General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it was...but if you look closely, you'll see one or two did stand silent.

To use the excuse it is not in their culture is crap too.....there are a couple of photo's showing them standing silent for one of their own tributes in the past.

They couldn't give a rats toss about respecting our values..

Super Samoan back on top. For a 43 year old guy ghee he still goes well, although unlikely I hope he can win his next 2 and demand a title shot in his last fight. Would be great to see him go out a champion. Absolutely love the way he goes about it

The Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is certainly picturesque as a result of being in the middle of a river but it can also be home to swarms of mosquitoes in the right conditions.

Check out Hamilton's car and helmet after the Canadian GP last weekend.

v4fTJdU.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...7/news-story/337589ec63a5d77f7e89025a3aea99c1

Long overdue. What a massive cluster* it has been.

2017 has been pretty exciting so far with the Mercedes vs Ferrari battle, but it could be more exciting again next year with Red Bull rocking a brand new spec Renault engine and McLaren having Mercedes power once more.

Wonder if that will be enough for McLaren to retain Alonso.

Jonathan Thurston is the GOAT, what a player absolute pleasure to have watched his career.
I agree. I'm too young to have watched Wally Lewis, but i saw half of Andrew John's career and I think he has surpassed him.

He is the GOAT.

It's been such an amazing 14 odd years. I remember watching Qld lose in 2005 thinking NSW just had so many gun players and the future wasn't looking great for us. Boy was I wrong :p

Langer was comparable. Lockyer too, it's hard to compare. Lewis was a very different style. I'd always rate Fittler as well. But Thurston just wins and wants to win every second of every game.

I don't watch Rugby League anymore except for SOO and GFs but followed it very closely previously.

Jonathan Thurston along with Darren Lockyer probably the two most consistent and brilliant performers but with everybody at their absolute best in a one off game or series I would go with Wally Lewis or Andrew Johns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After quite a long injury layoff, to come back and kick those 2 clutch goals in the second half is amazing. Even the one in the first half was from the side line.
JT is a legend.
Yep, Queensland have been blessed with 3 of the GOATs all playing in the one team ie.Thurston, Smith and Cronk. With this being Thurston and Cronk's last series and Smith only 1-2 years left I hope Queensland don't fall off a cliff when they go, very hard to replace champions especially halves and hookers, the KPP of Rugby League.

Yep, Queensland have been blessed with 3 of the GOATs all playing in the one team ie.Thurston, Smith and Cronk. With this being Thurston and Cronk's last series and Smith only 1-2 years left I hope Queensland don't fall off a cliff when they go, very hard to replace champions especially halves and hookers, the KPP of Rugby League.
I thought the young forwards really stood up in the second half last night. Especially Napa.

I thought the young forwards really stood up in the second half last night. Especially Napa.
One of the best parts about watching SOO is Phil Gould saying how NSW are getting on top and QLD are walking and in a bunch. He has been saying it during virtually every game right through this period of QLD domination.

Langer was comparable. Lockyer too, it's hard to compare. Lewis was a very different style. I'd always rate Fittler as well. But Thurston just wins and wants to win every second of every game.

Reminds me of Voss in that regard, just the will to win and the belief you can be the one to make it happen. While I don't rate Cronk quite as highly as Smith or Thurston he is the perfect foil to both of them. He's such a controlling and calming presence around the field. Strangely enough and in complete contradiction to what i've just said but I think Cronk is the harder to replace of the two halves. There are a lot of dynamic playmakers in the QLD system, although none at the Thurston level, but there is a real lack of guys who can step in and control a game and direct a team round the park. You really need one of each in the side and I think that finding a guy in Cronks role to do his job is the harder of the two.

Still think I'll miss the laugh the most, he's so great to watch in interviews

Free practice 2 was a hilarious yellow and red flag fest in Baku last night. Cars going off the track everywhere and Perez, Palmer and Verstappen all hit the wall hard.

Bodes well for an entertaining race.
Such a beautiful place for a race

Remove this Banner Ad

Back