General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sure it was all about protecting greyhounds and nothing to do with the money to be made selling the greyhound tracks to developers.

That wouldn't surprise me - money for the Government is also keeping the horse racing industry going and will for some time. It will also go down the gurgler at some point though.

For the dogs sake I'm glad...for the sports sake I'm sad.

..the sport could be saved with a totally radical re-think on the way they train their dogs....just train them to chase anything that moves, they do not need to kill anything. I did it that way and it works..............but I can't see it happening.

The so-called experts, top trainers etc would just laugh and ridicule the idea, but they will have to do something very different if they want the game to survive.

I loved my days as a trainer, and while not having trained now for many years, I would never have any other dog as a pet.

Greyhounds are the most gentle and loving dogs of all.

For the dogs sake I'm glad...for the sports sake I'm sad.

..the sport could be saved with a totally radical re-think on the way they train their dogs....just train them to chase anything that moves, they do not need to kill anything. I did and it works.......but I can't see it happening.

The so-called experts, top trainers etc would just laugh and ridicule the idea, but they will have to do something if they want the game to survive.

I loved my days as a trainer, and while not having trained now for many years, I would never have any other dog as a pet.

Greyhounds are the most gentle and loving dogs of all.

Yeah, unfortunately in a sport that is totally funded by gambling, ethics are the first thing to go out in the window.

My son has just phoned down from GC to discuss the news....he is rapt that the sport is gone, and hopes it follows in Vic.

He owned and helped me train our dogs.....he's an even bigger softy than me when it comes to greyhounds

Australia has learnt nothing about playing spin on the subcontinent after all these years. Let's perfect the sweep like Hayden did.......no

Well let's get the bat out in front of the pad like hussey or every Indian player does..... nope

How about we try to play spin the same way we would in Australia.....sure let's do that

Idiots

The ABC grandstand commentary of this boomers vs USA basketball game is freaking hilarious. Anyone who can somehow get a mills and boon novel reference in to sports commentary is on a whole nother level.

its good to see that once again that after all the pressure has gone and on a far more docile track, that the Australian batting order has actually scored some runs just in time to gloss over all the issues that once again presented themselves on this tour with regards to playing spin :rolleyes:

Even better is the fact that Burns and Khawaja both got dropped just before we played on a much slower flatter, less turning track against a sri lankan attack that has their best bowler playing injured and their left hand chinamen suddenly losing the ability to pitch the ball. As such we'll be subjected to another Australian summer of Shaun Marsh again frustrating with his inability to translate his appearance as a good player into actual production.

Don't get me wrong Burns certainly has left the door open with some pretty lackluster performances but in no way will Marsh ever be a better long term player then Khawaja.

When you think you're disillusioned with sport and the Olympics, there always this: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-for-dance-to-highlight-climate-a7193141.html

9t80dEx.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez, was looking forward to the Wallabies game tonight. Went to watch the AFL as soon as they started that horrific schoolboy-under13-esque in general play kicking which led to NZL's 2nd try. Woeful.

Like watching a Lions game unfortunately.

Kudos to you for continuing to watch. After that 2nd try to NZL I couldn't watch anymore. Chieka must have been absolutely fuming.

I was so disappointed I was walking in the opposite direction of the game before it even started!

And it was absolutely not just because I'd parked just outside Olympic Park for the Giants game...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...s/news-story/c15bf4e5ac82d544ff22804b400d4926

THE third umpire will be responsible for calling front-foot no-balls during the one-day series between England and Pakistan as part of a trial conducted by cricket’s world governing body.

its about bloody time IMO. Since the ability for umpires to check the video on front foot no balls once a dismissal occurs we've seen pretty substantial evidence that umpires have been paying less and less attention to watching the bowlers front foot during a game. There's been many a tv recap of a substantial number of no balls not called during a game when there haven't been dismissals as well.

Can't say i blame them either, the speed of the game and the ball make it pretty hard to focus from a front foot to whats happening at the point of impact. Before slow motion tv replays it has been ok as the level of scrutiny has been less on the mistakes, but when broadcasters are using the technology to highlight errors I think its only far officials can use the same technology to make the decisions. I tend to think this may lead to improved decision making especially in LBW calls as they won't have to be shifting their focus mid flight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back