General Problems Thread - 2016 onwards

Remove this Banner Ad

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I recently purchased a Samsung s5 from E-Bay. I am havig audio issues and a quick google search shows this issue is quite common.

I cannot hear the person on the other end of the phone line when I am making or receiving a phone call. How can this issue be rectified? I am hoping someone here has experienced the same problem and they can offer some guidance.

Does speakerphone work? Or the headset?

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nah that doesn't fix the problem, but I have heard others who experience the same problems seem to be able to rectify it by switching on speaker phone.

Didn't mean it as a fix, just that if speakerphone or a headset works it's possibly the speaker in the earpiece that's shat itself. Looks like it's replaceable (it's part of the casing) but you'd need a tech to do it.

Also a simple Google search came up with this......

Problem: Can’t hear caller or can’t be heard
Some Galaxy S5 owners have encountered a problem with the audio during calls. They either can’t hear the caller or, more commonly, the caller can’t hear them.

Workarounds:

• Hold down the Power key and tap Restart from the menu that appears. The problem might reoccur.
Potential solutions:

• Hold down the Power key and select Power off from the menu. Remove the battery and SIM card and replace them, then turn the S5 back on again to see if the problem is gone.
  • If people are struggling to hear you, check the microphone. The microphone is a pin hole on the bottom of the S5. Blow on it or use compressed air to ensure there’s nothing caught in there.
  • This might be related to Bluetooth. If you have a Bluetooth accessory that’s paired within range of the phone then maybe it’s trying to connect. Pull down the notification shade and turn Bluetooth off to check. You might have to go to Settings > Bluetooth and tell it to forget paired devices.
  • Some people found that wiping the cache partition helped. If you want to try it, then turn the S5 off via the Power key and the Power off option. Press and hold Volume up, Home, and the Power key together. When the S5 vibrates, let go of Power. When you see the Android recovery screen, let go of the other two and use Volume down to highlight the wipe cache partition option, then Power to select it.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/galaxy-s5-problems/#ixzz4GofQrF35
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

Sep 4, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets
A few issues.

Ipad screen is just white. Tried the home/lock button reset. Resord it through itunes. Still the same. Its the kids ipad now with a cheap replacement screen. Could it just be the screen?

Second is laptop. Adapter works. No lights on laptop. Wont turn on or charge battery. Not overly fussed about it. If its a cheap fix i would.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A few issues.

Ipad screen is just white. Tried the home/lock button reset. Resord it through itunes. Still the same. Its the kids ipad now with a cheap replacement screen. Could it just be the screen?

Second is laptop. Adapter works. No lights on laptop. Wont turn on or charge battery. Not overly fussed about it. If its a cheap fix i would.

With the iPad, if you can interact with it through iTunes (reset it, access basic stuff) it's probably just the screen.

With the laptop it could be anything from the PSU, to the battery, to the mainboard or charge circuit. Try powering it up without the battery plugged in.

Jorge

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Does anyone know an app for iOS that can be used for motion tracking? I want to make a videos and swap the faces, similar to the videos a lot of the betting companies have been putting up on their Facebook pages. Any help appreciated.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hey Chief, can I suggest renaming this thread from General Problems to something like

General Problems, Low Content, Random News or
General Problems, Low Content or merely
Low Content

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Can someone help me do this? I have a pdf, github account and a domain.

I want to upload the pdf to github and point my domain to github to display the pdf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Anyone had the problem of

Blue screen: Thread stuck in Devier Driver (Error) before

I have a HP probably only 2 years old but really not letting me do anything. I have searched the problem but the laptop really isnt letting me do anything at the moment ie: move the mouse

And it keeps turning off after i turn it on ect

Help would be greatly appreciated

AngryRanga

Yo Yeah
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toby Greene, Man City, Timberwolves
My usual method for browsing BigFooty is to open my alerts, and control click to open every alert in a separate tab for me to work through.

However, from today, some threads open in a new tab, then the tab immediately closes while its loading. This only happens when I'm opening them in a new tab, if I open them in the tab I'm currently in it works fine. This is Chrome/Windows 10. Does anyone have any suggestions?

not sure where the best place to put this would be but this seemed better than creating a new thread...

my Norton subscription is up for renewal and they are asking for $90 for a year. seems expensive so I decided to have a look around for other providers.

found McAfee at a far better price that gives me what seems the same security and uses on three devices.

https://promos.mcafee.com/offer.asp...Hh9DdFRYOHbXRwO7cqxoC57wQAvD_BwE&ctst=1&pir=1

my questions are, is this a smart way to go? any other providers that people could recommend? best deals people are aware of?

thanks in advance :)

Dec 1, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
I have a Dell laptop. It was having more and more battery problems until eventually it began saying "Plugged in, not charging", and once the battery eventually got to 0%, the computer would die as soon as the cable pulled out.

I wasn't 100% sure if the problem was with the cable or the battery, so to be safe I bought replacements for both. So I changed them over, but when the new battery is in, it says "Plugged in, no battery detected". Put the old battery with the new charger and it's the same old "Plugged in, not charging". Couldn't find another example online of people having this problem.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have a Dell laptop. It was having more and more battery problems until eventually it began saying "Plugged in, not charging", and once the battery eventually got to 0%, the computer would die as soon as the cable pulled out.

I wasn't 100% sure if the problem was with the cable or the battery, so to be safe I bought replacements for both. So I changed them over, but when the new battery is in, it says "Plugged in, no battery detected". Put the old battery with the new charger and it's the same old "Plugged in, not charging". Couldn't find another example online of people having this problem.

Charge circuit is probably dead. Talk to a Dell repair agent if it's out of warranty, if it's not part of the motherboard it might be cheap to fix.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Hey, i recently got my iMac back from the Frankston Apple store.
They fixed it under warranty, replaced the Graphic Card, but i have only just rebooted it, an the sound balance is off.
I went into Preferences and made sure the mix was even (Balanced)

When i drag the mouse all the way to get the mix trhough the Left side i have Audio, only when i drag it to the Right, there is nothing.

Not that it matters to much, i either use headphones (I have not checked to see if there affected yet) at night.
During the day i use powered speakers that dont run off the Macs Volume. They have their own volume controls.
Just Frustrating that i take the Mac into get fixed and it comes back with a Problem that didn't exist before it was in there care.

I looked up a few videos on youtube but that didnt fix anything

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Hey, i recently got my iMac back from the Frankston Apple store.
They fixed it under warranty, replaced the Graphic Card, but i have only just rebooted it, an the sound balance is off.
I went into Preferences and made sure the mix was even (Balanced)

When i drag the mouse all the way to get the mix trhough the Left side i have Audio, only when i drag it to the Right, there is nothing.

Not that it matters to much, i either use headphones (I have not checked to see if there affected yet) at night.
During the day i use powered speakers that dont run off the Macs Volume. They have their own volume controls.
Just Frustrating that i take the Mac into get fixed and it comes back with a Problem that didn't exist before it was in there care.

I looked up a few videos on youtube but that didnt fix anything

I'd be taking it back and to a different Apple store if possible.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyone successfully completed this windows 10 feature update? I have a new asus laptop that keeps crashing during installation then it does the old blue screen and rolls back, wtf even is this update? every time I shut down or reboot it wants to install it again it's beyond annoying.. crashed 3 times so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back