General Political Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

A website that has the data or the links is fine but that is NOT what they are doing and NOT what/ who they have modelled themselves from is doing.

a paid for site with commentary needs checks and balances to retain integrity. Anyone looking at a site like this rather than the source is already likely to be biased and probably as using your wording "unhinged".
What is this?

If you want to check the data, search the register. If you can find it.

OH WAIT! THEY LINK DIRECTLY TO THE PDF OF HIS STATEMENT!

What is this?

If you want to check the data, search the register. If you can find it.

OH WAIT! THEY LINK DIRECTLY TO THE PDF OF HIS STATEMENT!

Have you bothered to read who they have modelled themselves on?

All they're doing is collating the information so you don't have to. Can't see what the problem is.
Correct 'G'. The initial post was collating the info. As I said, the intention as I understand it is the "scrutiny of the private interests of our federal politicians - their investment properties, family trusts, share portfolios, and debts, as well as the gifts, trips, and entertainment many receive from those seeking to influence the political system". It's quite broad This is merely the beginning.

There is already a post on political connections to the gambling industry.

Kwalo has nothing to do all day and all day to do it so pernickety shots which display him/her not 'getting it' is common.

*kicks oneself for breaking the habit of replying*

Labor should get up if they continue the softly softly approach.

Up until a point - IMO they need to get more aggressive come election time.

A few slogans should do it:
  • SCOTTY THE LIAR
  • SCOTTY THE SHIRKER
  • SCOTTY THE BLUDGER
  • LYIN' SCOTT
  • SCOTTY THE SPREADER
  • SCOTTY FROM MARKETING
  • SCOTTY THE JOB-KILLER
  • SACK THE SCOTT

You have to focus on his 1) lying, manipulative nature, 2) his tendency to do nothing during a crisis until it's too late, 3) his responsibility for spreading the plague, 4) his responsibility for destroying the economy.

• SCOTTY THE LIAR
  • SCOTTY THE SHIRKER
  • SCOTTY THE BLUDGER
  • LYIN' SCOTT
  • SCOTTY THE SPREADER
  • SCOTTY FROM MARKETING
  • SCOTTY THE JOB-KILLER
  • SACK THE SCOTT

You have to focus on his 1) lying, manipulative nature, 2) his tendency to do nothing during a crisis until it's too late, 3) his responsibility for spreading the plague, 4) his responsibility for destroying the economy.
Scotty the bludger is perfect

• SCOTTY THE LIAR
  • SCOTTY THE SHIRKER
  • SCOTTY THE BLUDGER
  • LYIN' SCOTT
  • SCOTTY THE SPREADER
  • SCOTTY FROM MARKETING
  • SCOTTY THE JOB-KILLER
  • SACK THE SCOTT

I thought we had one of the lowest unemployment rate, being ~4%, in 25 years. Only equalled by the mining boom in ~2007?

I thought we had one of the lowest unemployment rate, being ~4%, in 25 years. Only equalled by the mining boom in ~2007?

Perception matters, not reality.

People who have given up looking for work and/or are not on Centrelink aren't counted.

The idea that real unemployment would be at a historical low during a pandemic and rolling lockdowns is absurd at face value.

Underemployment has almost certainly increased recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perception matters, not reality.

People who have given up looking for work and/or are not on Centrelink aren't counted.

The idea that real unemployment would be at a historical low during a pandemic and rolling lockdowns is absurd at face value.

Underemployment has almost certainly increased recently.

I just look at the list and can't help but hear TRUMP

Hopefully Albo doesn't fall for trumpisms

For a guy who has won already, I'm sure he won't want to go down that path.

I just look at the list and can't help but hear TRUMP

Hopefully Albo doesn't fall for trumpisms

For a guy who has won already, I'm sure he won't want to go down that path.
Hang about, you've just compared Albanese to Trump. Even by your standards that's a stretch.

Hang about, you've just compared Albanese to Trump. Even by your standards that's a stretch.

No Gough, I did not compare Albo to Trump, In fact I see Albo anything but Trump.

What it did say was "I just look at the list and can't help but hear TRUMP"

So I compared that list to Trump

Why do you get things so wrong in your head?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back