckon.

Sports Cars will always have a low entry, simply because of the cost involved in the cars. MG & British are always mostly the same cars so they're only ever so big. And Historics actually started with ten entries on the weekend, but steadily lost numbers over the weekend due to mechanical issues.

Wow, someone else knows about Vic state racing?

The Historic touring cars are just garbage now. The cars are now really fricken old, and anyone who has one is fricken old as well. They're not going out on the track, and any prospective 30-50yo with cash is not going to buy one of them to go racing.

You know what's good about the MG/British cars for the prospective competitor? You can buy a relative inexpensive car ($30000), be ok but not as good as the big MGB GTV8. However, those guys don't always compete in all the rounds, but there's always some. SO if you compete the whole season, it's possible to not win a heat, but win the standings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Gary Paffet won’t the DTM

Yep , Rene Rast won the last 6 races of the championship and still only finished 2nd.

Paffett sends Mercedes out a winner ( leaving DTM to concentrate on Formula E )

Aric Almirola finally breaks his duck to win at Talladega , Kurt Busch had it done to death and ran out of fuel with a qtr lap left

The new Adelaide Motorsport Festival video is out.

Names such as Slade, Lowndes, Allister McRae, David Brabham and Ivan Capelli feature.

Would be surprised if NASCAR want anything to do with an international road race this late into their Playoffs (rovals notwithstanding)

In other news, just flicking through the wasteland that is post-midnight FTA television and who do I see but bloody Will Power on the Project replay.