Remove this Banner Ad

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Ugh, I had that happen on my phone once. Try uninstalling your browser, doing a full AV scan/fix and then restart your computer and reinstall your browser.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Hi
First time posting in this part of bigfooty.

Ive noticed that double tapping on my iPad (near the clock at the top) is no longer scrolling up to the top of the page (say in safari or Facebook etc).
Have I accidentally changed a setting somewhere?

Never realised how much I used it!
Thanks

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
My PC has started to run extremely slowly lately and i keep getting this flash shockwave plug in error popping up the top of the webpage :ie: stop pluggin ect

"A plug in (Shockwave flash) isnt responding - Stop Pluggin" Id the error msg

Any thoughts ive been having a look on the net tried what they said and it hasnt worked.

Cheers

dylan123 ricardogp ?? any ideas

Usually occurs when you are using Google chrome, so I'll assume you're using that for now.

If so, your browser is out of date and you have both Java options enabled.

Chrome uses its own Java plugin so there used to be 2 options, one for the Java on chrome and from your PC - but the latest chrome builds removed the 2nd option and fixed the shockwave bug altogether.

It wouldn't contribute to your PC being slow by the way, that would be a different concern but I'd have to know if you're using an SSD of HDD.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Usually occurs when you are using Google chrome, so I'll assume you're using that for now.

If so, your browser is out of date and you have both Java options enabled.

Chrome uses its own Java plugin so there used to be 2 options, one for the Java on chrome and from your PC - but the latest chrome builds removed the 2nd option and fixed the shockwave bug altogether.

It wouldn't contribute to your PC being slow by the way, that would be a different concern but I'd have to know if you're using an SSD of HDD.

Okay yes its Chrome

So what do i do? How to i update?

Its slow loading i disabled some other plug ins last night as that was google was saying to do but will slow before this. Just the loading of internet pages is really slow, everything else seems okay.

Okay yes its Chrome

So what do i do? How to i update?

Its slow loading i disabled some other plug ins last night as that was google was saying to do but will slow before this. Just the loading of internet pages is really slow, everything else seems okay.
To update the browser you need to go to the chrome menu (3 little bars, top right corner near your visible plugins) and there should be an update chrome button in the menu.

If there isn't, try the about google chrome button in the menu and it should check your browser version for you.

Also the plugins you added, if you didn't need them then I would suggest deleting them from the plugins page.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
To update the browser you need to go to the chrome menu (3 little bars, top right corner near your visible plugins) and there should be an update chrome button in the menu.

If there isn't, try the about google chrome button in the menu and it should check your browser version for you.

Also the plugins you added, if you didn't need them then I would suggest deleting them from the plugins page.

I didnt add any plug ins, so im not sure whats happened

Im with windows 10, it said there is no updates required when i clicked on the 3 bars top right. Nothing came up so apparently it should all be updated then.

Wheres the about google chrome button? Its not in the 3 bar menu?

Appreciate the help your giving

I didnt add any plug ins, so im not sure whats happened

Im with windows 10, it said there is no updates required when i clicked on the 3 bars top right. Nothing came up so apparently it should all be updated then.

Wheres the about google chrome button? Its not in the 3 bar menu?

Appreciate the help your giving
Sorry, should be 3 bar menu -> help -> about google chrome

That will tell you if its up to date.

I have a Google account, which I sign in to wherever I use Chrome.

A while ago, I managed to sync all of my bookmarks, so that whatever I added at work would be saved when I logged onto my comptuer at home and vice versa. Even things that I bookmarked on my phone would be there on my computer at work/home.

However as of about 6 months ago, the bookmarks no longer sync.

I now have 3 separate bookmark sets: work, home, phone, and for the life of me I can't get them to stay lynked/synced.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be great.

Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Ok

I have this problem with my Toshiba satelite touchpad. For some reason, sometimes the right button thinks its the left button (i,e occasionally when i click the right button, it acts as left click) I don't know why this is.

any ideas?

usually i can deal with it, but its costing me a lot of minesweeper games

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Ok

I have this problem with my Toshiba satelite touchpad. For some reason, sometimes the right button thinks its the left button (i,e occasionally when i click the right button, it acts as left click) I don't know why this is.

any ideas?

usually i can deal with it, but its costing me a lot of minesweeper games
I can't remember how to do it but sometimes I remember the mouse buttons switching. Just right clicking on the desktop and see if you can find any settings there that may have been changed.

NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
AFL Member so all clubs I guess.
Under Control Panel --> Mouse --> Second tab "Buttons"

There is a setting 'switch primary and secondsry buttons' Check that this is unticked

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Juve, Claremont, GSW
Alright, so I dunno if this is the right thread and I'll prob make a new thread anyway, just looking for quick answers.
My first graphics card was kinda warping/sinking down, it eventually stopped working properly so I replaced it.
The next one I got is a smaller card, due to not wanting to deal with any issues (case/mobo sort of small)
This one recently blew out so I'm getting a new card and I'm trying to decide on which one.

I realised that my first card weighed roughly 1.7kg+ which is crazy.
I have lined up a few replacements and need your advice.

http://www.msy.com.au/wa/balcatta/g...c-4gd-4g-gtx-960-mini-itx-pci-e-vga-card.html
Made for smaller boxes, mine isn't small, but as above - had concerns about it sinking.
This one I assume would have no issues at all.

http://www.msy.com.au/wa/balcatta/p...-n960oc-4gd-4g-gtx-960-oc-pci-e-vga-card.html
This one is slightly cheaper and very slightly bigger but shouldn't have a problem with it. Not sure if the specs are better than the first though, seems like they might be?

http://www.msy.com.au/wa/balcatta/p...ming-4g-4g-gtx-960-gaming-pci-e-vga-card.html
This last one is the most expensive and definitely the biggest - however it seems to only weigh under 900g.
This might be alright and it seems to have better specs, but not sure if its like 40-50 dollar specs, as well as the very slight risk of it being quite bigger than the others.

For the record, that first card was about 30+cm and 1.7kg, the middle ones are I think about 700ish grams and 17-18cm.
Last one is 27cm and 900ish grams.

Let me know which one would be the best out of the 3, I don't mind getting something slightly more expensive or even cheaper if it's worth it.

Thanks guys.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
When you say sinking, don't you have a thumbscrew to put in to the backplate (or whatever it's called) to keep it in position?

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Alright, so I dunno if this is the right thread and I'll prob make a new thread anyway, just looking for quick answers.
My first graphics card was kinda warping/sinking down, it eventually stopped working properly so I replaced it.
The next one I got is a smaller card, due to not wanting to deal with any issues (case/mobo sort of small)
This one recently blew out so I'm getting a new card and I'm trying to decide on which one.

I realised that my first card weighed roughly 1.7kg+ which is crazy.
I have lined up a few replacements and need your advice.

http://www.msy.com.au/wa/balcatta/g...c-4gd-4g-gtx-960-mini-itx-pci-e-vga-card.html
Made for smaller boxes, mine isn't small, but as above - had concerns about it sinking.
This one I assume would have no issues at all.

http://www.msy.com.au/wa/balcatta/p...-n960oc-4gd-4g-gtx-960-oc-pci-e-vga-card.html
This one is slightly cheaper and very slightly bigger but shouldn't have a problem with it. Not sure if the specs are better than the first though, seems like they might be?

http://www.msy.com.au/wa/balcatta/p...ming-4g-4g-gtx-960-gaming-pci-e-vga-card.html
This last one is the most expensive and definitely the biggest - however it seems to only weigh under 900g.
This might be alright and it seems to have better specs, but not sure if its like 40-50 dollar specs, as well as the very slight risk of it being quite bigger than the others.

For the record, that first card was about 30+cm and 1.7kg, the middle ones are I think about 700ish grams and 17-18cm.
Last one is 27cm and 900ish grams.

Let me know which one would be the best out of the 3, I don't mind getting something slightly more expensive or even cheaper if it's worth it.

Thanks guys.

Warping? If it happened to one card you could excuse it for a manufacturing fault, but if your system has killed multiple cards due to "warping/sinking" it might be worth looking at why it's happening.

Are you actually securing your cards properly? Maybe it's worth looking at a case that has supports/holders for video cards.

To answer your question though, the differences between the 3 cards are minimal, just get the cheaper one.

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Juve, Claremont, GSW
Warping? If it happened to one card you could excuse it for a manufacturing fault, but if your system has killed multiple cards due to "warping/sinking" it might be worth looking at why it's happening.

Are you actually securing your cards properly? Maybe it's worth looking at a case that has supports/holders for video cards.

To answer your question though, the differences between the 3 cards are minimal, just get the cheaper one.

I think there potentially could be an issue with the slot.
The first graphics card I had was very heavy and it seems like the slot doesn't seem super secure.
I have no clue how the other one broke, someone mentioned something could have fallen into the fan but I don't think so as the fan is facing the other way.

Yeah it seems like I'll grab the cheapest, not too heavy, big and as you said the difference between them all is minimal.
When the second one broke I was only on the computer for about 30 minutes before it just switched itself off.
Smelled burnt plastic so I left it off for a while, aired the room out etc.
When I turned it on something just blew on the graphics card as I had the side off to check, and it wouldn't go back on.
Everything else is completely fine though.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think there potentially could be an issue with the slot.
The first graphics card I had was very heavy and it seems like the slot doesn't seem super secure.
I have no clue how the other one broke, someone mentioned something could have fallen into the fan but I don't think so as the fan is facing the other way.

Yeah it seems like I'll grab the cheapest, not too heavy, big and as you said the difference between them all is minimal.
When the second one broke I was only on the computer for about 30 minutes before it just switched itself off.
Smelled burnt plastic so I left it off for a while, aired the room out etc.
When I turned it on something just blew on the graphics card as I had the side off to check, and it wouldn't go back on.
Everything else is completely fine though.

Yeah unless you've got some whacky PC case the graphics card fan should face down, and even if something did fall into it, it would most likely fly straight out, or cause the fan to make an amazing grinding sound that you should pick up on pretty quickly. If a card actually blew up it could be a motherboard/PSU issue.......... or you just have s**t luck with graphics cards.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Wifi tethering issue:

Ok so i am getting very slow to bupkis internet when i tether my phone's 4G Optus internet to my laptop via wifi.

The internet when browsing on the phone works fine.

The pc internet works fine when i connect via wifi to a different phone or a library wifi for example.

A different laptop, when tethering internet from my phone, works fine.

The only s**t combination is my phone and my laptop.

Any clues on a likely cause? I've heard that providers sometimes throttle you if you download excess via tethering (i don't think i do), but can they restrict this on one particular machine?

Any other possible causes?

I recently purchased a Samsung s5 from E-Bay. I am havig audio issues and a quick google search shows this issue is quite common.

I cannot hear the person on the other end of the phone line when I am making or receiving a phone call. How can this issue be rectified? I am hoping someone here has experienced the same problem and they can offer some guidance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back