Analysis General Player Discussion Thread (formerly 'breakout year' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, when Rhyce took over as coach last year the first thing he did was put Jack back in the midfield, turnovers and all.

I reckon that's where he'll play in 2020 hey.
I agree. He has so much impact to offer in the midfield - we have other forwards as good as he is - particularly with his poor set shot conversion recently. Of course he is in our best 22. I just want to see a coach start to make an issue of his main deficiency (as I see it), and help him address it. Stop turning it over Jack!

Simpkin: Averages 20+ all year, 6-8 Brownlow votes and keeps improving every year
Zurhaar: Turns into a handy small forward for us, continues to kill everyone with his tackling
Larkey: Ends up average 1.5-2 goals a game this season, starts hitting the gym and turns into a lethal forward
LDU: Does the same as Simpkin (mentioned by someone else)
Durdin: Should finally breakout and become a handy player for us
Hosie: Will make his debut and kick around 15-20 goals, won't be as goal bound due to the Souvlarkey and Brown combo

Larkey: Ends up average 1.5-2 goals a game this season, starts hitting the gym and turns into a lethal forward
Disagree with the 'must get bigger' mantra. IF he and the coaches think it will impact other areas of the game, why mess with what has worked to this point?

Adds alot more stress to other parts of the body like, hips, knees and ankles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back