General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone give a **** about the Targa Tasmania? Even though I hardly follow it, I still think it's a great event and great addition to Australian motorsport.

I don't follow it super closely but watch the highlights every day. Entertaining and a fantastic event.

Steve Johnson just said on radio that the full time Supercars guys have been instructed not to race in TCR.

Lots of drivers did both V8s and Super Tourers back in the day. Even though the racing was more interesting in the 2 litres, the V8s ultimately won out. I thought we want to encourage manufacturers into racing in Australia? Silly selfish move.

Lots of drivers did both V8s and Super Tourers back in the day. Even though the racing was more interesting in the 2 litres, the V8s ultimately won out. I thought we want to encourage manufacturers into racing in Australia? Silly selfish move.
Was always gonna happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vale Niki Lauda :(

Niki gave so much to the sport both on and off the track. Will be greatly missed :'(:'(

You that the track for that race was a random rectangle section of public roads?

You can drive on them now at Phillip Island.
1939 GP was in a small town near me called Lobethal. I tried doing a lap one day, couldn't get it done as a couple roads no longer existed !!