Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
It amazes me that Kyrgios gets the attention he does from the Australian media let alone supporters and supporters.

I was fortunate enough to see him implode last year against the consummate professional in Tomas Berdych and again had the joy of seeing Andreas Seppi knock out the biggest tool of a so called sportsmen I have just about ever seen.

Irrespective of nationality and bias aside, why do Australians even support such a petulant imbecile? If Kyrgios was anything other than Australian, he would be chastised and an outcast, yet Australians get behind him?:drunk:

There is never any shame in being an Australian and supporting a player / team opposing an Australian when that player / team has class, humility and integrity or when that Australian lacks a hint of any of those qaulities.

Krygios deserves nothing.

It amazes me that Kyrgios gets the attention he does from the Australian media let alone supporters and supporters.

I was fortunate enough to see him implode last year against the consummate professional in Tomas Berdych and again had the joy of seeing Andreas Seppi knock out the biggest tool of a so called sportsmen I have just about ever seen.

Irrespective of nationality and bias aside, why do Australians even support such a petulant imbecile? If Kyrgios was anything other than Australian, he would be chastised and an outcast, yet Australians get behind him?:drunk:

There is never any shame in being an Australian and supporting a player / team opposing an Australian when that player / team has class, humility and integrity or when that Australian lacks a hint of any of those qaulities.

Krygios deserves nothing.

It's purely that he is exceptionally talented, very entertaining at his best and Australian.

It's simply not enough though. He is not worthy of anyone's time. I can't remember an athlete this condescending towards his sport without achieving anything noteworthy.

It's purely that he is exceptionally talented, very entertaining at his best and Australian.

It's simply not enough though. He is not worthy of anyone's time. I can't remember an athlete this condescending towards his sport without achieving anything noteworthy.

Of course Australians are going to try to like fellow Australians. Most people I know have little to no time for him, but hope he turns it around. Same with Tomic.

Kyrgios is ranked 13 in the world though. He hasn't achieved that on the back of nothing. I tend to think he was physically cooked out there tonight, but unlike most others he feels the need to let everyone know - most other players are coached not to show weakness.

What you said before has some merit - I don't think he actually enjoys the sport, but is incredibly gifted at it. Some of the shots he hits reek of a guy seeing what he can get away with and entertaining himself. Interesting the noises coming out of the press conference were that he needed to take the off-season more seriously (duh) and he accepted he needed a coach.

I'm not totally writing him off - I just think (a) he'll be a late maturer and (b) Australians don't know how to handle someone who is a square peg in a round hole.

Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I was rather tolerant of Kyrgios but the breaking point for mine was when he publicly bagged out Kitty Chiller about her Olympic success. He's a flog, arrogant, deceitful, egotistical and is a disgrace to the sport of Tennis.

My brother and his mate ran into him about a year ago or so under the Southbank train station bridge at about 11pm after their classes, he was with his partner Ajla Tomljanovic (she was sober apparently) blind rotten drunk and more or less passed out. At that time he had been off court for a while because of a recurring injury and this is how he recovers? He's lacked any sort of dedicated professionalism that is required of a professional tennis player.

I hope he can turn it around as I think he could be something special but I refuse to watch him play or fully support him until that time comes.

I was wasting my talent and potential until I was 29, so I find it difficult to be too hard on him. Everyone is a bit of a dick at that age, we're just so used to kids being stage managed so bad that you never see it. You always regret when the curtain gets pulled back. If he's still a dick at 25 then I might abandon him but I see enough signs of growth. He might not "deserve" his talent because he doesn't seem to appreciate it enough but where else can he make the sort of coin he is making? Plenty of people skate through life at that age without appreciating what they've got they just aren't in the public eye. He entertains me and sure part of that is the car crash effect, but if everyone had the same personality it would be boring.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Stosur should just concentrate on overseas....we have a new girl in town and her name is Dasher (Daria)

Two Aus Opens and in to her second consecutive 4th round. She's consistent and exciting to watch...... well done Dasher:thumbsu:

Stosur should just concentrate on overseas....we have a new girl in town and her name is Dasher (Daria)

Two Aus Opens and in to her second consecutive 4th round. She's consistent and exciting to watch...... well done Dasher:thumbsu:
She is such a little pocket rocket.
I think she is great value.

James North

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Berdych isn't all roses, Dylan12 - he's refused to shake his opponent's hand on several occasions and can be a real hothead.

Lots of tennis players have behavioural issues on court. Having played the game to a high level until my 20s and being an extremely calm person in general ... I can completely relate to this. It's such a mental game and very momentum and perception based.

Anyway - Kyrgios is a brat, but I think he's focused on more because he actually could be one of the best players in the world. I don't really like watching him play just like I never liked watching Hewitt play.

Kyrgios also gets a really bad wrap from News Corp - they go majorly overboard with language when reporting on him. Feeding their general sensationalism and clickbait rubbish they usually run, I suppose.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Pretty abysmal way for Green Bay's run to end... Atlanta have stepped up on D and look scary good though

Then Rodgers throws 6 Hail Mary touchdowns in a row.

kylegee28

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brisbane bandwagoners showing their face in the leaving during the super over of the Big Bash. Bad Luck Heat. Fingers crossed Mitchell Johnson gets an over or two at Botha in the final.

Getting harder for the second tier F1 teams to stay viable. Farewell Manor.

I do love my F1, but the way the sport is run is a joke. I'm interested to see how it goes with Ecclestone out of the way.

Back