State of Origin General SoO Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

?? I thought I signed up a couple of weeks ago! :eek:

Name: KohPhi
Preferred State: VicM
Secondary State (in case first preference is not included in the competition)
Sweet FA CV/Resume: Bon Vivant
Yeah, we all sorta did but then we had to restart signups due to a bunch of controversy.

how do we judge who were the best back pockets? do we have to delve into Clouds spreadsheets for those
I’d be making assessments based on posting (activity and quality) and giving the prime positions to the players I believe to be better. If someone’s preferred position was not a plum one though (ie. back pocket) i’d probably be inclined to give that position to them unless there’s a convincing reason not to based on the activity and posting of the respective players.

I doubt any SOO team will see three players squabbling over playing back pocket. More likely you have none and you’re pigeonholing an excess mid to two there.

?? I thought I signed up a couple of weeks ago! :eek:

Name: KohPhi
Preferred State: VicM
Secondary State (in case first preference is not included in the competition)
Sweet FA CV/Resume: Bon Vivant
Note - for Beez voting.

deduct down a few places, as he clearly doesn't have a clue whats going on in the Sweet F.A.

I’d be making assessments based on posting (activity and quality) and giving the prime positions to the players I believe to be better. If someone’s preferred position was not a plum one though (ie. back pocket) i’d probably be inclined to give that position to them unless there’s a convincing reason not to based on the activity and posting of the respective players.

I doubt any SOO team will see three players squabbling over playing back pocket. More likely you have none and you’re pigeonholing an excess mid to two there.
Next minute all 20 players want to sit in the back pocket.

Next minute all 20 players want to sit in the back pocket.
I don’t understand the difficulty here. As always the ultimate decision rests on the captain. The captaincy should be allocated by Cloud_ after he’s given proper thought to the role. The only issue is the bigger pool of players which should see any captain selecting the best available for any given position. What basis they come to that decision on is up to them, but if there’s a lot of discord with it then raise it then with Cloud_.

All captaincy aspirants I can reasonable think of would take team selection seriously and fairly enough

PS I get you were joking JT, I just mean in a general sense.

I don’t understand the difficulty here. As always the ultimate decision rests on the captain. The captaincy should be allocated by Cloud_ after he’s given proper thought to the role. The only issue is the bigger pool of players which should see any captain selecting the best available for any given position. What basis they come to that decision on is up to them, but if there’s a lot of discord with it then raise it then with Cloud_.

All captaincy aspirants I can reasonable think of would take team selection seriously and fairly enough

PS I get you were joking JT, I just mean in a general sense.
Oh good, there was a second there that I thought you were seriously considering the possibility that everyone would want to play BP.

say for example you have someone who is top 3 all time in goals scored in SFA history who has been fairly active this season and the current FRED medallist both wanting to play FF for Metro, what would you decide to go with

say for example you have someone who is top 3 all time in goals scored in SFA history who has been fairly active this season and the current FRED medallist both wanting to play FF for Metro, what would you decide to go with
An inactive, because I’m a Sandgroper? :p

Depends on who exactly those two players happen to be. But I’d give the nod to the one that I felt was most deserving.

CM9000 Freofalcon (I think) we have to do this recruitment again because rando legends got mad.
Please fill out the following if you want to represent in State of Origin!

Name (your BigFooty username):
Preferred State (VicC/VicM/SA/WA/ALLIES/NSWACT):
Secondary State (in case first preference is not included in the competition):
Sweet FA CV/Resume (optional):
IMG_0705.GIF

ok i was the best CHF in the comp, do i get that spot
Pfft, try again. Biggie's got you covered and I'm not even sure he was the best.
Code:
        HO   D   K   M   H   T  FF  FA   G   B  DT
NAHNAH   0 195  94  66 101  14   7  19   7  11 741
BIGGIE   0 235 128  65 107  20  12  13  20   9 984

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you were in a drunk enough state the first time
You're like John Farnham.

You retire but you always seem to hang around.

drunken-monkeys-funny.jpg

He is not privy to those stats, he made it all up. Very easy to do. I could easily post your ‘career stats’ which shows you having half the amount of goals you’ve really kicked
So I’d still be all time leading goal scorer.

Sweet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back