General Political Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

It saddens me that people believe a 5% corporate tax cut will benefit Australia.
Why would the big companies (many of whom pay little tax already) the feel overtly generous to then spend similar to that portion on new employment, investment when realistically they will just make more money.

Are people too dumb to realise where that tax money goes towards....public projects i.e. roads, hospitals, pt.

But nah googles a good company but

Corporate power and influence has come to this. Blatant censorship! It's a f***king disgrace.

The Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) recently unveiled its eight-week campaign to overhaul workplace laws so that workers have more secure jobs and higher wages.

But billboard company APN Outdoor has denied the union access to advertising space on buses across Australia’s major capital cities.

http://bit.ly/2FRkDvn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a big unionist, but you can't compel private companies to take money if they don't want it.
When it comes to blatant censorship you can seek reasons and if those reasons show discrimination there are courses of action open to you. Not following industry standards being one and publicly admonishing them by showing them up for what is a gross misuse of their power and influence is another.

When it comes to blatant censorship you can seek reasons and if those reasons show discrimination there are courses of action open to you. Not following industry standards being one and publicly admonishing them by showing them up for what is a gross misuse of their power and influence is another.
Where is the line? Is a television station refusing to air anti-vaxxer ads fair, or is it censorship?

Where is the line? Is a television station refusing to air anti-vaxxer ads fair, or is it censorship?
It depends on whether it is reasonable and conforms to industry standards - as I said. As with all matters of this type it's case-by-case.

Back to this matter. Knocking an advertiser back purely because it's too negative is very weak case and smacks of discrimination.

Does that even it up a little based on the Victorian numbers helping Labor?

I am surprised they chose Port Adelaide. Long standing seat and has had some crackers from there

I couldn't say.

( further justifying Hernes statement that i just post s**t :rolleyes: )

From left field, Does Fryzer look like a future liberal leadership candidate? I suppose it depends which factions the electorate sticks the boot in hardest at the next election.

Fryzer does come from manliest old electorate (which is where I live by the way)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back