General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year, West was found guilty of doping - an "irregular substance" was found in his blood. They have never confirmed what the substance was. As this was his second offence, his racing licence was revoked. He went to Brazil to race this year as they were outside of the FIM's jurisdiction. Regardless, they've managed to wield their power to get him dumped.

I'm not into conspiracies much but this whole situation smells of a stitch up from the very start.

https://www.mcnews.com.au/anthony-west-denies-any-wrongdoing-fim-anti-doping/

West does have a bit of the Anthony Goberts about him, but this seems very suspect.

West does have a bit of the Anthony Goberts about him, but this seems very suspect.

Not really. Gobert was a party boy who was so talented that he continually had factories throwing contracts at him.

West had had to fight and scrap for his career and always seemed to land in the right place at the wrong time.

Last year he sold pretty much everything he owned to start his own team in World Supersport to go racing. He also took nearly every paying domestic ride he could find. As someone who already fell foul of an illegal substance earlier in his career, I find it highly dubious he would risk it with so much on the line.

Not really. Gobert was a party boy who was so talented that he continually had factories throwing contracts at him.

West had had to fight and scrap for his career and always seemed to land in the right place at the wrong time.

Last year he sold pretty much everything he owned to start his own team in World Supersport to go racing. He also took nearly every paying domestic ride he could find. As someone who already fell foul of an illegal substance earlier in his career, I find it highly dubious he would risk it with so much on the line.
Some people are just dumb though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently a sensor detected a puncture. Then instead of swapping all tyres they just replaced the one that was puncture. But as it turned out it was the wrong tyre! SO it then suffered a full puncture anyway.

Personally, I think there is some "behind the scenes" BS happening so that Alonso could win.

We'll have to look it up more to raise suspicions further.

TA2 SECURES TV DEAL

The series has announced that highlights from the remaining four rounds of the series as well as Round 2 at Morgan Park back in April will be shown and replayed in a half-hour package on Fox Sports Channel 506