General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

About the thousandth time the Pats and Steelers have gotten through to the championship game. On one of the podcasts I listen to they refer to the Pats as the throne of ease. Pretty appropriate.

They've committed long term to Cutler. They'd need to find a buyer.

Yeah but for a QB he's actually pretty cheap over the next year or so $16 mil next year and only a $2mil cap hit if he's not there. Plus he's out of guaranteed money. They may draft a rookie and keep him on but both parties may also decide its time to move on as well.

Yeah but for a QB he's actually pretty cheap over the next year or so $16 mil next year and only a $2mil cap hit if he's not there. Plus he's out of guaranteed money. They may draft a rookie and keep him on but both parties may also decide its time to move on as well.

What team do you support?

What team do you support?

I don't really have one but I follow the bears a little more than others just because my brother in law does (lived near chicago for a number of years). I just like watching good games, and the more I watch the more I get sucked into it, i'll be playing fantasy soon no doubt. Then its a slippery slope to modding a forum.

People whining about non-calls in the NFL irritates me. The line between blocking and holding is so fine the coaches don't really get upset at their players for getting flags thrown. I saw in replay similar acts by the Dallas O-Line, so unless the above tweeter is going to post about those I don't see the point in picking out just one play.

Besides if anyone had watched the way that Beckham got mauled this year.... ;)

Yep, but they're really reminiscent of the Lions at this point, so many holes it's hard to know where to start.

It's going to be an interesting few months....

The Jets are another team who could be a player.

Typical. The two best playoff games this round both today - a workday!

Not a packers fan but it easy to love everything about Rogers. Makes riveting viewing.

Btw we will take Romo at Buffalo ...

Typical. The two best playoff games this round both today - a workday!

Not a packers fan but it easy to love everything about Rogers. Makes riveting viewing.

Btw we will take Romo at Buffalo ...

CqUM3zzXYAAopcP.jpg

Kyrgios playing sublimely. Hopefully he can keep up this form and keep his attitude in check over the next two weeks.

I desperately want to like him and support him unconditionally but he makes it so difficult.

Didn't see Tomic play but seems like he also played well and I have the same issues with him as I do with Kyrgios.

People whining about non-calls in the NFL irritates me. The line between blocking and holding is so fine the coaches don't really get upset at their players for getting flags thrown. I saw in replay similar acts by the Dallas O-Line, so unless the above tweeter is going to post about those I don't see the point in picking out just one play.

Besides if anyone had watched the way that Beckham got mauled this year.... ;)
Yep, you could pick apart every play and find a holding, PI etc. NFL would have to be one of the hardest codes to officiate in the world.

On a side note, the four remaining teams are NE (Brady), Pit (Big Ben), Atlanta (Matt Ryan, probable MVP) & Green Bay (Rodgers), only further enhancing the argument of having a star QB... should drive the market value for Tony and Jimmy G in the off-season.

Kyrgios playing sublimely. Hopefully he can keep up this form and keep his attitude in check over the next two weeks.

I desperately want to like him and support him unconditionally but he makes it so difficult.

Didn't see Tomic play but seems like he also played well and I have the same issues with him as I do with Kyrgios.
It is a shame Kokkinakis has again missed the AO with injury because he is far more likeable than Kyrgios and Tomic. Looking at it purely from an entertainment standpoint, however, Kyrgios is terrific to watch. He draws the big crowds.

If you are looking to get behind a young Aussie that Alex Di Minaur kid came across as very humble after winning a thrilling 5 set match in Round 1. He is only 17!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

....and Jarrod Thompson. A real surprise packet, will be interested to see how he goes today. Should be on very soon.

Young Alex is very likable, loved his big scream after winning his epic match yesterday!:D

Yeah, as I was writing it, I had a feeling it was wrong. Thanks:oops:

..I wish someone would send in a tweet to ch7.....we have nearly as many Aussies playing today as yesterday, but not seeing any of them. An unknown Aussie Alex Bolt is playing as I post, but not seeing it at all....he's down a game in the 1st set atm according to HUN.

Let's see all Aussies while they are there, particularly any new ones coming through.

Yeah, as I was writing it, I had a feeling it was wrong. Thanks:oops:

..I wish someone would send in a tweet to ch7.....we have nearly as many Aussies playing today as yesterday, but not seeing any of them. An unknown Aussie Alex Bolt is playing as I post, but not seeing it at all....he's down a game in the 1st set atm according to HUN.

Let's see all Aussies while they are there, particularly any new ones coming through.

Worth noting that as the local provider they essentially cover the tennis for most of the international contracted companies. Also depending which of the outside courts the aussies are on, they may not be able to get suitable camera angles to really cover the games as some of them just don't have the vantage points to mount cameras there, nor have commentary.

I do understand that, but they have several channels, they could show at least 2-3 of our players in action.

This young Aussie, Bolt, who I mentioned above, has won the second set and seems to be holding on alright so far. Would love to see it as I have never heard of him before.

..but I'll just have to keep checking the HUN or Open site for results. Grr!

They get criticized for showing too many aussies or not enough. Hard to please everyone.

Fatcat is right though. The networks (especially 7) divested themselves of staff years ago and rely on contractors to do outside broadcast. It's definitely a case of it not being cost-effective to have cameras everywhere. I have a relative working on the coverage so can speak with some degree of authority.

We have never seen so many empty seats at our Aussie Open. Ever....and we're only in to day 3.

Have often commented when watching other Opens (except Wimbledon) overseas about the lack of support they get compared to ours.

Am wondering if the price of tickets is finally taking a toll.......after day 5, I think it was, it cost over $100 and rising each day/night....the final is $400+

..getting out of the range of the average person imo. We've been a few times, but couldn't afford those prices anymore.

Kyrgios doesn't give a *. So mentally weak. A drop like that after the first two sets is inexplicable.

He'll retire with a shorter career than Rafter and none of the accolades but clearly he doesn't care. What a terrible waste of talent.

Kyrgios doesn't give a ****. So mentally weak. A drop like that after the first two sets is inexplicable.

He'll retire with a shorter career than Rafter and none of the accolades but clearly he doesn't care. What a terrible waste of talent.
The most bizarre/ridiculous performance I've ever seen on a tennis court.

Such a spoilt petulant brat....we so wanted him to win, but he lost us, again.

He needs a complete break away from tennis like Ash Barty did....will either refuel his hunger for tennis, or give him time to sort out what it is he does want.

De Minaur and Thompson would love to be in Nicks position, bet they wouldn't take it all for granted like he does....or carry on with tantrums ala Nick.

Such a spoilt petulant brat....we so wanted him to win, but he lost us, again.

He needs a complete break away from tennis like Ash Barty did....will either refuel his hunger for tennis, or give him time to sort out what it is he does want.

De Minaur and Thompson would love to be in Nicks position, bet they wouldn't take it all for granted like he does....or carry on with tantrums ala Nick.

I don't think he has the hunger. I think he likes the profile of being a professional tennis player but nothing else of the sport. He'll be an early retiree. Won't be lacking for money. Let's just hope it doesn't all go up his nose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back