General Problems Thread: 2009 - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

sYPxkek.jpg

Seriously........ that kind of s**t would be a regular occurrence, even people who proudly proclaim they're "IT savvy" do this s**t. Hell I did 9 months in retail IT sales/support many years ago, and a few years helping out a local LAN gaming group and attempting to comprehend peoples idiotic issues scarred me for life.

When port forwarding, what am I supposed to put for Local IP Address? What I find in cmd/ipconfig, the ip address the device that needs this port is at, what do I put down? This s**t is rocket science to me and I can never get it to work.

And what is Unicast Maintenance Ranging and how do I make it * off

Probably just a driver issue then, update your LAN driver (grab the chipset manufacturer one)
Just seemed to disappear one day. Did nothing but Network Diagnostics which just kept resetting the adapter.

Problem just went away and now I can enjoy my super high speeds in all their glory.

When port forwarding, what am I supposed to put for Local IP Address? What I find in cmd/ipconfig, the ip address the device that needs this port is at, what do I put down? This s**t is rocket science to me and I can never get it to work.

And what is Unicast Maintenance Ranging and how do I make it **** off

Local address should be the IP address of the local device you want to forward the ports to. What are you trying to achieve? and on what Router?

Local address should be the IP address of the local device you want to forward the ports to. What are you trying to achieve? and on what Router?
Having connection issues on my gaming console and got instructed to open some ports. But I'm now convinced that my issue has more to do with the Unicast Maintenance Ranging that I found in the event logs in my router, which are apparently quick timeouts that make me lose connection for a couple of seconds.

Having connection issues on my gaming console and got instructed to open some ports. But I'm now convinced that my issue has more to do with the Unicast Maintenance Ranging that I found in the event logs in my router, which are apparently quick timeouts that make me lose connection for a couple of seconds.

Telstra Cable? A quick Google points to a line issue, log a fault with Telstra

Seriously........ that kind of s**t would be a regular occurrence, even people who proudly proclaim they're "IT savvy" do this s**t. Hell I did 9 months in retail IT sales/support many years ago, and a few years helping out a local LAN gaming group and attempting to comprehend peoples idiotic issues scarred me for life.
Did you use the phrase, "have you tried turning it on and off again?" and "is it plugged in? "

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Best one I got many years ago was "It says 'Printer out of paper'... what do I do??"

Wow, a mod/admin comes in this forum. Thought it was an unmodded free-for-all for nerdy types!
Just tidying up. :)

One reason being that Google now shows the OP date in its search results.

Nobody searching for help on a computer issue will open a thread from 2009.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back