General Political Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

What's that supposed to be? I feel like I've jumped down a badger hole of someone trying to be too clever by half in their disdain for someone that shares differing political opinions.

Most people would hit google BEFORE jumping in to have a sook
I'll be here when you get back.

Erm yes. lol. People don't support free speech based on whether or not someone criticises Nauru or not. Jesus Christ.
Oh so free speech has limitations and depends on topic? Okay, then, thanks for your opinion.

Oh so free speech has limitations and depends on topic? Okay, then, thanks for your opinion.

Sorry, what? I literally just said free speech does not have limitations on whether Nauru is being discussed or not, lol.

OK that you mis-read my post...how on earth did the 3 people that liked it, also do the same? Sheep groupthink here lol.

Most people would hit google BEFORE jumping in to have a sook
I'll be here when you get back.

OK googled:

Wikipedia: "Neckbeard" is a pejorative term and stereotype for men who exhibit characteristics such as social awkwardness, underachievement or pretentiousness.

Considering the statement had come from a One Nation candidate, espousing policy aimed at One Nation voters, I hardly think ON voters in Qld or Western Sydney would be classed as "pretentious" or "socially awkward". More like blabbering loud-mouth bogans.

Seems like you tried to shoe-horn an insult into a discussion, which didn't fit, in order to simply label those on the other side as "losers".

Sorry, what? I literally just said free speech does not have limitations on whether Nauru is being discussed or not, lol.

OK that you mis-read my post...how on earth did the 3 people that liked it, also do the same? Sheep groupthink here lol.
Literally? I don't think so.
Maybe you should re-read what you wrote or maybe you mis-read my post as I presume you are aware that this government does every thing it can to restrict those that have worked on Nauru and even deported those who have tried to speak out.

So do you applaud his award? (In simple terms a yes or no will suffice).

OK googled:

Wikipedia: "Neckbeard" is a pejorative term and stereotype for men who exhibit characteristics such as social awkwardness, underachievement or pretentiousness.

Considering the statement had come from a One Nation candidate, espousing policy aimed at One Nation voters, I hardly think ON voters in Qld or Western Sydney would be classed as "pretentious" or "socially awkward". More like blabbering loud-mouth bogans.

Seems like you tried to shoe-horn an insult into a discussion, which didn't fit, in order to simply label those on the other side as "losers".

giphy.gif

What are you , the discussion police ??

Suck it up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure free speech advocates will applaud this.

A doctor on Nauru ...has been awarded a global award for free speech.

Dr Nick Martin, ..., spoke out publicly against ...

Erm yes. lol. People don't support free speech based on whether or not someone criticises Nauru or not. Jesus Christ.

Literally? I don't think so.
Maybe you should re-read what you wrote or maybe you mis-read my post as I presume you are aware that this government does every thing it can to restrict those that have worked on Nauru and even deported those who have tried to speak out.

So do you applaud his award? (In simple terms a yes or no will suffice).

I've just re-read what you wrote. You asked whether free speech advocates would applaud this. I directly responded to your question by saying yes, that support for free speech is not based on whether someone is or is not criticising Nauru, lol.

This is the most bizarre convo I've had on this site. More bizarre is how 3 people liked your obvious mistake of a post attacking me in the first place, lol.

I've just re-read what you wrote. You asked whether free speech advocates would applaud this. I directly responded to your question by saying yes, that support for free speech is not based on whether someone is or is not criticising Nauru, lol.

This is the most bizarre convo I've had on this site. More bizarre is how 3 people liked your obvious mistake of a post attacking me in the first place, lol.
pressing like is free speech

Me too very strange.

I read his reply as being ok with the doctor getting the award, and that free speech doesn’t have limitations depending on topic. Not sure how you flipped it the other way.

So what you are saying is that Labor made a deficit of 56 billion and Howard erased it. That's what I said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or another way of putting it would be

Howard sold off a bunch of enterprises that gave the government a constant income - to pay off a debt

Sorta like if you owned a big company that made you 3 million a year

And bought a house worth 20 million - but decided you didnt want to have that debt so you sold your company to pay it off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back