General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

But he doesn't have a dig at Renault? He giving an insight into what Ricciardo could be dealing with personally?

Although it's another outstanding lecture on F1 by Hakkinen. I don't know anyone who gives a greater insight of what goes in an F1 team, and what guys of his calibre could be experincing.

His opions on Hamilton's title win and what Gasly could be dealing with at RB are audio gold! (From 13:30 and 24:30)

OK havin a dig might be a little misleading. In any case I read that from Mikka as pining for the talents of Daniel to be in a "good" car - hardly endorsing team Renault.

OK havin a dig might be a little misleading. In any case I read that from Mikka as pining for the talents of Daniel to be in a "good" car - hardly endorsing team Renault.

Renault know they arent competitive, 2020 is the year the factory decide whether to go on in F1, a big payout for Dan is not what he needs.

Renault know they arent competitive, 2020 is the year the factory decide whether to go on in F1, a big payout for Dan is not what he needs.

Yeah I get that, personally I'm also a little p155ed that Daniel went to Renault. Would be like Dusty or De Goey goin to North, what's interesting is that Mikka can blatantly call (and rightly so) the Renault not a "good car" and Renault are like. meh. (Unless they have rebutted in some way that I don't know of)

And the industry is like tumbleweeds. Only in F1 eh!

Yeah I get that, personally I'm also a little p155ed that Daniel went to Renault. Would be like Dusty or De Goey goin to North, what's interesting is that Mikka can blatantly call (and rightly so) the Renault not a "good car" and Renault are like. meh. (Unless they have rebutted in some way that I don't know of)

And the industry is like tumbleweeds. Only in F1 eh!

Why would Renault deny it now, it was admitted during season 2019, couldnt find a link, so try this one: https://racer.com/2019/12/24/insight-where-the-f1-teams-stand-over-the-winter-part-2/

Agree with you, the move to Renault was not good, though made it easier to get up the morning after, Dan retires so off to bed.

It takes more than pure talent to get to F1 & Jack Doohan appears to have most of the ingredients - courtesy of Micks business* acumen, the kids giving it a red hot go:

Jack Doohan takes F3 Asia win in slippery Sepang

& Europe:
Ferrari protégé Enzo Fittipaldi and 2019 Red Bull junior Jack Doohan will step up to Formula 3 this year at HWA Racelab, alongside the returning Jake Hughes.

Fittipaldi, grandson of two-time F1 champion Emerson, finished runner-up to Prema-bound Frederik Vesti in the rebranded Formula Regional European Championship last year.

Doohan, 16-year-old son of five-time MotoGP champion Mick, competed in Euroformula Open last year and has been part of Red Bull's junior scheme since 2018.

*https://www.globaljet.com.au/charter-aircraft/#fleet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asian LeMans at the Bend this weekend, using the long circuit (4 hour race).

Friday entry is apparently free. The race is on fox.
What was that race last weekend then ?

Ricky Brabec has become the first American to win the Dakar Rally. In doing so, he also handed Honda their first Dakar win in 31 years and broke KTMs 18 year stranglehold of the event.

Toby Price finished 3rd, his 5th podium in 6 starts.
Seemed like the terrain this year didn’t suit Toby as much, he had a pretty clean run other than losing a rear wheel at some stage that cost him on one stage.

One of the highest quality USA contingents at the Grand Annual Sprintcar Classic this year.
Back on the Australia Day long weekend and doesn’t clash with the chili bowl which was last weekend.
Kyle Larson is flying in for it and a couple of other pre events in Avalon and Mount Gambier.

One of the highest quality USA contingents at the Grand Annual Sprintcar Classic this year.
Back on the Australia Day long weekend and doesn’t clash with the chili bowl which was last weekend.
Kyle Larson is flying in for it and a couple of other pre events in Avalon and Mount Gambier.

Bad night at Warrnambool:
The American crashed heavily in his second heat race, and then blew an engine in the B-main, failing to qualify for the night one final.

Weeks out from the start of the NASCAR season beginning at Daytona, Larson will now need a miracle just to make Sunday night’s Classic finale.

Bad night at Warrnambool:
The American crashed heavily in his second heat race, and then blew an engine in the B-main, failing to qualify for the night one final.

Weeks out from the start of the NASCAR season beginning at Daytona, Larson will now need a miracle just to make Sunday night’s Classic finale.

Yeah bad night for Kyle, had no where to go in his 2nd heat.
Poor qualifying didn’t help.
Few $’s worth went west last night.
Probably a higher quality field tonight.