Mega Thread General Pre-Season Discussion, News and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nope - having seen Heeney at the academy first hand, I'm sure Roos would have been thrilled to bring him to the Demons at P2. Heeney has that much potential and is already well on the road to delivering on it.

Interesting that Heeney wasn't even mentioned in dispatches early last season. But because he touched up a couple of the so called best draft potentials while playing in the TAC Cup he was suddenly a top 5 pick. A few people I know rate him top 10-15 but hardly top 5. Interesting the other day the journalist rated him top 3. bloody confusing. I know from reading articles, Isaac and his family are sick and tired of all the fuss and his name being a catch-cry for Academy baiting. The fact is we did get a good deal on all the Academy picks but they have yet to prove anything yet. Funny nobody gave a s**t that we could get Perris under the old Scholarship Scheme on the Rookie list even though he would have been top 20 as well.

Can we wait and see how he goes in a half back flank role before we Jettason him back across the Nullabor?

He has a lot of similarities with Malceski. Good kick, hands, speed and decision making. And Malceski was never the toughest player, but he invariably took on the 3rd/4th forward and went in when it was his turn.

One area I think we'll miss Malceski, and Shaw eventually, are the kick-ins. I think Jetta has huge potential to take over this responsibility along with McVeigh.

One of the problems I had was the kick ins and the fact they were far too structured and predictable. There were only a few scenarios. Mal kicks to himself goes for run, hb to Macca, gets hb back kicks. Mal kicks short kick gets hb from recipient on way out kicks long to nobody. Mal kicks long to pack. Mal & Macca wax ball until it comes unstuck. I don't think we were ever the best at bringing in the ball, too slow & predictable. Where we won a lot of ball was our defensive structure and the mids running back to help. We rebounded more from turnovers than any other side. The kick ins were only 50% effective and that includes balls to a pack to get ball out of bounds.

I think Mal leaving might just make us a little less predictable but we need to use Macca in a different role not just replace Mal with another player who will play the same defensive role and wax with Macca.

Not too sure but was purely basing mine on players with senior exp.

My first choice would be to free rampe up and play him exactly the same as mal.

He is couragous,a good readee of the footy and very hard to tackle. He has a booming kick which is becoming more accurate every season

He's on the track now. There was an article about it but I can't find it.

I like it. Just depends on what "reasonable time" means. I'd think like 2-3 steps would be it but it'll change from ump to ump

It means the umpire has to interpret whether a player has plenty of time or not. Not a good situation when umpires need to interpret as they are s**t at it and all of them interpret differently.

Dew saying Reid still training in defence , looking forward to the NAB/this year and hope its the making of him , might get some confidence and excel. HOPE

Funny you know he played defence in his junior footy and his brother was the forward. Now it seems they are shifting to their atural roles. Ben forward, if he ever gets off the injury list, Sam back.

It means the umpire has to interpret whether a player has plenty of time or not. Not a good situation when umpires need to interpret as they are s**t at it and all of them interpret differently.
Yeah that was my issue. Each ump being different and some being somewhat biased

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse me but Perris was at the Academy. He was taken as a Scholarship player but he was on the Swans Academy list. try these articles and the Academy list;

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/player-profile/lloyd-perris

https://plus.google.com/ SydneySwans/posts/9hQ8Zu91Kor

The myth is he was taken as an Academy pick, not as a scholarship player pick regardless of the fact he was in the Academy as you point out. Your basically feeding the myth in answering in the way you did because a) I'm not stupid as to how how Perris came to us and b) I was responding to an article calling him an academy pick when he isn't thus "the myth"

The myth is he was taken as an Academy pick, not as a scholarship player pick regardless of the fact he was in the Academy as you point out. Your basically feeding the myth in answering in the way you did because a) I'm not stupid as to how how Perris came to us and b) I was responding to an article calling him an academy pick when he isn't thus "the myth"

This is your post;

'and the myth of Perris being from our academy continues:rolleyes:'

that would suggest that Perris has never been to the Academy. Has never been a member of the Academy. What you should have said was the 'myth that he was taken as an Academy Pick' still persists not that he is from our Academy. He is definitely from our Academy. He was one of the inaugeral members of our Academy! So I am nit picking just as you usually do. Be specific or be ready to cop flack mate.

This is your post;

'and the myth of Perris being from our academy continues:rolleyes:'

that would suggest that Perris has never been to the Academy. Has never been a member of the Academy. What you should have said was the 'myth that he was taken as an Academy Pick' still persists not that he is from our Academy. He is definitely from our Academy. He was one of the inaugeral members of our Academy! So I am nit picking just as you usually do. Be specific or be ready to cop flack mate.
Give it a rest , who cares. He's one of ours.

Ok now that we have settled the question of how Perris came to us let's return to topic please.

My preseason training is getting some solid game time in now. Today I watched for the 2006 qualifying final.

I loved how the fat boy wets himself. "Front row tickets to Subiaco $55. Getting a face full of a rampaging Micky O, priceless".

There is a vacancy on the Commission.

Former Channel Nine boss Jeff Browne has been linked to the role. It’s been reported Browne has the support of Collingwood president Eddie McGuire and West Coast chairman Alan Cransberg, two people who are on the nominations sub-committee.

McGuire also has a strong relationship Long.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl.../story-e6frf3e3-1227234449200?from=public_rss

This is why McGuire word is taken as a gospel he has a hand and influence in every AFL position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back