State of Origin General SoO Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you expect to promote this SFA forum if you knock new people down all the time, YOU are the reason these things take a backward step.
You need some positivity and encouragement for new people in here like myself and help me learn the protocol instead of talking down to rookies and acting like a ******* flog, like the true keyboard warrior you really are. Its people like you who turn rookies away. Anymore of this s**t from you and I'm out, i don't need this crap in here from w***ers like you.
Can you please take Wayne with you?

Can you please take Wayne with you?
I've had my say and i will leave it there for now.
I do respect you and admire your capabilties and all that you do for the SFA.
I don’t understand the difficulty here. As always the ultimate decision rests on the captain. The captaincy should be allocated by Cloud_ after he’s given proper thought to the role. The only issue is the bigger pool of players which should see any captain selecting the best available for any given position. What basis they come to that decision on is up to them, but if there’s a lot of discord with it then raise it then with Cloud_.

All captaincy aspirants I can reasonable think of would take team selection seriously and fairly enough

PS I get you were joking JT, I just mean in a general sense.
Personally I dont understand all the confusion either, SoO to me means your birth place and i couldn't give a rats toss bag about the playing position, id just be happy to represent my SoO. (and maybe get a SoO badge :oops:)

Last edited:

say for example you have someone who is top 3 all time in goals scored in SFA history who has been fairly active this season and the current FRED medallist both wanting to play FF for Metro, what would you decide to go with
Current FRED medalist and anyone that old needs to ride the bench.

How do you expect to promote this SFA forum if you knock new people down all the time, YOU are the reason these things take a backward step.
You need some positivity and encouragement for new people in here like myself and help me learn the protocol instead of talking down to rookies and acting like a ******* flog, like the true keyboard warrior you really are. Its people like you who turn rookies away. Anymore of this s**t from you and I'm out, i don't need this crap in here from w***ers like you.
This the epitome of the weird dichotomy we've found ourselves in in recent times. You've got some clubs who've bent over backwards to grab a group of rookies, and to keep them the stalwarts have put aside their sim apirations. On the other hand you've got other clubs where new players have had to push through the ranks and impress the stalwarts enough to be given a quality on-field position. There's a tension that arises when there's the belief that certain players have just been handed the recognition that others believe they have worked for, particularly off the back of a very stat-friendly season for some clubs.

This the epitome of the weird dichotomy we've found ourselves in in recent times. You've got some clubs who've bent over backwards to grab a group of rookies, and to keep them the stalwarts have put aside their sim apirations. On the other hand you've got other clubs where new players have had to push through the ranks and impress the stalwarts enough to be given a quality on-field position. There's a tension that arises when there's the belief that certain players have just been handed the recognition that others believe they have worked for, particularly off the back of a very stat-friendly season for some clubs.
It took me a season and a half to play midfield, now you've got rookies debuting on a wing or at Full Forward, baffles me.

Name (your BigFooty username): Smartys Power
Preferred State (VicC/VicM/SA/WA/ALLIES/NSWACT): SA
Secondary State (in case first preference is not included in the competition): Allies
Sweet FA CV/Resume (optional): I suck
Ty.

I'd actually like to take this opportunity to make an apology.
I read some posts in this thread that fired me up as they seem to be directed to rookies in general and more importantly a team mate of mine. I flew of the handle and wrote some disrespectful things of which i apologies. The The Half Back is a well respected member of this forum and a role model for newbies. As a rookie i need to learn from the more experienced operators around here. I don't mean to piss in his pocket, but i went over the top and did not pay him the respect he deserves.
Thanks to NaturalDisaster pointing out a very important aspect of the SFA, which made me think a bit deeper about the true meaning of this forum and maybe not to take things so personal.

The point of the league is to talk down everyone else whilst bignoting oneself.

I highly doubt Halfy (or any of the vets) actually genuinely gives a **** abut what he is arguing about.

This statement really did calm me down and realise how good this place can be, i do love the SFA and i am passionate about my Bears who have been so good to me in my first year.
I want to stick it out and get good at this because it can be a huge amount of fun.
So for what its worth, sorry for being so disrespectful and I will learn from this little outburst. Cheers

I'd actually like to take this opportunity to make an apology.
I read some posts in this thread that fired me up as they seem to be directed to rookies in general and more importantly a team mate of mine. I flew of the handle and wrote some disrespectful things of which i apologies. The The Half Back is a well respected member of this forum and a role model for newbies. As a rookie i need to learn from the more experienced operators around here. I don't mean to piss in his pocket, but i went over the top and did not pay him the respect he deserves.
Thanks to NaturalDisaster pointing out a very important aspect of the SFA, which made me think a bit deeper about the true meaning of this forum and maybe not to take things so personal.

The point of the league is to talk down everyone else whilst bignoting oneself.

I highly doubt Halfy (or any of the vets) actually genuinely gives a **** abut what he is arguing about.

This statement really did calm me down and realise how good this place can be, i do love the SFA and i am passionate about my Bears who have been so good to me in my first year.
I want to stick it out and get good at this because it can be a huge amount of fun.
So for what its worth, sorry for being so disrespectful and I will learn from this little outburst. Cheers
See gents, this is why we should look after our Test Tickles. Now go and tear Halfy a new a-hole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current State of Origin sign-up numbers
NSW/ACT: 9
Allies: 15
Vic Metro: 23
WA: 18
SA: 10
Vic Country: 14
Total: 89

Current State of Origin sign-up numbers
NSW/ACT: 9
Allies: 15
Vic Metro: 23
WA: 18
Vic Country: 14
Total: 89
I think you’ll find Country have filled a team if you go over to Clarkeys team thread.

I think you’ll find Country have filled a team if you go over to Clarkeys team thread.

I think you'll find it contains 5 or 6 players who didn't sign up and barely posted this season though.

Worth noting that if we disband NSW/ACT and send people to their second preference it currently looks like this:

Allies: 20
Vic Metro: 27
WA: 19
Vic Country: 18
Total: 94

DemonJim
Headless
cats2rise
Oddhawk

Blaze Storm
Wayne's-World

MKMatty
Cactus_

Would you fine ladies and gentlemen please fill out the below form if you'd like to be a part of State of Origin this season.

Name (your BigFooty username):
Preferred State (VicC/VicM/SA/WA/ALLIES/NSWACT):
Secondary State (in case first preference is not included in the competition):
Sweet FA CV/Resume (optional):
Is this game still happening .....gotta say with all the controversy over the team process, i lost a bit of interest?

How are teams being selected now ? Captains selected & choosing .....are there Captains, who's choosing positions ...it all appears a bit of a mess

I'm South Australian ....so I'll play, but I want to see who else is playing for South Australia first ....I'd hate to be on my lonesome with a bunch of inactives like Ant Bear & philreich :p

Is this game still happening .....gotta say with all the controversy over the team process, i lost a bit of interest?

How are teams being selected now ? Captains selected & choosing .....are there Captains, who's choosing positions ...it all appears a bit of a mess

I'm South Australian ....so I'll play, but I want to see who else is playing for South Australia first ....I'd hate to be on my lonesome with a bunch of inactives like Ant Bear & philreich :p

I believe captains will be choosing from these sign-ups.

Current SA sign-ups:

sausageroll
Wacky Tiger
Golumless
ArgusTuft
philreich
WFL
roo2macca
Smoooothy
Smartys Power
VSTone

Could really use the numbers.