General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Take them up on this, dont allow it to be relocated to some corner of the city as happened in Perth, closed Claremont (Friday night is speedway night) & built a new facility at Kwinana, great facility but a cut lunch & a water bag from the developing northern suburbs.

nsw-government-promises-new-sydney-speedway/

Take them up on this, dont allow it to be relocated to some corner of the city as happened in Perth, closed Claremont (Friday night is speedway night) & built a new facility at Kwinana, great facility but a cut lunch & a water bag from the developing northern suburbs.

nsw-government-promises-new-sydney-speedway/
Apparently the land that is being acquired where the current speedway is was gifted to the State government on the premise it would be used for motor racing. There’s a big stink coming for sure.

20 years ago this morning, Greg Moore had his horrific crash which ended his life.
this one still gets me. greg moore could have been anything. one of the worst motorsports crashes I've ever seen still

It happened last week, but I was watching the WRC highlights yesterday. For the first time since the Howard government, somebody not named "Sebastien" won the WRC. And it just happened to be the random name of "Ott" Tanak.

Does anybody follow the BTCC? I don't, but they had a cracker of a series fight. Colin Turkington wins his fourth series by 2pts over Andrew Jordan and Dan Cammish (Who led the points going into the last race)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To have the kind of money to buy all of that........

WRC - Sebastien Ogier leaves Citroen for Toyota, and Citroen decide to leave the series!

On another note. Not that it caused a huge kerfuffle on here, but the bushfires meant Rally Australia was cancelled. Now that there'll be a rotation between us an NZ to host a WRC round, Australia won't hold one for another two years. Therefore a three year gap between the Rally.

This is an enjoyable video, especially eye opening on the physicality of F1 cars and a good explanation to the uninitiated as to why F1 drivers really are athletes.

“Can a regular person drive an F1 car?”
The answer is NO.
If the question was...
”Can a regular person drive a pig of an F1 car?”...
Then the answer is YES!

But he doesn't have a dig at Renault? He giving an insight into what Ricciardo could be dealing with personally?

Although it's another outstanding lecture on F1 by Hakkinen. I don't know anyone who gives a greater insight of what goes in an F1 team, and what guys of his calibre could be experincing.

His opions on Hamilton's title win and what Gasly could be dealing with at RB are audio gold! (From 13:30 and 24:30)